Author Topic: Homeland Security Releases New Terror Threat Alert  (Read 1568 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Homeland Security Releases New Terror Threat Alert
« on: February 08, 2022, 04:10:01 PM »
I guess they're going this way now regarding "terror":

The United States remains in a heightened threat environment fueled by several factors, including an online environment filled with false or misleading narratives and conspiracy theories, and other forms of mis- dis- and mal-information (MDM) introduced and/or amplified by foreign and domestic threat actors. These threat actors seek to exacerbate societal friction to sow discord and undermine public trust in government institutions to encourage unrest, which could potentially inspire acts of violence.

https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/national-terrorism-advisory-system-bulletin-february-07-2022

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-dhs-declares-heightened-terrorism-threat_4264678.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Homeland Security Releases New Terror Threat Alert
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 04:12:51 PM »
Cool, looking like we make it to another list.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 04:14:25 PM »
I like "malinformation". That's one of their made up words that I've not heard yet.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 04:16:08 PM »
The United States remains in a heightened threat environment fueled by several factors, including an online environment filled with false or misleading narratives and conspiracy theories, and other forms of mis- dis- and mal-information (MDM) introduced and/or amplified by foreign and domestic threat actors. These threat actors seek to exacerbate societal friction to sow discord and undermine public trust in government institutions to encourage unrest, which could potentially inspire acts of violence.

Glad they finally labeled democrats terrorists
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 05:29:30 PM »
The constitution is an extremist threat to the govment.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 06:59:47 PM »

That quote is 100% accurate.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 07:13:53 PM »
Somebody really really really wants the right to start pulling triggers.

I suspect if that happens the course of action against the political right embarked upon is one that has already been planned out, war gamed and refined. 

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 07:44:30 PM »
Everyone's pointing at the other side.  Let me ask:

If an adversary had the resources to do what that quote says is being done, why on earth would they confine their efforts to one side of our cultural divide?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 08:25:55 PM »

If an adversary had the resources to do what that quote says is being done, why on earth would they confine their efforts to one side of our cultural divide?

Working for an incredibly left wing organization for over a decade I can tell you that they hate us (the right) at the highest levels and there are plenty at the ground floor who feel the same.

So yes, they are being riled up and are organizing on the leftist divide as well.

I just see that the leftists hold all the institutions of persuasion and power. Years ago I thought law enforcement and the military were "conservative" or strongholds of the right. I've been disabused of that notion these last 5 years or so. I also see leftist movements creating mayhem and damage with no official response taking them down a notch and putting limits on their behavior. Antifa and BLM walk if they are even arrested.

One side of the equation seems to be more co-conspirators more than being covertly influenced.     

The folks on the right still think we can vote our way out of this dilemma. Those on the right who know better appear to be getting trolled, provoked and poked by those in control.

We stole the election(s), we do it all the time, c'mon boy, what ya going to do ya big pu**!

We're opening up the borders, lettin em in from all the shitholes, c'mon boy, what ya going to do ya big pu**!

Oh, you want to advocate for change online? Goodbye, you're banned/cancelled, no social media for you ...  c'mon boy, what ya going to do ya big pu**!

What? you don't like our retconning of history and the polluting of your the states children in public school, too bad ... c'mon boy, what ya going to do ya big pu**!

What? You don't like boys pretending to be girls in the bathroom/showers and in female sports? Too bad ... c'mon boy, what ya going to do ya big pu**!

I can sit here and write these all night. This crap didn't bubble up from the masses organically, it's been imposed and it's been done in a way to put folks on notice as to who is in control (not you).

All the talk about white supremacy, white nationalists and the evils of nationalism are all narrative building so that if there happens to be a backlash, they've already tarred the right. Built in narrative.

Do I believe the left is also being manipulated and influenced? Of course. They seem to like it though.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 09:19:28 PM »
Do I believe the left is also being manipulated and influenced? Of course. They seem to like it though.

Don’t need to be manipulated when you are already complicit and a True Believer.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 09:49:01 PM »
Or maybe it's all just a game to the permanent bureaucracy and uniparty, they just want to see how far they can go, how much crap we will eat before they swing the pendulum back to the right and abuse the lefties for awhile.

You have to admit, Trump was great at trolling the lefties. Maybe it's all a big game to the movers and shakers. There really are two sides, just not how we are trained to think. There are those who are running the show and those who aren't.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2022, 11:26:32 PM »

Hate is a strong emotion. And... It is a fun emotion. It is POWERFUL and active...
Blog under construction

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2022, 11:35:58 PM »
The OP's quote could be taken a few different ways.  I looked at the source material to see if it was more specific.

