Author Topic: So, a bunch of overly self-important celebrities got together last night...  (Read 5873 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I've seen a couple of videos. Smith made solid contact.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
They'll start blaming it on the pressures of white supremacy soon if they haven't already, do a victory dance, and go home.

Or Trump, same thing

So did like anyone walk out after that happened??? Or are we getting an independent psychological case study on how Trump got normalized?

— Asha Rangappa (@AshaRangappa_) March 28, 2022

CNN analyst Asha Rangappa manages to tie Will Smith smacking Chris Rock at the Oscars to Trump
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/03/28/cnn-analyst-asha-rangappa-manages-to-tie-will-smith-smacking-chris-rock-at-the-oscars-to-trump/

Steve Schmidt says Oscars audience’s reaction to Will Smith slapping Chris Rock can help us ‘understand how Trump happened’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/03/28/steve-schmidt-says-oscars-audiences-reaction-to-will-smith-slapping-chris-rock-can-help-us-understand-how-trump-happened/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"CNN analyst Asha Rangappa..."

She's the stupid (insert obscene descriptive term here) who got all weepy and ragy over that airline pilot who ended his on plane greeting with "Let's Go Brandon."

Basically said he was an ISIS operative.

She got mocked pretty hard for that, too.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
    Chris Rock’s one “joke” was rooted in misogynoir, texturism, & ableism. Degrading a Black woman, in a room full of her peers, on live TV.

The fact ya’ll don’t see that as violent is beyond me.

— Get Her, Jade! (@keatingssixth) March 28, 2022
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Enter the Critical Drinker  :rofl:

Warning NSFW

The Slap Heard Around The World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6fnuhlPQvg
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
I'm just glad we avoided the absolute *expletive deleted*it storm that would have occurred if CR had been white
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I'm just glad we avoided the absolute *expletive deleted*it storm that would have occurred if CR had been white

Or if Will Smith was white, because he'd be going to prison for a long time for girly slapping a black man.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
That too
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical

Absolutely no *expletive deleted*it storm in that case. Striking a blow for justice... of some sort... or something.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
This is nothingburger promoted up the public consciousness by pearl clutching idiots who have internalized that no violence is ever OK.

Huh? It's going to be a full-on breaking news event when a massively famous movie star puts his hands on a famous comedian, on prime time. Not hard news, but it's going to be a big story.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
And that entire family is a bunch of whackos.

Yeah I see that now. Just saw some stuff on his wife and, Wow, what a POS.
What makes this even stranger is he (WS) was laughing at the "joke" until his wife said something to him. He should have slapped her IMHO.
But it is his business how he wants to deal with his wife.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Huh? It's going to be a full-on breaking news event when a massively famous movie star puts his hands on a famous comedian, on prime time. Not hard news, but it's going to be a big story.

It's a nothingburger that's been promoted to somethingburger by a bunch of self-absorbed idiots.

Other than for the amusement value, I'd not have cared if they took after each other with baseball bats.

WLJ

• friends
It's a nothingburger that's been promoted to somethingburger by a bunch of self-absorbed idiots.

Other than for the amusement value, I'd not have cared if they took after each other with baseball bats.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
And the stupidity continues

.@HowardStern Says Will Smith Slapped Chris Rock Because 'Will Smith and Trump Are The Same Guy' https://t.co/TeyFtNZxMp

— Mediaite (@Mediaite) March 28, 2022
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Do they have boom mics pointed around to pick up what people are saying? 

Given the low ratings of most of these award shows, I am skeptical that it was real.  Sounds like something to get the public talking about them....which is appears to be doing. 

Nice to hear that Dune was recognized.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
Do they have boom mics pointed around to pick up what people are saying? 

Given the low ratings of most of these award shows, I am skeptical that it was real.  Sounds like something to get the public talking about them....which is appears to be doing. 

You're not the only one.

Proof The Will Smith Slap Of Chris Rock Was Fake? People Are CERTAIN It's Fake!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-mWndY1zhw

I'm on the fence
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
You're not the only one.

Proof The Will Smith Slap Of Chris Rock Was Fake? People Are CERTAIN It's Fake!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-mWndY1zhw

I'm on the fence
Smith seemed pretty emotional later so maybe not.  I am surprised Chris Rock acted like it was not a big deal.  I would have expected him to start giving Will Smith crap rather than his wife.

Hasn't Jada Smith had short hair for a long time?  I guess I didn't think she looked substantially different.  What you are used to I guess.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
Talk of taking WS's Oscar away

GOING GOING GONG? Furious Oscars bosses hold secret crisis talks over stripping Will Smith of Best Actor gong after Chris Rock slap
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4993390/will-smith-oscars-chris-rock-punch-best-actor/

Could Will Smith lose his Oscar? Explaining the Academy’s code of conduct
https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/could-will-smith-lose-his-oscar-over-chris-rock-slap/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
If there is going to be more celebrities slapping celebrities I might have to start watching.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
"How to not get your ass kicked by Will Smith".

You win today's Innernet.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
The Will Smith Incident diverted our attention from wondering which of the many women's boobs were finally going to escape from the dress.  Some of them came close a few times.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
The Will Smith Incident diverted our attention from wondering which of the many women's boobs were finally going to escape from the dress.  Some of them came close a few times.

But were they really women?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

HankB

• friend
But were they really women?
Or even womyn?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes