Author Topic: There are a large numbers of interstate shootings going on in New Orleans  (Read 1197 times)

Pb

• friend
There were sixty shootings on interstates around New Orleans last summer.  It isn't getting much attention attention.  I wonder how many perps are involved?

https://www.hammondstar.com/news/new-orleans-serial-shootings-unsolved-unhindered/article_7a0cc4ea-6439-5749-8fc3-9a5db6bebe9e.html

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Reading the article, sounds like several different MO's, indicating it could be more than one actor/party.

There are pull-up/drive-by's that strike vehicles and occupants laterally and tend to have less lethality, and there are precision engagements from front or rear that sound like mid-to-long range rifle work.

I rather doubt someone with the skill and patience to perform the longer range rifle work would be willing to risk exposure with the tactics chosen by the amateur hour drive-by's.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Pb

• friend
They haven't apparently caught anyone yet...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
They haven't apparently caught anyone yet...

In today's "Catch and Release" law enforcement model it hardy seems to matter anymore if they do or not.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Chicago expressways are having a lot of shootings also, particularly the Eisenhower and Dan Ryan/Bishop Ford stretches. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Any commonality to the victims yet?

Although I can imagine victim-sets where the "woke" institutions would tend to hide that fact and let it remain as "random."

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
Any commonality to the victims yet?

Although I can imagine victim-sets where the "woke" institutions would tend to hide that fact and let it remain as "random."

In Chicago it's almost always black on black shootings, including the expressway shootings. Occasionally the victims are another race/ethnicity.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Here in St. Louis, it has mostly been drug wars - they're mobile now.
Blog under construction

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
This was happening in Atlanta last year while was in n. Georgia.  I  avoided Atlanta while heading back home and I Will not be driving near Atlanta this year either, if I go.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
The journalist seems fixated on the idea of snipers...

What happens is that Sumdood sees a car that he thinks belongs to Othadood, and lights it up. Simple as that... Or could be gang initiations, or could just be the misunderstood youts going out and playing Grand Theft Auto and Shoot A Lot.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
We've had quite a few in Louisville. The media hardly even mentions them any more but they can be found on police scanner pages.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
The journalist seems fixated on the idea of snipers...

What happens is that Sumdood sees a car that he thinks belongs to Othadood, and lights it up. Simple as that... Or could be gang initiations, or could just be the misunderstood youts going out and playing Grand Theft Auto and Shoot A Lot.
I was getting fixated on the sniper shooting also.  It is easy to relate to a threat I have the potential to see coming.  Someone randomly shooting into your windshield from a distance is a bit scary. 

If it was known there were random shooters sniping at people on the interstate in certain areas, that would really put a damper on travel and shipping. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The only change I would make to that would be to retitle it Mr. Brandon's Neighborhood.

Still pretty damned perfect, though.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
How are we defining "sniper" and "distance".  Anything more than a couple hundred yards shooting at a target doing 60mph would be an kinda impressive shot.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
I haven't seen a breakdown of vehicle to vehicle shootings vs "sniper" shootings in the news. Generally it's not even addressed. The impression I'm always left with is that these are vehicle to vehicle shootings. The media wouldn't miss the chance to talk about snipers would they?

WLJ

• friends
Are the snipers holding the rifle sideways while making pushing motions with it? Would explain why they're not hitting anything.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
Had a customer come in yesterday, and tell me that she needed a headlight, and ask if I could install it.

The advice I gave her, doubtless bad, was "You're gonna need to buy a new assembly, and have your mechanic put it in, because someone shot that." No, I didn't trace the bullet's path, because the car was obviously able to drive up like that, so maybe it just hit something that didn't really matter all that much, and stopped.

I no longer really remark on automotive bullet holes.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
The only change I would make to that would be to retitle it Mr. Brandon's Neighborhood.

Still pretty damned perfect, though.

First found that right after the election so it was made before the Brandon thing started.
I've had it sitting in my photo bucket ever since waiting for the right occasion to use it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
dogmush:

"
How are we defining 'sniper' and 'distance'.  Anything more than a couple hundred yards shooting at a target doing 60mph would be a kinda impressive shot.
"
 Agreed, but how many shots were taken before one actually connected and was therefore reported?

Bogie:

"I no longer really remark on automotive bullet holes."

That many?  Holy cow.  Remind me to stay out of MO.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
dogmush:

"
How are we defining "sniper" and "distance".  Anything more than a couple hundred yards shooting at a target doing 60mph would be an kinda impressive shot.
"
 Agreed, but how many shots were taken before one actually connected and was therefore reported?

Someone could empty a magazine at a busy highway and even without aiming a few are probably going to connect
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
As far as the media is concerned any rifle with a scope is automatically a sniper rifle and anyone using a scoped rifle is automatically a sniper.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Someone could empty a magazine at a busy highway and even without aiming a few are probably going to connect
Or none will connect. 

IMO, there are probably a few different people or groups doing shootings.  I got the impression the sniper shot was not really related to the drive by shootings, but I may have misread it.  It could be that driver just didn't notice the other vehicle or was unluckily down range of another shooting. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
Or none will connect. 

IMO, there are probably a few different people or groups doing shootings.  I got the impression the sniper shot was not really related to the drive by shootings, but I may have misread it.  It could be that driver just didn't notice the other vehicle or was unluckily down range of another shooting.

Or none.
- Calvin and Hobbes