Author Topic: speculations on ramifications for continental USA/please share your thoughts  (Read 1722 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
It occurs to me that there's a low but non-zero chance that Putin has agreed to provide a diversion with Ukraine while China preps an invasion of Taiwan . . .

In some ways, Russia into Ukraine, then China into Taiwan, reminds me of Germany into Poland followed by Pearl Harbor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Lets not forget Germany into Poland was followed 2 weeks later by Soviet Union into Poland followed shortly by Soviet Union into Finland.
Germany into France followed by Soviet Union into the Baltic states
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Lets not forget Germany into Poland was followed 2 weeks later by Soviet Union into Poland followed shortly by Soviet Union into Finland.
Germany into France followed by Soviet Union into the Baltic states

You might have forgotten but I doubt Poland has
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
^^^I wonder if the Baltics are sleeping with one eye open these days.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
^^^I wonder if the Baltics are sleeping with one eye open these days.

The Baltics are sleeping soundly behind a bunch of US weapons and under that sweet Article 5 blanket.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
The notion that Russia is invading a western puppet government is laughable.
Agreed. I doubt those Ukranians fighting off Russians blame us for this, they blame Putin and rightfully so.
Too many talking heads that are supposedly "America first" are "blame America first".
Quote from: Candace Owens
I suggest every American who wants to know what’s *actually* going on in Russia and Ukraine, read this transcript of Putin’s address. As I’ve said for month— NATO (under direction from the United States) is violating previous agreements and expanding eastward. WE are at fault.
[barf]
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
I am sure the US is not without blame.  I doubt whatever we did is the whole story.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge