Author Topic: "Billionaire Minimum Income Tax"  (Read 749 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Billionaire Minimum Income Tax"
« on: March 27, 2022, 04:48:30 PM »
Biden is unveiling the "Billionaire Minimum Income Tax". To affect anyone worth $100 million or more. Public school math, I guess.

https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2022/03/27/it-is-being-noticed-that-headlines-about-bidens-billionaire-tax-are-inconsistent-with-reported-details-of-the-plan/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: "Billionaire Minimum Income Tax"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 06:46:14 PM »
His proposal includes taxing unrealized gains, such as stock or property that has gone up in value, but hasn't been sold. Lots of unsavory implications there.

Note - when the Federal income tax was first being proposed, it only was to apply to millionaires. And now look at it.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 06:58:55 PM »
His proposal includes taxing unrealized gains, such as stock or property that has gone up in value, but hasn't been sold. Lots of unsavory implications there.

Yup. That there is third world dictator *expletive deleted*it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 09:23:04 PM »
I can real fast see that being applied to all "unrealized capital gains" since only millionaires own stocks.
Of course that would also apply to real estate. House now worth 3-4 times what you paid for it 30 years ago? Unrealized capital gains pay your taxes.
I'm also betting that you won't get any tax credits if your stock portfolio loses money.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2022, 01:03:30 AM »
Gonna suck for folks who have pension plans that have big portfolios. Why do Democrats hate teachers and firemen?
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 02:29:20 AM »
How wrong could he be?

Doesn't he know, like every schoolkid,  that a Hundred Million is a Hillion?

Jeeze Marie !
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:54:37 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 08:19:24 AM »
And those who give big bucks to certain democrat pet orgs, trusts, foundations, collect paintings, or other wise belong to certain "special" political and governmental groups will of course get an exemption
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 09:43:52 AM »
How wrong could he be?

Doesn't he know, like every schoolkid,  that a hundred million is a hillion?

Jeeze Marie !
Only the kids in publik hai skuul.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain