Author Topic: Chick-fil-A  (Read 4771 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Chick-fil-A
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2022, 08:39:18 PM »
Culvers has the same clean/attentive vibe, but I've yet to really fall in love with their menu.  It strikes me as very confusing, they can't decide what they want to be.  Seafood, soups, salads, fried fish, chicken, hamburgers, pot roast, steak dinner... it's not quite as over-diverse as Cheesecake Factory, but it's pretty far out there for a fast food joint.

To be honest,  I didn't pay any attention to the menu. I let my nephew direct my ordering. I had a butter burger, fries, one of the best shakes I've ever had, and he and I split an order of curds.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 08:42:04 PM »
I've always loved KFC.

I STILL love KFC, but I've not had it for quite some time.

But the best fried chicken I've ever had was from Mrs. Stamm's Deli in Carlisle, PA, when I was in college there from 83 to 87. Absolutely FANTASTIC fried chicken, head and shoulders better than KFC.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2022, 11:12:05 PM »
Culvers reminds me of Steak'n'Shake, but without the drooling idiot sitting on the curb outside.
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2022, 11:56:13 PM »
The best fried chicken in this area comes from a joint called Mountain Chicken.  They advertise that it's not greasy.  And it's not.  Good stuff, beats KFC, CFA, Popeye's and Bojangles (everybody beats Popeye's and Bojangles).  It even beats the Western Steer buffet in Newton.  They have pretty decent fried chicken, surprisingly for a buffet.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2022, 07:16:04 AM »
I've always said that Roy Rogers, back when it was an independent chain, had the very best fried chicken out of any of the chains, even better than KFC. But, Roy's wasn't nearly as big as KFC so it was harder to get.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2022, 08:44:02 AM »
We had a lot of Roy Rogers outlets around here. Most are now Wendy's.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2022, 04:14:12 PM »
Had CFA for lunch today in MCO.  Still tastes good to me.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2022, 06:40:52 PM »
I made my anti-boycott pilgrimage to CFA today. As always, the food was :meh: but I can tell myself that I've struck a blow against the SJWs. I happened to be wearing my Vietnam Veteran call cap -- three CFA employees thanked me for my service, and one young man reached across the counter to shake my hand. That never happens at McDonald's.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2022, 06:52:25 PM »
My wife and some of her friends love the Southwest salad with grilled chicken.  Also she sometimes stops at CFA in the morning and gets biscuits. 

I like their spicy chicken sandwich, but not enough to wait in the long lines.
"It's good, though..."

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2022, 10:52:02 PM »
I don't miss much about Seattle, but Ezells Chicken was outstanding!

https://ezellschicken.com/

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2022, 07:11:11 AM »
Culvers reminds me of Steak'n'Shake, but without the drooling idiot sitting on the curb outside.

I've not eaten at a Steak'nShake in close to 30 years. I know I enjoyed it, but I don't remember much about it other than it was a tasty burger and good fries.

But what's with the drooling idiot?

You started hanging out in front of a Steak'nShake? :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2022, 07:13:48 AM »
We had a lot of Roy Rogers outlets around here. Most are now Wendy's.

We had several in Central Pennsylvania when I was growing up. It was one of our favorite fast places to eat.

My Mom LOVED their Horsey sauce. I was quite fond of their BBQ sauce, as well.

Hardees finally did them in in Central PA before Hardees finally hit the skids.

Hardees are still around, but are really only a shadow of what they used to be food wise.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2022, 08:51:20 AM »
I've not eaten at a Steak'nShake in close to 30 years. I know I enjoyed it, but I don't remember much about it other than it was a tasty burger and good fries.

Love their burgers and milk shakes banana especially. The fries? Oh heck no, can't stand shoestring fries. I like my fries thick. I always sub onion rings for the fries there.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2022, 09:44:33 AM »
Generally I agree with you on shoestring fries.

But, the crispier they are, the better shoestrings are. And the ones I had at SnS were EXTRA crispy.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2022, 07:46:57 AM »
Related:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/a-chick-fil-a-california-public-nuisance-city-council

I was still living there when that one opened. All the cool kids protested the homophobic Jesus chicken (if you are unfamiliar, Santa Barbara is similar to Berkeley in their liberalism), but it ended up being busier than the In-N-Out up the street because of regular Joes going there.

This is also partly the City Council's fault because at the time, they only approved a crappy location for CFA in hopes they wouldn't be in business very long.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2022, 07:48:46 AM »
I like the crucifix fries...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2022, 07:58:39 AM »
Related:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/a-chick-fil-a-california-public-nuisance-city-council

I was still living there when that one opened. All the cool kids protested the homophobic Jesus chicken (if you are unfamiliar, Santa Barbara is similar to Berkeley in their liberalism), but it ended up being busier than the In-N-Out up the street because of regular Joes going there.

This is also partly the City Council's fault because at the time, they only approved a crappy location for CFA in hopes they wouldn't be in business very long.

Kind of surprised that the city isn't pursuing an immediate business cessation order.

"but it ended up being busier than the In-N-Out up the street because of regular Joes going there."

I remember reading about some of the battles that went on over CFAs in various locations here on the east coast.

There was one that the the SJWs couldn't stop from going in very close to a university campus (they had kept it from going in ON university property, IIRC), so one interview with the protest chief (or whatever he/she/it was) has him claiming that they're going to boycott that CFA so hard that it will shut down for lack of business in a matter of weeks.

Some months later they circle back to see how things are going. That CFA is now one of the busiest in the country and is doing incredibly well, and the SJW protest chief's rage is just incandescent to the point where the entire article was glowing red hot he/she/it was so pissed.

It was a great read. :rofl:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2022, 08:12:35 AM »
Related:

The city council had better have a long talk with their attorneys. If the business met all the regulations and any requirements placed on it by the council or the zoning board or whoever had to approve it, the business is not legally at fault for the poor planning on the part of the municipality. If the city tries to shut them down, they could end up paying the franchisee beaucoup bucks.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2022, 09:09:29 AM »
"If the city tries to shut them down, they could end up paying the franchisee beaucoup bucks."

That's why I'm hoping that the city tries to shut them down on public nuisance grounds...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2022, 09:14:33 AM »
Now I want CFA
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2022, 11:43:16 AM »
I think the city is just trying to appear doing something to keep the libs happy while still getting those tax dollars.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2022, 11:49:44 AM »
I think the city is just trying to appear doing something to keep the libs happy while still getting those tax dollars.

This is Santa Barbara. The city council are the biggest libs of all. Especially the current one.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2022, 12:51:28 PM »
The obvious solution to ease the congestion is to open a second CFA location on the other side of town.  That will split the crowd between two locations.

Problem solved.  Problem staying solved.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2022, 01:19:32 PM »
The obvious solution to ease the congestion is to open a second CFA location on the other side of town.  That will split the crowd between two locations.

Problem solved.  Problem staying solved.

No second CFA will ever be approved there. The current local strategy is trying to get all fast food out of the city. Unless it changed since I moved, no new restaurants can have a drive thru.

The only reason the In-N-Out got there is because they took the gamble of locating to an (at the time) unincorporated area between Santa Barbara and Goleta so only needed county approval. They have a really long drive thru that still sometimes makes it out to the street. I think the only time I ever waited in line less than 20min was if I got there right at 1100. All those idling cars drive the enviros crazy, yet even in uber-liberal SB, everybody drives there (and CFA).

Bonus points to In-N-Out because their location was annexed into Goleta, not Santa Barbara, so SB gets none of those tax dollars.  =)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2022, 04:06:44 PM »

That is where we ate breakfast before the Indianapolis NRA show.  They had a decent eggs/bacon/hash browns plate.  I think we skipped lunch.  Beat the normal fast food places.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge