Author Topic: Roger Waters on Mark Zuckerberg  (Read 794 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Roger Waters on Mark Zuckerberg
« on: June 15, 2021, 09:08:02 AM »
This is pretty funny. Zuckerberg apparently personally asked Roger Waters for the rights to "Another Brick in the Wall", offering him substantial ducats. Here is Waters' reply (language):

https://twitter.com/i/status/1404326042777554947

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/15/roger-waters-reaction-to-mark-zuckerberg-personally-asking-him-to-use-another-brick-in-the-wall-for-instagram-is-all-of-us-watch/

Seems like maybe Zuckerberg doesn't understand the song or understand where he and his kind actually fits in the scheme.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Roger Waters on Mark Zuckerberg
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »
I love it.  Roger Waters standing up to one of the most despicably stupid and dangerous people on the planet.
How can Zuckerberg even think that Water's song would be appropriate to market Instagram?  "Another Brick in the Wall" is a warning against the dangers posed to the young by institutions exactly like Facebook and Instagram.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 09:32:07 AM »
"We don't need no education"...   ;/

a hymn to ignorance. 

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 10:02:56 AM »

a hymn to ignorance.

I've always heard those lyrics as "We don't need no "education"." As in, what public schools are offering is not education, it's control and indoctrination. At least that's what I get out of the song. And from that viewpoint, big tech has become just another brick in the wall of conformity, group-think, and totalitarianism.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 10:03:56 AM »

a hymn to ignorance.

It was more of an attack on the indoctrination that produces really nothing more than mindless minions that education had become. 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 10:41:33 AM »
I sort of looked at it as a nod toward stupid people who think they know everything yet know very little.   Probably different ways to see it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 03:08:46 PM »
The album The Wall was about Roger Waters experiences in his life to that point, and Another Brick In The Wall was definitely about indoctrination in the school system.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 09:52:22 PM »
Roger Waters is a lefty loon, but when he's right, he's right.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2021, 09:52:22 PM »
Roger Walters a huge lefty.  He is a defender of the Venezuelan government, for example.  He's not someone with our best interests at heart.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 08:47:15 PM »
Roger Waters is a lefty loon, but when he's right, he's right.

This.  Waters ain't one of ours, but I approve of him telling Zuckerborg where to go.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2022, 04:23:07 PM »
Sorry about the necro, but...

One of my neighbors, a public school teacher, went to a concert last night. And is waxing poetic about how smart Waters is, and he is hoping all the ticket buyers get out and vote against You Know Who...

I wonder if he thinks that The Wall was a manual?
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2022, 10:08:22 PM »
Roger is also making the Ukrainian underground angry

Roger Waters’ profile on Mirotvorets.
The co-founder of “Pink Floyd” is known for his support of imprisoned Wikileaks’ creator Julian Assange, and for his opposition to imperialism and war, as well as for his awesome music, loved by millions around the world.

Waters recently referred to Joe Biden as a “war criminal” on CNN, and said that Biden is “fueling the fire in Ukraine.”

“This war,” the musician stated, “is basically about the action and reaction of NATO pushing right up to the Russian border, which they promised they wouldn’t do when [Mikhail] Gorbachev negotiated the withdrawal of the USSR from the whole of Eastern Europe.”

https://thegrayzone.com/2022/08/25/roger-waters-ukrainian-govt-hit-list/

Pink Floyd was awesome - they should totally get back together and tour, but they're idiots when it comes to politics .... " a broken clock is right twice a day"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."