Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 34000 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #575 on: July 07, 2022, 01:53:47 PM »
^^^We have seen a few cases of this in our clinics with women under the age of 13 becoming pregnant.  They are all a mandatory report to Child Protective Services.  If I am recalling correctly, many of the cases are either brother/sister incest or mom's boyfriend.  I had to show up in court once and testify as to details of one of the cases.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #576 on: July 07, 2022, 02:27:55 PM »
many of the cases are either brother/sister incest or mom's boyfriend.

Eww on the first, grrrr on the second.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #577 on: July 07, 2022, 02:33:07 PM »
Just to be able to get pregnant at 10 the girl has probably experienced precocious puberty.  World record for youngest girl to give live birth was a 5 or 6 year old in Peru in the 1930’s (my recollection was that poor kid got her period before turning 1, a pretty extreme case of precocious puberty). 

Remember hearing about that, Meant some guy did the dirty with a 5 year old. :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #578 on: July 07, 2022, 02:36:03 PM »
Remember hearing about that, Meant some guy did the dirty with a 5 year old. :facepalm:

Her father was the prime suspect, but back then they couldn’t prove it and she never identified the bio-father.  So nobody was prosecuted.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #579 on: July 07, 2022, 06:08:22 PM »
Eww on the first, grrrr on the second.

Brad

The first seemed to happen more frequently with step siblings, not blood siblings.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2022, 08:44:27 PM »
The first seemed to happen more frequently with step siblings, not blood siblings.
Do predators seek out those opportunities?  I assume so.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #581 on: July 07, 2022, 09:19:03 PM »

Yes, and no.  With youth sex offenders it’s pretty common to have “situational” offenders vs predatory.  Situational offenders are like it sounds, they find themselves in a situation where they can satisfy their sexual urges, and they may not fully understand the wrongness of doing so.  Often the offender is also a prior victim and/or is living in an environment of few or no boundaries (sexual or otherwise) so they really don’t comprehend the magnitude of their actions.  Only good news with such people is that with good counseling recidivism is very low. 

WLJ

• friends
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 10:30:12 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #583 on: July 07, 2022, 10:36:30 PM »
Who the ****  cares?

EU Parliament votes 324-155 to condemn SCOTUS for overturning Roe v. Wade
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/07/eu-parliament-votes-324-155-to-condemn-scotus-for-overturning-roe-v-wade/

I'm so proud of our Supreme Court right now.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #584 on: July 08, 2022, 12:26:45 PM »

My experience with child sexual abuse cases is that yes, some predators DO actively seek single mothers for this reason

Not to sound bad, but the plainer/frumpier mom is, the more likely to be targeted (since "it's so hard to get a man")
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #585 on: July 08, 2022, 01:08:12 PM »
I'm so proud of our Supreme Court right now.

Why are you using a clip from "Dr. Who"??  ???  :O
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #586 on: July 08, 2022, 01:16:06 PM »
EU Parliament votes 324-155 to condemn SCOTUS for overturning Roe v. Wade
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/07/eu-parliament-votes-324-155-to-condemn-scotus-for-overturning-roe-v-wade/

This coming from people from countries that often have stricter limits for abortion than much of the US, even with Roe flushed down the tubes.

I guess it makes them feel good to pretend to be outraged.

https://reproductiverights.org/maps/worlds-abortion-laws/

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #587 on: July 08, 2022, 03:45:51 PM »
Why are you using a clip from "Dr. Who"??  ???  :O

Ew, gross. I just image-searched for gifs of people crying.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #588 on: July 08, 2022, 05:29:55 PM »
Ew, gross. I just image-searched for gifs of people crying.

The man is long time actor Bernard Cribbins (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0187754/?ref_=hm_rvi_nm_i_2).  Many years ago, he co-starred with Ursula Andress in the movie "She" and, at 79, became not only the oldest companion of the Doctor but he is also the only actor to have starred in one of the Peter Cushing "Dr. Who" films in the early '60s (the 2nd one) AND in the subsequent TV series.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #589 on: July 08, 2022, 05:52:34 PM »
So I guess given what the white house said about Kavanaugh after he was run out of a DC restaurant by protestors just a couple of weeks after an assassination attempt, this is cool with the white house too:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/shutdowndc-group-offers-bounties-twitter-public-sightings-conservative-supreme-court-justices

I guarantee Biden would be old man yelling whatever "the domestic terrorists" stuff his interns told him to say if this happened to Sotomayor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #590 on: July 08, 2022, 07:05:29 PM »
So I guess given what the white house said about Kavanaugh after he was run out of a DC restaurant by protestors just a couple of weeks after an assassination attempt, this is cool with the white house too:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/shutdowndc-group-offers-bounties-twitter-public-sightings-conservative-supreme-court-justices

I guarantee Biden would be old man yelling whatever "the domestic terrorists" stuff his interns told him to say if this happened to Sotomayor.

Now that Musk has been frustrated in his attempt to buy twitter they will probably double down on this double standard stuff.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #591 on: July 09, 2022, 08:30:27 AM »
Apparently they're now messing with the restaurant chain where Kavanaugh was eating by making mass fake reservations. Morton’s is canceling suspected reservations and is now requiring a credit card to make one and guess what the lib reaction is? Declaring that racist of course.

Replying to @williamlegate and @OpenTable
🚨 People of color & other minority groups are reporting that they may be being *targeted* by Morton's Steakhouse with reservation cancellations

Oh and they're mass dropping 1 star reviews on Yelp and Yelp has suspended reviews for the chain

Blue-check lib pillow guy plays the race card after Morton’s cancels fake reservations
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/09/blue-check-lib-pillow-guy-plays-the-race-card-after-mortons-cancels-fake-reservations/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #592 on: July 09, 2022, 08:36:24 AM »
I was actually gonna post that I was surprisingly pleased to read the response from Morton's management on the incident. Especially from how other restaurants reacted to the same incidents with conservative congressionals last year.

I've (years ago) been to that particular Morton's. Great place and awesome steaks. My vegetarian girlfriend at the time even did a meat cheat there.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #593 on: July 09, 2022, 10:54:58 AM »
I'd be OH so very upset if one of these clowns tried to get up close to one of the justices and caught a round from their security detail...

Oh so very upset...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #594 on: July 09, 2022, 11:06:43 AM »
Hell, I'd be happy to see some stun guns and Tazers brought in to play by security details when this sort of *expletive deleted*it goes on.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #595 on: July 09, 2022, 11:11:08 AM »
I'd be OH so very upset if one of these clowns tried to get up close to one of the justices and caught a round from their security detail...

Oh so very upset...

Or a broken arm, broken nose, and dislocated shoulder. 
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #596 on: July 09, 2022, 11:11:54 AM »

Oh so very upset...

That would mean the cowardly justice injustice was hiding behind his security, as they used guns to impose the views of the fascist patriarchy.

But I agree with you.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #597 on: July 09, 2022, 11:54:18 AM »
I saw that AOC was calling Kavanaugh a big baby. Yet if someone did the same to her, she'd be calling out an 06JAN committee for being "almost murdered".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #599 on: July 09, 2022, 12:10:25 PM »
Biden on the "10 year old".  ;/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1545444780108353536

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/09/wapo-fact-checker-unable-to-verify-abortion-story-biden-told-yesterday/

The girl lived in one of those red states, where they have no roads or photocopiers. She had to join a wagon train to Chicago to find a hospital.