Author Topic: Don't Move to Florida!  (Read 610 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Don't Move to Florida!
« on: May 14, 2022, 03:56:05 PM »
AwakenwithJP gives some reasons not to move to Florida.  :rofl:

https://youtu.be/rNj11tNsze4
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: Don't Move to Florida!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 08:23:36 PM »
Yes, don't.  We're full. Just stop in Georgia or one of the Carolinas.

Also we don't care how you did it in New York.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 08:02:47 AM »
Yeah, stop in North Carolina.  We're already purple.  Might as well complete the transition to blue leftist crap hole.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 08:29:20 AM »
Yes, don't.  We're full. Just stop in Georgia or one of the Carolinas.

Also we don't care how you did it in New York.

*expletive deleted*ck no we full too the entire population of Ohio has moved to SC.

I don’t mind transplants who vote the right way and don’t try to turn my state into a blue hell but far too many seem to think “well I’m from NY” is something to inject into every conversation and that seems to qualify their opinion as the right way to do something.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 08:37:40 AM »
I don’t mind transplants who vote the right way and don’t try to turn my state into a blue hell but far too many seem to think “well I’m from NY” is something to inject into every conversation and that seems to qualify their opinion as the right way to do something.

Lately, youtube has been recommending "what to expect when moving to Idaho" videos to me, most often done by realtors. Having watched a few of them, I found it interesting that realtors, who want to sell homes, are spending a good part of their videos telling people that if they come here, they're gonna see people with guns, they're gonna see people burning their brush piles, and they're gonna see people who get mad at them if they butt in to their business, and if they don't like any of that stuff, "maybe Idaho is not for you".  :laugh:

There are just no worse new residents than those who want to push for the stuff they had in the hellhole they left.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 09:03:48 AM »
Lately, youtube has been recommending "what to expect when moving to Idaho" videos to me, most often done by realtors. Having watched a few of them, I found it interesting that realtors, who want to sell homes, are spending a good part of their videos telling people that if they come here, they're gonna see people with guns, they're gonna see people burning their brush piles, and they're gonna see people who get mad at them if they butt in to their business, and if they don't like any of that stuff, "maybe Idaho is not for you".  :laugh:

There are just no worse new residents than those who want to push for the stuff they had in the hellhole they left.

One of my former coworkers, Steve, moved to a tract home new build subdivision. No HOA. His neighbor is from NJ. Steve is a field mechanic and drives his service truck home every night and parks it in the driveway of his house. Steve also built a nice shed at the back of his house that matches the house’s siding.

The neighbor decided these two things are highly offensive and decided to mount a campaign of harassment and now calls the cops on them at least once a month, usually on his wife while Steve is away at work in an effort to make life so miserable to make them sell and leave. From talking to other people it’s a very common thing for transplants to use police and HOA harassment against neighbors they don’t like.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 10:10:12 AM »

The neighbor decided these two things are highly offensive and decided to mount a campaign of harassment and now calls the cops on them at least once a month, usually on his wife while Steve is away at work in an effort to make life so miserable to make them sell and leave. From talking to other people it’s a very common thing for transplants to use police and HOA harassment against neighbors they don’t like.

Indeed.  I guess that's SOP in the north where they can't solve their own problems.  I  live in the county, so if a transplant in my 'hood calls the cops they get a Sheriff's Deputy.  If you are stupid, and waste the Deputy's time they are as likely to run up stupid violations on the caller as not.  It's always hilarious to watch the yankee get yelled at and written up by the cops they called.

[Mal voice]That's what happens when you call the Feds.[/Mal]

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 12:55:41 PM »
Aym fum noo yawk but only lived there 22 out of my 83 years.  (26.5%, to save you the trouble.)

Remind me to tell you how I loind not to complain.

Oh, OK, here goes, since you ast.

I lived on the top of a hill overlooking Boulder Reservoir and during good swimming days the entry booth would get behind and a line of traffic would bleed out onto the main road.  This was dangerous because as you came over the blind hill, there was suddenly a line of cars on the road in front of you and I was used to hearing the screech of brakes.  So I complained to the Highway Patrol to enforce the 35MPH speed limit on that road, N 51st Street.

So a month or so later I was coming home and got stopped for speeding, 45, maybe 50, like duh.  Cop sees me laughing and asked what was so funny and I said I lived up the street and I was the one who complained about enforcing the speed limit.  Then he starts laughing.  So I ast him what was so funny and he says "You're the first one we caught."

I guess account of the yuma he only gave me a warning ticket.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:08:08 PM by 230RN »

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 12:08:37 AM »
back when I lived in Florida, there were more NY accents than back home in NY :rofl:
and that was in 1998
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 09:40:17 AM »
One of my former coworkers, Steve, moved to a tract home new build subdivision. No HOA. His neighbor is from NJ. Steve is a field mechanic and drives his service truck home every night and parks it in the driveway of his house. Steve also built a nice shed at the back of his house that matches the house’s siding.

What is the neighbor using as a pretext to call the police? 

All I can suggest is let other neighbors know what is going on (if they know them) and maybe set up a couple of cameras in case the idiot tries to escalate.  I don't know if it would help to meet with the local police chief. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge