Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 46618 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #850 on: December 16, 2022, 07:34:37 AM »
Elon does seem to be going overboard on the suspensions.

If you see the names of the reporters he has suspended and what they and their colleagues are saying about it, you'll note it's the same terminology used by conservative journalists when they were suspended by old twitter. The response of the currently suspended reporters when the conservatives were suspended was, "Twitter is a private company and can do what it wants."

At this point, I'm kinda hoping it's just a ruse to highlight the hypocrisy of these guys, and he'll quickly reinstate most of them (Olberman could be permabanned for all I care) with a, "How does it feel with the shoe on the other foot". Otherwise this is looking like Elon is being a bit irrational or is not admitting an algorithm error. JMO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #851 on: December 16, 2022, 07:53:14 AM »
Another possibility is Elon is more committed to the culture war than we thought.  It's certainly been mentioned here several times over the years that we need to stop playing by old rules when no one else is playing by them, most especially the enemy.

Elon might have the philosophy that once you come out as his enemy, he will treat you as such.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #852 on: December 16, 2022, 09:10:34 AM »
These journalists apparently weren't banned by an algorithm. They all wrote about Musk's ban of the Musk airplane tracker kid, and Musk's position is that by providing a link to a site that provides real-time data on his location they "doxxed" him, thus violating Twitter's [new?] no doxxing rule.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #853 on: December 16, 2022, 09:43:25 AM »
    .@TaylorLorenz just scrubbed her entire Twitter account

— Libs of TikTok (@libsoftiktok) December 16, 2022

Taylor Lorenz scrubs her Twitter account after getting caught in SO many lies (and doxxes?) and LMAO
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/12/16/taylor-lorenz-scrubs-her-twitter-account-after-getting-caught-in-so-many-lies-and-doxxes-and-lmao/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #854 on: December 16, 2022, 10:48:58 AM »

Elon might have the philosophy that once you come out as his enemy, he will treat you as such.

Imagine that.

Wouldn't it be nice if Republican pols at the federal level would do this... along with treating their voters as their friends, not as moronic cattle?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #855 on: December 16, 2022, 12:33:35 PM »
Do you believe the more pronounced and partisan censorship of pre-Musk Twitter was preferable?
No, less partisan censorship is preferable.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #856 on: December 16, 2022, 12:49:56 PM »
I was unaware of this flight privacy PIA thing with the FAA. I think it does add a new variable to the conversation, since if this is accurate, it's no longer an "anyone can track his flight" thing.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/12/16/wapos-philip-bump-explains-why-id-ing-the-location-of-musks-plane-is-no-big-deal/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #857 on: December 16, 2022, 03:02:29 PM »
Hey man, where were the UN and the EU when the other guys were in charge of twitter?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/12/16/christina-pushaw-explains-what-the-u-n-alarm-about-twitters-journo-suspensions-is-really-about/

I will give credit to several European leaders speaking out when Trump was banned, but that was individual countries. Also,  I'm sure, some enlightened self-interest, since they saw that if the President of the freakin' United States could be banned, that they could be next.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #858 on: December 16, 2022, 04:20:23 PM »
Elon should contract someone to live tweet the location of the transportation of every leader of every country that signed on to those condemnations.

There's  lots of folks in the world with enemies that don't need their location blasted across the net in real time.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #859 on: December 16, 2022, 04:22:25 PM »
Imagine that.

Wouldn't it be nice if Republican pols at the federal level would do this... along with treating their voters as their friends, not as moronic cattle?

But most voters ARE moronic cattle, so they get away with it.

Milgram. 55% of people will do whatever they're told to do by an authority figure.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #860 on: December 16, 2022, 05:08:31 PM »
More file releases regarding the FBI.

6. But a surprisingly high number are requests by the FBI for Twitter to take action on election misinformation, even involving joke tweets from low-follower accounts.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/12/16/new-twitterfiles-thread-from-matt-taibbi-drops-twitter-the-fbi-subsidiary/

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #861 on: December 16, 2022, 05:31:55 PM »
I hope musk buys the FBI next.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #862 on: December 16, 2022, 06:17:38 PM »
I hope musk buys the FBI next.

The Democrats already did.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #863 on: December 17, 2022, 08:35:40 PM »
Wonder why Wikipedia felt the need to put this on the main page?  :rofl:

"Wikipedia is not for sale"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #864 on: December 18, 2022, 11:26:20 AM »
I think Keith Olbermann is going to have a stroke soon.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/12/18/woof-elon-musk-mocks-keith-olbermann-evading-suspension-using-a-dog-account-and-keith-cant-deal/

I like the comment about, "If it's a dog rescue account, use it to rescue dogs, not to cry."  :laugh:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #865 on: December 18, 2022, 10:41:01 PM »
    Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll.

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 18, 2022

Can’t wait for Elon to lose this poll then appoint Donald Trump Twitter CEO.

— Catturd â„¢ (@catturd2) December 18, 2022

All of the liberals are retweeting the poll and the “journalists” are writing articles breathlessly right now.

“This is our chance to get rid of Elon !!”

Not realizing this is exactly what Elon wants. He already has his CEO selected and is just creating news and engagement.

— Wall Street Silver (@WallStreetSilv) December 18, 2022

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2022/12/18/the-end-is-near-elon-musk-asks-if-he-should-step-down-as-head-of-twitter-in-latest-poll/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #866 on: December 19, 2022, 07:50:31 AM »
Well, Musk is out at Twitter.

He claims that he didn't already have a new CEO standing by, but I can't believe that there is no method to his madness here. There has to be an Elon bomb that will drop.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/elon-musk-twitter-poll-users-say-should-step-down-ceo

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #867 on: December 19, 2022, 09:00:55 AM »
I highly suspect this was his plan.
He'll still be the owner and meanwhile many libs are acting like Twitter will be back to being the bastion of Free, One-sided, Speech by mid afternoon.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #868 on: December 19, 2022, 09:03:41 AM »
I highly suspect this was his plan.

Agree. With all the other stuff he has going on, "twitter CEO" was never gonna be a long term thing.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #869 on: December 19, 2022, 09:09:56 AM »
He'll still be the owner...

In the liberal business mind, incidentals like ownership are irrelevant.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #870 on: December 19, 2022, 09:13:01 AM »
In the liberal business mind, incidentals like ownership are irrelevant.

Brad

Only when they're not the owner.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #871 on: December 19, 2022, 05:31:06 PM »
"Thursday Night Massacre" is now a wikipedia entry. Which is just one more reason to not trust wikipedia for pretty much anything.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/19/wikipedia-redirects-thursday-night-massacre-to-elon-musks-suspension-of-nine-journalists/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #872 on: December 19, 2022, 06:55:02 PM »
Journalists Warn Of Frightening Trend Where Rules Apply To Them
https://babylonbee.com/news/journalists-warn-of-frightening-trend-where-rules-apply-to-them
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #873 on: December 19, 2022, 06:55:50 PM »
Elon To Stay As Twitter CEO After Counting Mail-In Votes
https://babylonbee.com/news/elon-to-stay-as-twitter-ceo-after-counting-mail-in-votes
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?