Main Forums > Politics

Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade

<< < (2/149) > >>

grampster:
There is no proof the alleged writing is true or even recent.  Just another attempt by the Demomedia to stir up the cretins before the midterms.  I think we can expect a lot of this propaganda as well as more attempts to replace facts with propaganda.

WLJ:

--- Quote from: grampster on May 02, 2022, 10:26:45 PM ---There is no proof the alleged writing is true or even recent.  Just another attempt by the Demomedia to stir up the cretins before the midterms.  I think we can expect a lot of this propaganda as well as more attempts to replace facts with propaganda.

--- End quote ---

Very reason why I titled this "being reported"
It very well could be an attempt to stir up trouble

MechAg94:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/leak-of-scotus-draft-on-roe-v-wade-stuns-nation-this-leak-is-the-gravest-most-unforgivable-sin

If the leak is real, this does bring up some serious issues.  I can't remember hearing of a leak from the SC. 

--- Quote ---SCOTUSblog: “It’s impossible to overstate the earthquake this will cause inside the Court, in terms of the destruction of trust among the Justices and staff. This leak is the gravest, most unforgivable sin.”

If true, I think this is better in the long run.  Push that issue back to the state level and/or force parties to push actual legislation. 
--- End quote ---

sumpnz:
As mentioned, I’ve never heard of a leak on SCOTUS decisions ahead of official release.  If this is a legit draft decision the justices will probably fire every last clerk and staffer if they can’t identify the culprit(s).  Any justice that refused to do so would be presumed a collaborator and not trusted with anything ever again.

My money would be on Jackson (and/or her clerks/staff) as the leak source.  She’s so new she probably doesn’t fully appreciate the magnitude of the betrayal.

WLJ:

--- Quote ---While some remained skeptical that the leak is a real draft, SCOTUSblog tweeted Monday night that the document is "almost certainly" authentic:
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Many observers, pundits, and even Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) speculated that the leak came from a liberal clerk who sought to add pressure to the situation — either for a conservative justice to change their vote or to spur Congress to work on legislation that would again create a "right" to abortion before SCOTUS can overturn that right it previously created.
--- End quote ---

Supreme Court to Overturn Roe v. Wade According to Leaked Draft Opinion
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/05/02/rare-scotus-leak-shows-majority-opinion-overturning-roe-v-wade-n2606645

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version