Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 34414 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #600 on: July 10, 2022, 08:48:06 AM »
Oh cry me a river

BREAKING: Woke female Army soldier questions loyalty to United States after Roe reversal
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-woke-female-army-soldier-questions-loyalty-to-united-states-after-roe-v-wade-decision

"How am I supposed to wake up every day and put on a freaking uniform that says United States Army when the United States doesn't even give a rat's ass about me," the soldier said.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #601 on: July 10, 2022, 10:39:40 AM »
Here's AOC on the Kavanaugh restaurant kerfuffle

Miss They Tried To Rape Me On Jan 6th says what Kavanaugh went through is nothing compared to the threats she and other left wingers been getting from far right wingers which has force them to ride in armored vehicles.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
Many of us have spent weeks in armored vehicles & traveling through backs of buildings bc of right-wing threats. You don’t hear much about it.

@GOPLeader McCarthy said he wants to promote House members who incited violence.

Their feigned horror at protest is a silencing tactic.
4:05 PM · Jul 9, 2022
AOC says you didn’t hear much about the weeks she traveled in armored vehicles
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/09/aoc-says-you-didnt-hear-much-about-the-weeks-she-traveled-in-armored-vehicles/

Yeah....

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #602 on: July 10, 2022, 01:26:41 PM »

Miss They Tried To Rape Me On Jan 6th says what Kavanaugh went through is nothing compared to the threats she and other left wingers been getting from far right wingers which has force them to ride in armored vehicles.
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/09/aoc-says-you-didnt-hear-much-about-the-weeks-she-traveled-in-armored-vehicles/

Yeah....

Doesn't she rep that state (and the city) that keeps denying self-defense to its subjects? I feel so sorry for her. Really.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #603 on: July 10, 2022, 01:32:02 PM »
Doesn't she rep that state (and the city) that keeps denying self-defense to its subjects? I feel so sorry for her. Really.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for her or anyone who voted for her and the other dems in that state. Same for several politicians and their voters in several other states.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #604 on: July 10, 2022, 02:09:32 PM »
I don't feel the least bit sorry for her or anyone who voted for her and the other dems in that state. Same for several politicians and their voters in several other states.

Did my sarcasm not come through?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #605 on: July 10, 2022, 02:14:29 PM »
Did my sarcasm not come through?

Yes it did.
It just the bad mood I get in whenever I look at her and think about who voted her in not once but twice.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #606 on: July 10, 2022, 02:26:02 PM »
At one time Teen Vogue was all about makeup, the latest fashions, dating tips, and boy bands.
Now it's articles on the joys of anal sex, coming out tips, and how to get around abortion laws to murder your child without your parents knowing.

Titled "How to Get an Abortion If You're a Teen After Roe v. Wade Was Overturned," contributor Lauren Rankin provided a detailed guide for how minors can "navigate abortion restrictions as a teenager," and mostly without their parents ever knowing.

The article accused pro-life states of punishing and criticizing people who even just ask questions about abortion.

Teen Vogue Publishes Secret Abortion Guide for Young Girls
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/07/10/teen-vogue-publishes-secret-abortion-guide-for-young-girls-n2609974
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #607 on: July 12, 2022, 10:35:48 AM »
AOC opened her mouth again. Not that it's ever closed. I mean if she closed her mouth her brain might start working and she's been doing her level best to avoid that.

She equates someone taking her picture to what happened to Kavanaugh

Literally SHAKING: AOC claiming someone taking her picture is the SAME as pro-abort harpies harassing Kavanaugh goes SO wrong
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/07/12/literally-shaking-aoc-claiming-someone-taking-her-picture-is-the-same-as-pro-abort-harpies-harassing-kavanaugh-goes-so-wrong/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #608 on: July 12, 2022, 01:03:10 PM »

Did she die again?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #609 on: July 12, 2022, 01:49:59 PM »
The Feds wish to remind hospitals of their obligations under EMTALA regardless of state law.  Hospitals can be fined or eliminated from Medicare/Medicaid for EMTALA violations, so we pay close attention to EMTALA issues.

I received this reminder this morning from the Feds:

https://www.cms.gov/files/document/qso-22-22-hospitals.pdf

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2022/07/11/following-president-bidens-executive-order-protect-access-reproductive-health-care-hhs-announces-guidance-clarify-that-emergency-medical-care-includes-abortion-services.html

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #610 on: July 12, 2022, 01:58:54 PM »
Under what conditions would an abortion be the proper "treatment" and the issue not be a miscarriage or a premature birth?  I can't think of a scenario, but I am not in that profession. 

1.  Later in pregnancy, I can't see where an abortion is the answer versus a premature birth.  They have to try to save the baby rather than kill it in the womb.

2.  Earlier in pregnancy, I am not sure what health issues can come up that are a threat to the mother's health. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 02:16:04 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #611 on: July 12, 2022, 02:00:15 PM »

Yeah....
Democrats have loved riding in armor for a long time . . . too bad AOC didn't pose for a picture.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #612 on: July 12, 2022, 02:07:09 PM »
Pro-Abortion Group Threatens Southern States with ‘Floating Abortion Clinic’ in Gulf of Mexico
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/10/pro-abortion-group-threatens-southern-states-with-floating-abortion-clinic-in-gulf-of-mexico/
They are going to keep trying.  The "crazy Christians" some people seem to be worried about have nothing on these leftists. 

“Those in the most southern parts of Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas may be closer to the coast than to facilities in bordering states where abortion and reproductive health care are available, PRROWESS’s website says about the effort. “The clinic will be able to offer services such as contraception and point of care STI testing that may not be offered at the closest land facilities.”
Why even mention this part.  Everyone knows none of those other services need to be on a boat and are likely available at doctor's offices onshore.  If they want to set up an abortion boat, just do it.  Does the support for this stuff fall off if they don't talk about general reproductive medical care?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #613 on: July 12, 2022, 02:15:39 PM »
Under what conditions would an abortion be the proper "treatment" and the issue not be a miscarriage or a premature birth?  I can't think of a scenario, but I am not in that profession.

The letter from HHS provides some examples, such as ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, or pre-eclampsia.  I have not yet talked to my ED or OBG staff, but I doubt if we see many such cases coming in through the ED, and miscarriage would be the most common.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/emergency-medical-care-letter-to-health-care-providers.pdf

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #614 on: July 12, 2022, 02:17:49 PM »
Pro-Abortion Group Threatens Southern States with ‘Floating Abortion Clinic’ in Gulf of Mexico
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/10/pro-abortion-group-threatens-southern-states-with-floating-abortion-clinic-in-gulf-of-mexico/
They are going to keep trying.  The "crazy Christians" some people seem to be worried about have nothing on these leftists. 

Why even mention this part.  Everyone knows none of those other services need to be on a boat and are likely available at doctor's offices onshore.  If they want to set up an abortion boat, just do it.  Does the support for this stuff fall off if they don't talk about general reproductive medical care?

They could set up their own country in the middle of Seattle where abortion is free for all.
Maybe call it Chaz or something. No police, free abortions 24/7.
Since they seemed to have trouble growing food in the city they can import the abundant excess food being grown in that Black Hammer commune in Colorado
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #615 on: July 12, 2022, 02:20:03 PM »
The letter from HHS provides some examples, such as ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, or pre-eclampsia.  I have not yet talked to my ED or OBG staff, but I doubt if we see many such cases coming in through the ED, and miscarriage would be the most common.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/emergency-medical-care-letter-to-health-care-providers.pdf
Thanks.  2 of those three sound pretty rare and can likely be documented.  I have never heard of miscarriage being called an abortion. 

Doesn't seem like a major concern.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #616 on: July 12, 2022, 02:27:58 PM »
Thanks.  2 of those three sound pretty rare and can likely be documented.  I have never heard of miscarriage being called an abortion. 

Doesn't seem like a major concern.

The other sticky wicket, of course, is that only a relatively small percentage of hospitals have someone on the medical staff who could do a surgical abortion in an emergency situation.  If there is no one on the medical staff or the hospital does not have facilities, the patient has to be transferred to a facility who can offer that service.  This is no different from other EMTALA situations, in which a patient is brought into the ED needing advanced trauma care that is not available, so the patient gets transferred to the local trauma center. 

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #617 on: July 12, 2022, 03:07:42 PM »
I have never heard of miscarriage being called an abortion. 
That's what the paperwork called it when my wife miscarried.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #618 on: July 12, 2022, 03:22:00 PM »
That's what the paperwork called it when my wife miscarried.

In healthcare 'spontaneous abortion' = miscarriage.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #619 on: July 12, 2022, 03:25:17 PM »
I'm becoming quite fascinated by the left's war on itself over the abortion ruling being a war on women versus a "war on people who get pregnant".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/07/12/insanity-sen-hawley-drags-pro-abort-witness-who-called-him-transphobic-for-suggesting-only-women-can-get-pregnant-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #620 on: July 12, 2022, 04:11:53 PM »
The Post Millennial
@TPostMillennial
Sen. John Cornyn to law professor Khiara Bridge: "Do you think that a baby that is not yet born has value?"

Watch how she avoids answering that question by answering a more "interesting question" instead.

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1546915804268183554

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #621 on: July 12, 2022, 04:20:40 PM »
Watch how she avoids answering that question by answering a more "interesting question" instead.

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1546915804268183554
John Cornyn is one of the traitors who signed onto the Democrat almost-gun control bill.  Probably trying to do anything to look better to voters.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #622 on: July 12, 2022, 04:22:17 PM »
John Cornyn is one of the traitors who signed onto the Democrat almost-gun control bill.  Probably trying to do anything to look better to voters.

Thought that name rang a bell.
At least on this he appears to be on the right side.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #623 on: July 12, 2022, 04:23:27 PM »
Being on the right side of the left is a long way from being on the right.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #624 on: July 12, 2022, 04:26:32 PM »
Being on the right side of the left is a long way from being on the right.

I was referring on the right as in correct side of this issue not the on right of politics.
And did say "appears" since I don't trust ANY of these SOBs
- Calvin and Hobbes