Author Topic: Blame Canada  (Read 12974 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Blame Canada
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2022, 09:08:17 AM »
We mentioned this earlier, but I just saw confirmation from an official ottawa.gov twitter account:

https://twitter.com/OttawaBylaw/status/1494306645274509316

Attention animal owners at demonstration

If you are unable to care for your animal as a result of enforcement actions, your animal will placed into protective care for 8 days, at your cost. After 8 days, if arrangements are not made, your animal will be considered relinquished.

I kinda wonder what the amount of "at your cost" is.  Not like truckers that haven't worked in a month have a ton of extra cash lying around.  Credit Cards are frozen.  They can't get donations.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2022, 09:11:45 AM »
That mass freezing of individual bank accounts is just terrifying. As is the doxxing and terrorizing of average people who donated $20 to the protest.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2022, 09:19:39 AM »
I really think that Trudeau is just an idiot who has been told his whole life that he's special, and is just sure as can be that he's right and these yokels just need to be brought to heel and they'll come around.  He's kind of a classic participation trophy narcissist.

But if his party were trying to goad folks into violence as an excuse, this would be a pretty good way.  Take away everything a person has, make it so they can't feed their family, then threaten to jail start jailing them is a good way to make people think they have nothing to lose. [tinfoil]

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2022, 09:30:48 AM »
And on the other side of Canada, environmentalists attack cops and pipeline workers with axes, injure a Mountie, destroy hundreds of thousands of dollars in property, cause oil spills, while receiving funds from a GoFundMe campaign.

No accounts frozen, nobody arrested.

https://twitter.com/sjmuir/status/1494459742776750120

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2022, 09:52:19 AM »
And on the other side of Canada, environmentalists attack cops and pipeline workers with axes, injure a Mountie, destroy hundreds of thousands of dollars in property, cause oil spills, while receiving funds from a GoFundMe campaign.

No accounts frozen, nobody arrested.

https://twitter.com/sjmuir/status/1494459742776750120

This my shocked face
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2022, 10:16:20 AM »
Police start making arrests as operation to remove convoy protesters ramps up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVVPIxL8Vg0
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2022, 10:17:27 AM »
I think the BIG test for democracy in Canada is this: Will the police, military, bankers, etc., do as they're told and OBEY Trudeau's orders to abuse their fellow Canadians?

I expect we'll be hearing "I vas only following orders" coming out of Canada a lot during the next year.   =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2022, 10:19:06 AM »
And we have tow trucks

Ottawa Live - OttawaPro - Friday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpVlbTAGUq8
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2022, 10:43:30 AM »
I think the BIG test for democracy in Canada is this: Will the police, military, bankers, etc., do as they're told and OBEY Trudeau's orders to abuse their fellow Canadians?

I expect we'll be hearing "I vas only following orders" coming out of Canada a lot during the next year.   =(

I'm willing to bet real money that the vast, vast majority of Canadian LE will go lock-step. I sadly expect that much of US LE would do the same thing, but still hold hope that many here would find a way not to follow orders. I'm thinking the Canadian culture is much more comfortable, or at least much less resistant, to authority than the US culture. Though we are going downhill fast in that regard.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2022, 11:16:07 AM »
Police start making arrests as operation to remove convoy protesters ramps up

Currently on that live feed a face off between police, some with M4s, and some protesters.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2022, 11:18:35 AM »
This could get messy real quick
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2022, 11:32:57 AM »
Here we go
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2022, 11:39:02 AM »
You can bet American politicians and LE are watching this very closely, learning more about what they can expect, and more importantly to them, what they can get away with.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2022, 11:44:38 AM »
You can bet American politicians and LE are watching this very closely, learning more about what they can expect, and more importantly to them, what they can get away with.

I think, by and large, the Canadians {protesters)are more likely to be peaceful and let the jack boots be seen on TV. Think Selma or Tiananmen square.  Americans are angrier, and American protests are more likely to go rioty than this one seems to be.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2022, 11:50:51 AM »
I think, by and large, the Canadians {protesters)are more likely to be peaceful and let the jack boots be seen on TV. Think Selma or Tiananmen square.  Americans are angrier, and American protests are more likely to go rioty than this one seems to be.

You can bet dollars to donuts ANTIFA types will also infiltrate any such protests here ready and willing to make sure it goes hot for the MSM cameras.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2022, 11:55:10 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA3yZ_bFRms
Freedom Convoy Leaders ARRESTED As Canada Descends Into Martial Law, Bank Outages CONFIRMED

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2022, 12:14:02 PM »
CBC reporting protesters putting their children between them and the police implying they're using them as human shields. Not seeing any of that on any live feed I've seen.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2022, 01:01:17 PM »
I really think that Trudeau is just an idiot who has been told his whole life that he's special, and is just sure as can be that he's right and these yokels just need to be brought to heel and they'll come around.  He's kind of a classic participation trophy narcissist.

But if his party were trying to goad folks into violence as an excuse, this would be a pretty good way.  Take away everything a person has, make it so they can't feed their family, then threaten to jail start jailing them is a good way to make people think they have nothing to lose. [tinfoil]
I have heard opinions that is exactly what they are trying to do.  If the protestors get violent, that gives the Gov more excuse/cover to take direct action against them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2022, 01:01:54 PM »
CBC: Arrested organizer has "white nationalist" views
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2022, 01:25:59 PM »
CBC: Arrested organizer has "white nationalist" views

Riiiight.  They’ll say anything to try to discredit the protesters no matter how blatant the lie.  Wouldn’t surprise me if that arrestee were “1st nations” or something other than straight up European ancestry.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »
Riiiight.  They’ll say anything to try to discredit the protesters no matter how blatant the lie.  Wouldn’t surprise me if that arrestee were “1st nations” or something other than straight up European ancestry.

Organizer is against vaccine mandates.
White Nationalists are against vaccine mandates.
Therefore the Organizer is a White Nationalist.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 01:51:36 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2022, 02:29:29 PM »

And the CBC is Canadian Govt Propaganda. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2022, 03:15:41 PM »
Looks like the police are getting ready for a blitzkrieg
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2022, 03:17:51 PM »

Therefore he is literallyhitler
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2022, 03:53:48 PM »
Ottawa police press conference

- Calvin and Hobbes