Author Topic: WaPo's List of their 2024 Presidential Nominees  (Read 1795 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: WaPo's List of their 2024 Presidential Nominees
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2022, 10:20:05 AM »
Good in theory,  but I'd bet money we'd just end up with career staffers running more *expletive deleted*it than they already do.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2022, 10:40:12 AM »
Change House membership to a three-year term and then each year randomly draft 1/3 of the members from a list of registered voters in their district between the ages of 25 and 60 who pass a criminal & drug background check. (This was partially inspired by William F. Buckley who said he'd prefer to be governed by people chosen from the Manhattan phone book rather than by the faculty at Harvard.)

Look at that, you re-created slavery.  Or at least involuntary servitude.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2022, 01:40:46 PM »
Change House membership to a three-year term and then each year randomly draft 1/3 of the members from a list of registered voters in their district between the ages of 25 and 60 who pass a criminal & drug background check. (This was partially inspired by William F. Buckley who said he'd prefer to be governed by people chosen from the Manhattan phone book rather than by the faculty at Harvard.)

Boston phone book, but yes.

They’d have to guarantee that my job would be waiting for me after those 3 years were up.  I don’t want to wind up utterly ruined by a 3 year term in DC.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2022, 03:21:43 PM »
Looking that list, it's going to be a Pete Buttigieg type person if Biden doesn't run. Not necessarily gay with a same sex spouse, but some who is/was a mayor of a large city, or state governor, younger, well spoken, likeable personality, and not a crazy eyed emotional loon on camera.

Doesn't mean they will win, but it they will be them on the ticket.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2022, 03:38:22 PM »
I heard the opinion that they would strap Biden to a gurney and roll him around the campaign trial rather than run Harris or one of the other 2018 candidates.  Lots can happen in 2 years so who knows.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2022, 04:44:23 PM »
About that
If there's any truth to this

Biden Told Obama He Will Run for Reelection in 2024
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2022/04/19/biden-told-obama-he-will-run-for-reelection-in-2024-n2606062
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes