Author Topic: Bridge Collapses in Pittsiburg.... hours before  (Read 1463 times)

Regolith

• friend
Re: Bridge Collapses in Pittsiburg.... hours before
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 04:11:19 PM »

WTF kind of cherry tree gonna cost a couple of thousand?

https://www.plantingtree.com/collections/flowering-cherry-trees

New trees are cheap. Established, old trees are definitely not. Time is expensive.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2022, 04:13:33 PM »
I have paid 1300 to have an established sugar maple installed and that was in the sticks, not suburban hell.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2022, 07:47:41 AM »
The tree was mature and well established, 30+ years old. I've been in the community 29 years and it was a good looking, but smaller, tree when I moved in.

It was at a focal point in our community near the main entrance.

We're going to push for replacement with a mature specimen. Probably not one that is 30 years old, but no one that's basically a sapling, either.

Between the clean up of the old tree, the price of a new mature tree, and the labor involved in planting it, I wouldn't be surprised if it went to $5,000.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.