Author Topic: It's gearing up to be a fun election season!  (Read 1691 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: It's gearing up to be a fun election season!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2022, 07:03:54 AM »
I'd vote for her...

The progressive liberal left assumes that ANYONE leaning "conservative" is a caricature churcher from an amalgam of Handmaids Tale, Footloose, and Joe McCarthy...

We aren't.

Yes, true, but are we really any different? We tend to look at the left as being all hard-core Marxists who want nothing more than for the government to own everyone and everything and dole it out to the masses with an eyedropper Soviet style.

Of course, I'm of the opinion that that's one hell of a lot closer to the truth than the left's view of us. :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2022, 09:10:26 PM »
I am pretty sure that is photoshopped.

Only if the whole video was photoshopped:
https://globalnews.ca/news/4815853/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-dancing-video/

Funny how hard it is to find that video without the accompanying verbiage about the video "backfiring" on the "haters" that posted it. [Narrator voice] The video is very corny, and makes her look like a dork. Perhaps it's not fair, but she looks like a dork.

I'd sometimes have lunch at a pub here where the older, and wealthier, patrons would chip in for boob jobs for the waitresses. VERY guido joint. I'm wondering is that is what happened with AOC - those don't fit her frame...

I don't know how some grown men still haven't figured out that push-up bras are a thing. Or that large, uh, tracts of land can exist without medical help.

And for what it's worth, if I were single, I would also want to date AOC. She's pretty, and my standards aren't all that high.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2022, 09:42:29 PM »
I read that Thomas Sowell "quote" in his voice.  Made it funnier. :D
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2022, 08:54:00 AM »
West Texas GOP wannabe railroad commissioner, 37, divides locals after posting TikTok video of herself TOPLESS while straddling oil pumping jack
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10540425/West-Texas-wannabe-railroad-commissioner-37-posts-TikTok-video-TOPLESS.html

The link has pictures from the video that are censored.  Still may not be safe for work depending on your work.

I have no idea if she ever had any chance of winning.  I assume no or she wouldn't have done this.  I am not sure whether to LOL or be embarrassed.
Looks like she got enough votes to force a runoff with the incumbent. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/03/01/texas-railroad-commission-wayne-christian/

I heard an interview with her this morning.  She sounded pretty practical.  She said she has experience in the oil and gas industry where the incumbent has none.  I guess I need to verify that. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2022, 01:04:40 PM »
Looks like she got enough votes to force a runoff with the incumbent. 

So the choice is between a crook and whore?

Clown world indeed.   :O

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2022, 01:33:52 PM »
So the choice is between a crook and whore?

Clown world indeed.   :O

One steals the other provides a service for a fee.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2022, 02:12:39 PM »
She said she has experience in the oil and gas industry where the incumbent has none.

I'm not sure that riding the pump like a mechanical bull qualifies as "experience."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2022, 02:34:11 PM »
The Republicans shouldn't be counting their chickens before they hatch.  The Democrats have had some serious success in redistricting in many states, erasing a number of formerly Republican seats in Congress.  Karl Rove was supposedly in charge of the Republican redistricting effort nationwide and has done essentially nothing.  The party leadership is pretty pissed off at him.  Most of the court challenges brought against Democrat redistricting maps around the nation went against the Republicans.
Also, Democrats still control the election process in many states.  You can count on them turning the election fraud machine back up to '11' for the mid-terms.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2022, 05:29:38 PM »
I'm not sure that riding the pump like a mechanical bull qualifies as "experience."

More experience in the energy sector than Hunter Biden!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams