Author Topic: Social Security Administration released its first Equity Action Plan  (Read 600 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Are y'all as excited about this as I am?  :old:

Today, the Social Security Administration released its first Equity Action Plan, supporting President Biden’s whole-of-government equity agenda to advance equity, civil rights, racial justice, and equal opportunity for all.

For more information, please visit https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/releases/2022/#4-2022-2

[popcorn]
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Social Security Administration released its first Equity Action Plan
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 10:32:31 AM »
So I can expect my SS to be cut in half so somebody in a popular demographic can get more?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 10:43:29 AM »
So I can expect my SS to be cut in half so somebody in a popular demographic can get more?

Welcome to the new and "improved" equality ie equity 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 10:57:02 AM »

YOU DIDN'T EARN THAT!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 12:25:49 PM »
Am I scared? Damn right I'm scared!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 01:18:27 PM »
Apparently today is the day that over 90 fed.gov agencies are releasing their "equity" action plans.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/04/14/having-solved-all-other-problems-us-state-dept-unveils-equity-action-plan/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 01:28:00 PM »
equitable - adjective 1. fair and impartial.

Funny that things billed as "equity" so often seem to make things less equitable.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 01:33:11 PM »
"Equity" has done a 180-degree turn. I'm old enough to remember when the goal of racial equality was for candidates to be hired based on their qualifications and performance, without regard for race, color, or ethnicity. Now that that hasn't yielded the desired (by the SJWs) result, they've done an about face and declared that "meritocracy" (i.e. hiring on the basis of qualifications and performance without regard for race, color, or ethnicity) is racist.

Clown world.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 04:36:32 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 02:48:10 PM »
Are y'all as excited about this as I am?  :old:

Today, the Social Security Administration released its first Equity Action Plan, supporting President Biden’s whole-of-government equity agenda to advance equity, civil rights, racial justice, and equal opportunity for all.

For more information, please visit https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/releases/2022/#4-2022-2

Huh?

Decreasing burdens for people who identify as gender diverse or transgender in the Social Security number card application process, and

How are gender-confused people in any way disadvantaged with respect to applying for a social security card? If they were born in the U.S., unless they're already senior citizens they already have an SSAN, and that won't change if they "change" their gender. If they are immigrants, I suppose to get an SSAN they need a birth certificate, but they would need that anyway to get legal status so I fail to see how they would be in any way disadvantaged on the basis of their gender confusion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 03:32:41 PM »
equitable - adjective 1. fair and impartial.

Funny that things billed as "equity" so often seem to make things less equitable.
To steelman the opposition, they might say that because life is inherently unfair, the only way to make things more fair is to place the collective thumb on the social scales.  Or put another way, modern equity is equity over a longer than immediate timescale.

Of course, modern equity is also racist as hell.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 10:15:37 PM »
Huh?

How are gender-confused people in any way disadvantaged with respect to applying for a social security card? If they were born in the U.S., unless they're already senior citizens they already have an SSAN, and that won't change if they "change" their gender. If they are immigrants, I suppose to get an SSAN they need a birth certificate, but they would need that anyway to get legal status so I fail to see how they would be in any way disadvantaged on the basis of their gender confusion.

Currently  they have to pick either Male or Female when filling out the application for a card.  This is presumably aggressive now.  Additionally,  one can only assume there would be issues if you requested a card as a [fe]Male, when you had been [mis]gendered at birth and the SSA had your incorrect gender in their records.

I'm just glad all the real issues with Social Security have been solved so they can tackle this pressing issue.