Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 48282 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #625 on: November 07, 2022, 06:16:33 PM »
People are coming out confirming it

Elon Musk Just Revealed Massive Corruption At Twitter!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o24ZCQ_TdDw

:rofl:

One of my favorite 1980s movies!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #626 on: November 08, 2022, 07:44:30 AM »
But but the left he would kill it.

Twitter’s daily user growth hit “all-time highs” during the first full week of Elon Musk owning the platform, according to a company document obtained by The Verge.

Since Musk’s dramatic takeover, Twitter’s monetizable daily user (mDAU) growth has accelerated to more than 20 percent, while “Twitter’s largest market, the US, is growing even more quickly,” according to an internal FAQ obtained by The Verge that was shared with Twitter’s sales team on Monday to use in conversations with advertisers. Per the FAQ, Twitter has added more than 15 million mDAUs, “crossing the quarter billion mark” since the end of the second quarter, when it stopped reporting financials as a public company.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/11/08/twitter-user-growth-hits-record-high-in-first-week-under-elon-musk-so-haters-take-the-l/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #627 on: November 09, 2022, 11:36:59 AM »
No surprise here, but worth noting:

https://twitter.com/monitoringbias/status/1589976029187244033

98.7% of Twitter employee donations to political candidates in the 2018 mid-term elections were to the Democratic Party.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #628 on: November 09, 2022, 10:52:32 PM »
There was an article I read a day or two ago where Valerie Bertinelli had taken over Musk's twit feed as well and posted a few tweets like Griffin did.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #629 on: November 10, 2022, 12:33:02 AM »
There was an article I read a day or two ago where Valerie Bertinelli had taken over Musk's twit feed as well and posted a few tweets like Griffin did.

Nobody hacked his account. They just changed profile pictures, and things like that, and tweeted as if they were him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #630 on: November 10, 2022, 06:01:55 AM »
Uhm... did someone ask, and President Alzheimer's, really respond, that Elon Musk might be a threat to national security because of his ownership of Twitter?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #631 on: November 10, 2022, 09:39:35 AM »
Nobody hacked his account. They just changed profile pictures, and things like that, and tweeted as if they were him.

Then cry like a baby when they get suspended/banned
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #632 on: November 10, 2022, 09:55:32 AM »
AOC is upset mere commoners can get a bluecheck

Oh, and of course it will negatively impact women and others (You know she means POC) the most

If so, it definitely seems like a tool that’s ripe for targeted harassment, especially of women + others on this platform

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) November 9, 2022

Get over yourself. Elon won’t date you

— Reaganette (@Ezinger44) November 9, 2022

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/11/10/public-servant-aoc-is-very-very-upset-the-unwashed-masses-can-now-access-a-blue-check-on-twitter/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #633 on: November 10, 2022, 12:01:22 PM »
AOC is upset mere commoners can get a bluecheck

She's probably one of those fools who paid 15 grand for one.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #634 on: November 10, 2022, 12:31:03 PM »
So is there a new verification system/symbol separate from the $8 blue check mark? They are going to need to verify people anyway if they are removing impersonations, otherwise how do you know who to remove?
far from altering or fixing what he perceived to be the problem — namely, that the blue-check system had drifted from its original purpose and become a capriciously awarded and maintained status symbol — Musk has now reinforced it. It made no sense, on pre-Musk Twitter, to hand verification symbols only to prominent people of whom Twitter’s owners approved. And it makes no sense, on Musk’s Twitter, to hand verification symbols to people who haven’t actually been verified. That’s not a fix, it’s revenge, and, while it may feel good in the moment, it is probably not going to help Musk achieve the lofty and admirable goals that he talked about before he was handed the keys to the kingdom.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #635 on: November 10, 2022, 04:24:17 PM »

Unpossible. I'm certain I remember AOC complaining that she couldn't possibly survive on the salary the government (meaning us, in this context) pays congresscritters.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #636 on: November 10, 2022, 05:16:11 PM »

Wouldn't the "Justice Democrats" have taken care of that for her?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #637 on: November 11, 2022, 06:06:34 PM »

But you better hurry "Pretty soon, $8 will be $4 and then you'll have to pay $16"

Sponsor A Liberal For Just $8 A Month
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoG3e7MI34Q
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #638 on: November 14, 2022, 12:34:11 PM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #639 on: November 14, 2022, 01:09:15 PM »
So, Elon Musk cuts staff at Twitter, and people lose their minds, that it's the most horrible Fascist thing ever to happen in a world of cis normal fascists, and it's the new American holocaust.

