Author Topic: Custom single action revolver work?  (Read 346 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Custom single action revolver work?
« on: March 06, 2022, 12:29:31 PM »
Anybody ever have any custom single action revolver work done?
I'm contemplating getting a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt and having some custom work done on it. Nothing overly fancy. No engraving but basic action/accuracy work and refinish with color case frame and proper bluing with some fancy grips.
Any suggestions for a outfit to do such work?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

tokugawa

• friend
Re: Custom single action revolver work?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 12:53:32 PM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 05:04:31 PM »
I don't know if Cylinder & Slide works on Rugers. If they do, there's nobody better.

Hamilton Bowen

Gary Reeder

I dunno about the color case frame. Ruger frames are fully heat treated, they are not case hardened. Their "color case finish" is just that -- it's a surface applied fake finish. I don't think you can apply a real color case hardened finish to a hardened frame without destroying the hardened properties of the steel.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 09:09:28 PM »
I don't know if Cylinder & Slide works on Rugers. If they do, t

I've got a Diamondback and PPK they've worked over.  Can't say enough good things.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.