COVID-19 mitigation measures—particularly COVID-19 vaccine and mask mandates—have been used by domestic violent extremists to justify violence since 2020 and could continue to inspire these extremists to target government, healthcare, and academic institutions that they associate with those measures.

Some domestic violent extremists have continued to advocate for violence in response to false or misleading narratives about unsubstantiated election fraud. The months preceding the upcoming 2022 midterm elections could provide additional opportunities for these extremists and other individuals to call for violence directed at democratic institutions, political candidates, party offices, election events, and election workers.

There's also some stuff in there about ISIS, and the Texas synagogue attack.

But yea, like French said:

Cool, looking like we make it to another list.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 08:18:45 AM »
Interesting….was just reading this thread and exited out for a brief moment and now it went from 3 pages to 1…..

Is censorship finding its way here?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 08:24:31 AM »
Interesting….was just reading this thread and exited out for a brief moment and now it went from 3 pages to 1…..

Is censorship finding its way here?

?
You must be mixing up threads, haven't seen this one go pass 1 page yet.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 08:26:36 AM »

The problem is the "adversary" here seems to be domestic moreso than foreign, as the covid related language seems to insinuate. Government spokespeople, up to and including the president, are only attacking one side for covid "misinformation". If I see DHS directly address things like adversaries misdirecting origin information related to a Chinese lab leak, I'll reconsider my position.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 10:11:34 AM »
The problem is the "adversary" here seems to be domestic moreso than foreign, as the covid related language seems to insinuate. Government spokespeople, up to and including the president, are only attacking one side for covid "misinformation". If I see DHS directly address things like adversaries misdirecting origin information related to a Chinese lab leak, I'll reconsider my position.

You misunderstand what I was saying.  The adversary[ies] are foreign*.  They are creating "an online environment filled with false or misleading narratives and conspiracy theories, and other forms of mis- dis- and mal-information (MDM)....  to exacerbate societal friction to sow discord and undermine public trust in government institutions to encourage unrest, which could potentially inspire acts of violence."

The people in the federal government are among those being manipulated by this environment, and they are helping sow social discord by reacting to a view of America that has been manipulated.  As is the right wing.

We often talk about how the government, rich elites, and media live in their own world or bubble.  We need to understand that that's true, and that bubble is created and curated by folks with motivations.  Our bubble is as well.

*There are certainly US based groups doing this, but even Amazon and Google don't have nation-state scale resources to do it the way the foreign adversaries do.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 10:32:49 AM »
That's why I've been talking crazy sheet here these last 5 to 10 years. Before that I was a pretty vanilla classical liberal poster.

The official incoherence and cog dis out there has been ramping up for over a decade, at least that is when I really addressed it in my own life. Now I keep trying to expand my personal Overton window to understand what is going on. We are in the fog of war.

The problem is not only us, but good folks in government can only make good decisions if there is good information. Our sources of information are all polluted and I'm not confident those in government have "purer" information. It looks like everything is psy-ops anymore. Alex Jones is frequently more accurate than CNN or even FOX. We're screwed in many ways.

That's one reason why about a decade and a half ago I re-examined first principles and my philosophical/theological assumptions, getting that squared away. An accurate map of reality helps me escape the cultural and political hypnosis to which we're subjected.  That's a story for another day though. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2022, 10:43:03 AM »
You misunderstand what I was saying. 

Okay, I can see that and it is food for my thoughts.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2022, 11:08:40 AM »
I guess that means we're our own terrorist cell.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2022, 11:14:14 AM »

How many of you guys are Feds?  [tinfoil]

You know you guys, you can still turn to God, follow Jesus and you won't be judged on judgement day for being a soldier of the globalists.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2022, 11:23:32 AM »

I think we've talked about this before, but yea - I would not be surprised to learn that APS is classified as a domestic extremist organization by elements of the federal government.  Possibly a violent domestic extremest organization due to our open discussions of firearms.  The terrorist label seems a bit far since no one here advocates for violence.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2022, 11:30:34 AM »
Wait... We're ALL Feds?

Well this is embarrassing...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2022, 11:36:07 AM »
I was recruited by them, screened and even took the psychological test. They informed me that due to my passing the psychological test they were unable to use me  :-* 

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2022, 11:37:00 AM »
Wait... We're ALL Feds?

Well this is embarrassing...

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden