Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 47499 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #900 on: April 11, 2023, 12:55:31 PM »
Pretty much everyone who wrote the Twitter Files has parted ways with Elon.

From Alex Berenson:
On Thursday, he picked a fight with Substack, a company one-one-thousandth Twitter’s size. Then he doubled down by attacking Matt Taibbi, a veteran investigative reporter who has done months of work at Musk’s invitation on the Twitter Files, the effort to open Twitter’s archives to examine how governments, non-profits, and companies tried to force Twitter to censor tweets and ban users.

In 48 hours, Musk has burned up what’s left of his credibility as a free speech champion. And he’s ensured the mainstream media will forever treat the Twitter Files – a key reason he bought Twitter – as a joke.
If Musk has a long-term or even short-term plan for Twitter, that plan is not evident. He is simply flailing from crisis to crisis.

He apparently shadowbanned Taibbi.  :facepalm:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #901 on: April 11, 2023, 01:39:13 PM »
Yeah, Elon is not the champion of free speech on social media he pretends to be.

I have noted your newfound interest in the subject, though. Welcome to the party.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #902 on: April 12, 2023, 08:27:56 AM »
Elon:  BBC is stated funded media.

BBC:  No we're not!!

Elon: Well why don't you come on my Twitter Space and we'll talk about content moderation.

BBC:  Well this seems like a good idea and totally not a trap, let's send someone.

The Trap:  https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1646025652347506688?s=20

My personal favorite part of that clip is BBC hack saying "This is not an interview about the BBC" and Elon saying "Oh, you thought it wasn't?"   =D =D

Elon is not a perfect guy by any means, but the level of schadenfreude I get from watching the self proclaimed gatekeepers of public discourse have their control stripped away by his whims allows me to overlook a lot of ideological differences I might have with Elon.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #903 on: April 12, 2023, 08:34:06 AM »
Yeah, Elon is not the champion of free speech on social media he pretends to be.

I have noted your newfound interest in the subject, though. Welcome to the party.

There's going to be some missteps along the way and areas we will disagree on and besides I seriously doubt he's personally micro managing twitter especially with all the activity at SpaceX.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #904 on: April 12, 2023, 09:26:49 AM »
It appears he has cut 80% of twitter staff. I would assume it was mostly non-operational staff. I would also assume most of the other similar companies are just as bloated as twitter was.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/12/tech/elon-musk-bbc-interview-twitter-intl-hnk/index.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #905 on: April 14, 2023, 01:18:10 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #906 on: April 14, 2023, 03:38:52 PM »
I can heard the steam coming out of their ears as I type

Elon Musk slams transgender therapy for minors and says parents or doctors who 'sterilize a child before they are a consenting adult should go to prison for life'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11974075/Elon-Musk-slams-transgender-therapy-minors.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #907 on: April 14, 2023, 04:02:23 PM »
I can heard the steam coming out of their ears as I type

Elon Musk slams transgender therapy for minors and says parents or doctors who 'sterilize a child before they are a consenting adult should go to prison for life'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11974075/Elon-Musk-slams-transgender-therapy-minors.html

When he's right, he's right.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #909 on: April 17, 2023, 06:41:02 AM »
This is my shocked face

Twitter owner and CEO Elon Musk has claimed in a new interview how the U.S. government had complete access to users private messages on Twitter
    Musk stated how he was surprised when he learned of the revelation
    Musk then goes one step further and admits how  government agencies had full access to everything that was happening on Twitter

'Government had full access': Elon Musk makes bombshell claim that US govt could access Twitter users' private messages
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11980025/Elon-Musk-claims-Government-access-private-Twitter-DMs.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #910 on: April 17, 2023, 11:52:14 AM »
More Elon

Pronouns are virtue-signaling, so inevitably, as with all virtue-signaling, they will be used as a shield by bad humans

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 16, 2023
    In any event, good manners require using the person’s name, not their pronoun, when referring to them

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 16, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/17/boomity-elon-musk-calls-pronouns-out-for-the-virtue-signaling-bad-human-shields-they-really-are/

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #911 on: April 17, 2023, 11:53:45 AM »
Welcome to the extreme radical fascist MAGA far right Mr. Musk.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #912 on: April 17, 2023, 11:55:17 AM »
I saw Tucker Carlson is doing an interview with him tonight. I'm DVRing it - it should be good.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #913 on: April 17, 2023, 12:03:04 PM »
Someone came unprepared and got their arse handed to them because of it.

As they discussed looming layoffs and the “painful” journey Musk, 51, has gone through following his Twitter acquisition last year, BBC reporter James Clayton decided to confront the Tesla founder about allegations that he does not have enough staff to police hate speech on Twitter.

“What hate speech are you talking about?” Musk asked. “I mean, you use Twitter. Do you see a rise in hate speech? Just a personal anecdote? I don’t.”

When Clayton answered that he did personally see more hate speech on Twitter, Musk challenged him to name just one example, but the reporter could not come up with one.

“Honestly, I don’t … I don’t actually use that feed anymore because I just don’t particularly like it,” Clayton said of Twitter’s “For You” feature. ” And actually a lot of people are quite similar. I only look at my followers.”

Musk replied: “I’m asking for one example and you can’t give a single one. Then I say, sir, that you don’t know what you are talking about.”

“You cannot give me a single example of hateful content, not even one tweet. And yet you claimed that hateful content was high. That is false, you just lied.
https://nypost.com/2023/04/12/elon-musk-slams-bbc-reporter-in-tense-interview/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #914 on: April 17, 2023, 12:17:34 PM »

And to prove him right

‘Sounds Just Like Trump’: Elon Musk Blasted for Tweeting Demonstrably False Meme Supporting Conservatives
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2022/04/sounds-just-like-trump-elon-musk-blasted-for-tweeting-demonstrably-false-meme-supporting-conservatives/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #915 on: April 17, 2023, 08:42:09 PM »
The interview with Tucker Carlson is very interesting. Various governments have had access to people's DMs, which (I assume as I'm not on twitter) are supposed to be private. Elon said that he's implementing encryption now.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #916 on: April 18, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
The interview with Tucker Carlson is very interesting. Various governments have had access to people's DMs, which (I assume as I'm not on twitter) are supposed to be private. Elon said that he's implementing encryption now.

Do you mean various governments of other nations, including the US?  Or various US government agencies?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #917 on: April 18, 2023, 08:59:52 AM »
Do you mean various governments of other nations, including the US?  Or various US government agencies?

Yeah, sorry, the latter. I didn't have anything to drink yesterday, but I still apparently drunk typed.

There's going to be a part 2 tonight.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #918 on: April 18, 2023, 09:05:54 AM »
Late night Elon tweets are the best Elon tweets

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #919 on: April 18, 2023, 09:31:44 AM »

And to prove him right

‘Sounds Just Like Trump’: Elon Musk Blasted for Tweeting Demonstrably False Meme Supporting Conservatives
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2022/04/sounds-just-like-trump-elon-musk-blasted-for-tweeting-demonstrably-false-meme-supporting-conservatives/
Interesting that no where in the article did they list out specific issues where Republicans moved to the right.  That would seem like a simple thing to do. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #920 on: April 18, 2023, 09:34:26 AM »
Interesting that no where in the article did they list out specific issues where Republicans moved to the right.  That would seem like a simple thing to do.

That's because it's not an article.  It's left wing twitchy.  They get lefty rage clicks and sell impressions to advertisers.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #921 on: April 18, 2023, 02:41:51 PM »
First, both US and Canadian public broadcasting quit twitter, and now Musk has revoked the twitter policy regarding banning people who "deadname" trannies. The schadenfreude just keeps on rollin'.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/18/cue-the-meltdown-elon-musk-rolls-back-hateful-twitter-policy-punishing-users-for-misgendering/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #922 on: April 21, 2023, 09:39:19 AM »
    So by revoking my blue check mark because I wouldn’t pay some arbitrary fee, someone can just be me and say a bunch of bullshit. Does that mean Twitter and @elonmusk are liable for defamation or identity theft or fraud?

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) April 20, 2023
    “Someone can just be me and say a bunch of bullshit”

Yes, we wouldn’t know the difference… https://t.co/d2zYB1EygP

— Liam Henry III (@Liam_Henry_III) April 21, 2023

:rofl:

Cope and SEETHE: Alyssa Milano has the biggest most hilarious meltdown OF ALL over losing her blue check
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/21/juuust-point-and-laugh-alyssa-milano-has-the-biggest-meltdown-of-all-over-losing-her-blue-check/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #924 on: April 21, 2023, 05:32:53 PM »
Shibetoshi Nakamoto
@BillyM2k
·
20h
people are literally going to die because some are being taken away. literally. i almost died but then i paid 8 bucks.

Cigs
@UsingCigarettes
·
Apr 20
Elon thinks this is a funny joke. As a former verified account who lost their blue checkmark, I know how dangerous this really is. People are going to die. twitter.com/verified/statu…

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
18h
Subscriber
Replying to
@BillyM2k
Lmaoooo
- Calvin and Hobbes