Author Topic: tenterhooks/NYSRPA scotus case  (Read 8058 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: tenterhooks/NYSRPA scotus case
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2022, 06:50:16 PM »
I kind of figured NY state would make obtaining a license such an onerous and expensive process that it would amount to a de facto ban.  I am not at all surprised that NYC Mayor Adams plans to just ignore the ruling entirely.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2022, 06:58:56 PM »
The New York governor proved she's a dumbass today. She went with the flintlock thing and said she was willing to go back in time. She better write that out and give to a rider so we know because guess what else they didn't have back then to let you spew your first amendment protected nonsense?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2022, 07:58:35 PM »
 I'm pleased, imo Adams and others will blow smoke for awhile but at the end of the day will not want to face legal sanctions for ignoring scotus.
 Yes, we can end NFA, how can we be a well regulated militia with out SBR's with selector switches?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2022, 08:33:54 PM »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2022, 09:00:24 PM »
I just received an e-mail from the NRA, claiming credit for the NYSRPA case win.

The NRA isn't listed as a petitioner in the decision, so they can hardly claim credit -- legitimately -- but that isn't stopping them. Does anyone know if the NRA played any role at all in the case?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2022, 09:09:41 PM »
Heard WLaP is buying a new suit to celebrate
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2022, 09:11:00 PM »
Reno May has a good summary of what CA is going to try and do. Apparently most of these things were in the works anyway, but they have now added restrictions to a "shall issue" permit, including potentially using applicants' social media posts to deny permits.

https://youtu.be/Rvwt3LiUZ2I
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2022, 09:19:47 PM »
Just red flag the bastards and get it over with, CA.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2022, 10:05:22 PM »
I just received an e-mail from the NRA, claiming credit for the NYSRPA case win.

The NRA isn't listed as a petitioner in the decision, so they can hardly claim credit -- legitimately -- but that isn't stopping them. Does anyone know if the NRA played any role at all in the case?

The NYSRPA the official NRA-affiliated State Association of New York.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2022, 10:24:16 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2022, 10:37:00 PM »
 I really wish Dick Baker and Scout 26 were here to celebrate with us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFN51ZMIg3E

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2022, 12:51:49 AM »

No kidding!!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2022, 06:33:04 AM »

I like to imagine that they get to hear the collective wailing and gnashing of the left as a whole. Such beautiful music to the ears.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2022, 10:09:44 AM »
The two lawyers that just won a landmark victory, securing their clients' fundamental rights, were just ditched by their law firm. Quit the gun stuff, or get out of here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/2nd-amendment-bruen-new-york-gun-case-supreme-court-decision-kirkland-and-ellis-rule-of-law-constitution-11656017031?mod=djemalertNEWS

I wish these anti-American "Americans" would go find their own country, somewhere else. North Korea, perhaps.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2022, 10:12:11 AM »
Did anyone see the Alan Dershowitz interview just recently, where he mentioned "AK15s"? Is he that clueless, or just joking?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
The two lawyers that just won a landmark victory, securing their clients' fundamental rights, were just ditched by their law firm. Quit the gun stuff, or get out of here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/2nd-amendment-bruen-new-york-gun-case-supreme-court-decision-kirkland-and-ellis-rule-of-law-constitution-11656017031?mod=djemalertNEWS

I wish these anti-American "Americans" would go find their own country, somewhere else. North Korea, perhaps.

Wow. I bet if they would have lost the case, the firm would have been prodding the attorneys to appeal and do whatever else that required the clients to pony up more dough, expecting them to continue to lose, but also be a cash cow.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2022, 10:13:54 AM »
Did anyone see the Alan Dershowitz interview just recently, where he mentioned "AK15s"? Is he that clueless, or just joking?

I thought he was semi-red pilled. Am I misremembering?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2022, 10:17:04 AM »
While he may be clueless like most politicians and that more than likely was a brain fart there actually is an AK-15. Don't think any ever made it to the US

http://www.military-today.com/firearms/ak_15.htm

https://roe.ru/eng/catalog/land-forces/strelkovoe-oruzhie/assault-rifles-/AK-15/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2022, 10:17:58 AM »
And SCOTUS just blew this one out of the news cycle by overturning Roe v. Wade (correctly, I would argue)
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »
Also on the lawyers and the law firm, the comments at the WSJ article are interesting. Not to say "I told you so", but it continues to reinforce my opinion that at least 50% of "conservatives" are not the friends of the 2nd Amendment and freedom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2022, 10:43:28 AM »
Also on the lawyers and the law firm, the comments at the WSJ article are interesting. Not to say "I told you so", but it continues to reinforce my opinion that at least 50% of "conservatives" are not the friends of the 2nd Amendment and freedom.

I don't think the WSJ is the kind of rock-ribbed, MAGA site that would only be read by the red. Even if it were, lefties like to troll pro-American site's comment sections.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2022, 10:57:17 AM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2022, 11:21:51 AM »
The winning attorneys in the case were told by the other partners in their law firm to either ditch their 2A clients or leave the firm. They chose to leave.

Bruen attorneys leave law firm after being told to ditch 2A clients
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/24/bruen-attorneys-leave-law-firm-after-being-told-to-ditch-2a-clients-n59719
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2022, 11:25:03 AM »

I don't think the WSJ is the kind of rock-ribbed, MAGA site that would only be read by the red.

No, but it is read by a lot of non-MAGA establishment conservatives. I watch Fox Business almost every morning, and I can tell you that of all the very fiscally conservative guests they have on, fully 50% are "yay 2nd Amendment, but..." types.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2022, 12:27:36 PM »
And...

The racists are coming out of the woodwork around this...

ZOMG, but THOSE PEOPLE are going to be carrying guns!

Blog under construction