Amazon and Facebook cut staff, and virtually no one utters a word.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #640 on: November 14, 2022, 02:40:27 PM »
Amazon and Facebook cut staff, and virtually no one utters a word.

Exactly. Amazon is firing 10,000 people as we speak.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/amazon-plans-lay-off-employees-report
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #641 on: November 14, 2022, 03:18:08 PM »
They're just trying to break the unemployment insurance bank.

Which will be bailed out by the overall government printing more paper scrip.

Which will be paid for by our grandchildren.

Trouble is, we ourselves are already the grandchildren from thirty and more years ago, and we're paying through the nose for that.

We'd better get busy making more grandchildren.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 07:59:23 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #642 on: November 15, 2022, 04:22:12 PM »
Hey man, can someone explain in boomer language what this whole Ligma and Johnson thing is? I am apparently missing a cultural reference that started when they were fired. If they are indeed real people who were really fired.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/15/good-to-his-word-elon-musk-welcomes-back-ligma-and-johnson-to-twitter/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #643 on: November 15, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »
Former Twitter Employee Can't Seem To Find Meditation Room At New Taco Bell Job
https://babylonbee.com/news/former-twitter-employee-cant-seem-to-find-meditation-room-at-new-taco-bell-job
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #644 on: November 15, 2022, 05:12:44 PM »
Hey man, can someone explain in boomer language what this whole Ligma and Johnson thing is? I am apparently missing a cultural reference that started when they were fired. If they are indeed real people who were really fired.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/15/good-to-his-word-elon-musk-welcomes-back-ligma-and-johnson-to-twitter/

They were never Twitter employees; just pretending to be fired for the lulz.

Also, "Ligma" sounds like "lick my;" and "Johnson" sounds like "Johnson."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #645 on: November 15, 2022, 07:25:07 PM »
Musk is going to start WW-III because......something
I have a headache now

I feel totally reassured that there's a major international crisis in Poland that could lead to a world War and Twitter is being run by manbaby who fired all of the execs and engineers who fight disinformation.

— Alejandra Caraballo (@Esqueer_) November 15, 2022
    I'm sure everything would be fine if a paid verified impersonated account of the NATO Secretary General declared in a tweet that Article V had been invoked and counter strikes were imminent. Not like the risk of miscalculation isn't nuclear war or anything.

— Alejandra Caraballo (@Esqueer_) November 15, 2022

What if a Twitter impersonator with a blue check starts World War III with Russia?
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/15/what-if-a-twitter-impersonator-with-a-blue-check-starts-world-war-iii-with-russia/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #646 on: November 15, 2022, 08:52:52 PM »
Musk is going to start WW-III because......something
I have a headache now

What if a Twitter impersonator with a blue check starts World War III with Russia?
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/11/15/what-if-a-twitter-impersonator-with-a-blue-check-starts-world-war-iii-with-russia/

What if some actor became president, and announced on a hot mic that the bombings were about to commence?!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #647 on: November 15, 2022, 11:48:20 PM »
Hold the phone

Welcoming back Ligma & Johnson!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1592618665933156352

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
8h
Replying to
@elonmusk
Important to admit when I’m wrong & firing them was truly one of my biggest mistakes
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #648 on: November 16, 2022, 10:04:44 AM »
Who are Ligma & Johnson?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #649 on: November 16, 2022, 10:18:49 AM »
Who are Ligma & Johnson?

Read further down at the link https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586108809772089345
Musk bad mouth them after firing them a couple of weeks ago and now he's like "my bad", welcome back!
- Calvin and Hobbes