Author Topic: There are a large numbers of interstate shootings going on in New Orleans  (Read 1196 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Bogie:

"I no longer really remark on automotive bullet holes."

That many?  Holy cow.  Remind me to stay out of MO.

If you are transiting from east/west or west/east, take I-64 through. Don't take I-70 (even if you are ON I-70) or the I-270 beltway. Do not go on the north side if you don't have to.
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Ron asked,

"
I haven't seen a breakdown of vehicle to vehicle shootings vs "sniper" shootings in the news. Generally it's not even addressed. The impression I'm always left with is that these are vehicle to vehicle shootings. The media wouldn't miss the chance to talk about snipers would they?
"

As I suggested so daintily above, they would skip that information if there were sub rosa information that the shooters were of the "woke" persuasion.

Editors have a tremendous amount of power as to what  intel you get.

It is so easy to decide that one item of informiton should be used instead of that other item if that "other" item doesn't fit your preconceptions. Even if it's done without conscious intent.

You and I call it lying by omission; they call it column-inch limitations.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Looking at a lot of media these days, I have to say that I don't think that "editors" have a lot to do with it...

I'm guessing interns and entry level folks... Likely sifting through the news services, and surfing. Grab something, crank a quick attention grabber headline, reword a little, and done.

I see a lot of bad grammatical errors, and generalities...
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Editors also do the hiring.

I don't wan to ague the point, probably both factors are involved, but full editors do wield the mighty pens.

Which are also, at least figuratively, used to sign paychecks.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
As far as the media is concerned any rifle with a scope is automatically a sniper rifle and anyone using a scoped rifle is automatically a sniper.

And a white supremacist.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design