Author Topic: Tonight's Entertainment  (Read 607 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Tonight's Entertainment
« on: May 04, 2022, 10:00:54 PM »
Big bowl of popcorn and the weather on every channel.
The 2022 season of Tornado Alley is kicking off with a big show.
Nothing close to my place but several small towns east of Oklahoma City have gotten stomped on pretty hard. No reports of injury or death yet but lots of flattened buildings and roofless houses before it got too dark.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Tonight's Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 07:57:39 AM »
THAT DAMNED TRUMP! THOSE DAMNED REPUBLICANS!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 08:04:51 AM »
THAT DAMNED TRUMP! THOSE DAMNED REPUBLICANS!

You left out Musk
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 08:10:19 AM »
Musk is obviously a democracy hating Republican, so no, I didn't leave him out.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 09:12:15 AM »
A favorite spinoff from Tornado Alley is the ever popular Is My Car a Boat? where everyday morons people attempt to determine if their Kia is also a boat.   Gives the local emergency response crews a chance to test all their water rescue gear.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 09:29:30 AM »
Ah, sort of like during the occasionally BIG snow storm here in Northern Virginia, only they play "Is my front wheel drive low slung sedan a 4X4?"

They always lose... :rofl:

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 09:53:16 AM »
Yeah, that storm system was pretty intense. Risk area started between Lubbock and Foard County where my home town of Crowell is located. One of the storms morphed into a textbook perfect hook echo and started dropping funnels just as it got into Foard County. Reed Timmer and his crew of idiots fellow chasers were on it. They were only a couple miles south of my brother's house when they flew a drone into the funnel. The storm eventually center-punched the small community of Lockett, about 20 minutes east of Crowell. A storm tourism van full of gawking severe weather neophytes got tossed around in it.

One thing that gets me about storm chasers. These idiots don't think twice about turning down an unknown dirt road in a driving rainstorm, usually in some kind of small SUV or sedan with highway tires, and in areas with little or no cell coverage. When I was a spotter for the Weather Service, dirt roads were No Go zones for all the obvious reasons.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB