Author Topic: Beer brats  (Read 1010 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Beer brats
« on: April 25, 2022, 01:27:08 PM »
I typically use Johnsonville brats because I can get them locally year round.

I usually do one pack of five at a time because the wife doesn't like brats.

So 3 cans of cheap beer, 5 raw brats and one sliced up sweet onion is tossed in a pot and brought to a boil, boil uncovered for 20 minutes. Kill the heat, cover and let sit until cool. Scoop out the brats and onions, refrigerate for at least 12 hours.

Fire the grill, separate the brats and onions. Place the onions on a sheet of aluminum foil, add a heaping teaspoon of Webers Garlic and Sriracha spice, mix well and make the foil into a packet.

When grilling the brats, warm the onion packet on the grill.

When the brats are almost browned, toast your buns on the grill. Assemble the brats by putting the onions on the bread, generous portion of stone ground german mustard and the brat.

Enjoy. It's a nice mix of heat, sweet and sour.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Beer brats
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 06:08:35 PM »
I just finished a nice pork chop dinner, but reading that just made me hungry again.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.