Author Topic: 737 down  (Read 2376 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: 737 down
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2022, 10:46:03 AM »
Voice recorder in DC

U.S. NTSB helps China download voice record of crashed Boeing jet
https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/us-ntsb-team-departs-china-take-part-boeing-crash-probe-2022-04-01/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »
Hmmm ...

Information about the crash must be released in an open, timely and transparent manner, state media said in a report on the meeting of the seven-person Standing Committee of the Communist Party's politburo, China's top leadership.

Why is it that whenever I hear or see a statement such as this, my immediate thought is that the real intent is anything BUT transparency?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2022, 12:14:22 PM »
Information about the crash must be released in an open, timely and transparent manner, state media said in a report on the meeting of the seven-person Standing Committee of the Communist Party's politburo, China's top leadership.

We must first fix the blame before we can fix the problem.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2022, 09:04:04 AM »
So is crashing now classified as a feature or a bug for this particular boeing contraption?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2022, 12:31:48 PM »
So is crashing now classified as a feature or a bug for this particular boeing contraption?

Which Boeing contraption? This crash involved a 737-800. The model with the MCAS system that caused the two major crashes a couple of years ago was the 737 Max.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2022, 08:56:29 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2022, 09:11:48 PM »
The plane that crashes while the spy who compromised an American politician is on board just might have been intentional?  No way!  ;/  I'm like super shocked.

Wait, what?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2022, 01:03:49 AM »
Wait, what?

Fang-fang was a passenger on that 737 that just went straight down in bumfuk china.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2022, 02:13:25 AM »
Fang-fang was a passenger on that 737 that just went straight down in bumfuk china.

The one that Swalwell was banging?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2022, 03:50:14 AM »
The one that Swalwell was banging?

That's the one.

Guess it doesn't pay to be a failed and famous spy for the CCP.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2022, 08:10:21 AM »
Makes sense now….

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2022, 08:44:59 AM »
That's the one.

Guess it doesn't pay to be a failed and famous spy for the CCP.
Fang Fang was on the plane? Really? Hmmmm . . .

Well, even though it seems there are easier ways of doing things (e.g., car accident, a fall in the shower, Covid complications, etc.) I would NOT put it past the CCP to kill a planeload of people to eliminate a failed spy - remember this is still basically the SAME government which under Mao murdered more people than Hitler and Stalin combined.

And of course, they gave the world Covid.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2022, 08:54:36 AM »
There is talk that this is actually a different Fang Fang - the CEO of some Chinese company. I can't find any concrete evidence either way.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2022, 09:20:01 AM »
99.999% chance a different Fang Fang

Dinglong Culture, a Guangzhou company in both mining and TV and movie production, said in a statement to the Shenzhen stock exchange that its CFO, Fang Fang, was a passenger. Zhongxinghua, an accounting firm used by Dinglong, said that two of its employees were also on the flight.
https://wtmj.com/national/2022/03/22/wallets-ids-but-no-survivors-found-in-china-eastern-crash/
By Monday afternoon, the identity of one of the passengers missing, and most likely dead, emerged: Fang Fang, the chief financial officer of Dinglong Culture, a mining and resources company in Yunnan Province, where the flight began. Her company said that she was on the flight, but denied rumors that six other company managers were also on it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/22/world/asia/china-eastern-boeing-crash.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2022, 11:26:07 AM »
They could say anyone was on that plane. At the speed it hit the ground it would require DNA analysis of every piece of tissue to identify the remains. I don't see the Chinese government doing that but I could be wrong.

Pictures show that the crash left a 65-foot-deep crater in a mountainside, shattered the plane and set off a fire in the surrounding forest.

More than 49,000 pieces of plane debris were found. It took two days to find the cockpit voice recorder and six days for the flight data recorder, which was buried 5 feet underground.

They always talk about how many pieces of plane they find but never mention the devastation it causes to bodies. I guess it gets too gruesome for some.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10826335/Chinese-plane-crash-caused-intentionally-cockpit-black-box-suggests.html

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2022, 12:18:38 PM »
If they were trying to cover up she was on the plane I doubt they would have released her name and then try to pass her off as a different person with the same name.
Besides people disappear in China all the time and for the most part the locals have learn long ago not to go looking. No need to crash a plane load of people.
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2022, 02:38:35 PM »
*shrug* Can never tell with the pathological liars (communists).  It was mentioned it was the spy FF in the days after the crash.  I'm only now hearing it was a different CFO FF.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2022, 02:54:04 PM »
*shrug* Can never tell with the pathological liars (communists).  It was mentioned it was the spy FF in the days after the crash.  I'm only now hearing it was a different CFO FF.

Probably someone saw the name Fang-Fang on the passenger list and automatically assumed it was her since she is probably the only Fang-Fang they ever heard of.
I mean if someone named Joe Biden was reported dead I'm sure some would automatically jump on it as THE Joe Biden I'm sure there's more than one Joe Biden running around. Fang is not a rare name in China
I'm not saying 100% one way or another if it was her not. But why crash an entire airliner just to get her and then just to cover it up when they can just disappear her and almost no one would know or even care?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 03:14:24 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2022, 03:05:46 PM »
Probably someone saw the name Fang-Fang on the passenger list and automatically assumed it was her since she is probably the only Fang-Fang they ever heard of.
I mean if someone named Joe Biden was reported dead I'm sure some would automatically jump on it as THE Joe Biden I'm sure there's more than one Joe Biden running around. Fang is not a rare name in China
I'm not saying 100% one way or another it was or not her. But why crash an entire airliner just to get her and then just to cover it up when they can just disappear her and almost no one would know or even care?

I'm going with this as best probability for true fact.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2022, 09:12:04 AM »
Note the source. They have a habit of sometime full tabloid. Often right but they also far too often run wild with the slightest of evidence.
They're focusing on the co-pilot.

China Eastern Airlines crash: Expert says co-pilot ‘decided to take revenge’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vxq2xuEyCM
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2023, 01:06:34 PM »
Still investigating

China says deadly 2022 plane crash still being investigated
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-11881345/China-says-deadly-2022-plane-crash-investigated.html
- Calvin and Hobbes