Author Topic: Turning Point USA Presidential Poll  (Read 3433 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Turning Point USA Presidential Poll
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2022, 03:21:41 PM »
One downside of Trump2024 is that we won't have an incumbent in 2028.

I think if DeSantis got the R nod, all the Trumpers would support him enthusiastically.

Only if Trump refrains from turning his diehard supporters against DeSantis, the way he did with all his challengers 6 years ago.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2022, 03:22:46 PM »
I think if DeSantis got the R nod, all the Trumpers would support him enthusiastically.

This is my belief as well. At least from what I know about him, I like him. I'm not sure there are any other R candidates worth my vote at this time. My opinions all might change in early 2024 though.  =)

To French's point, I would be inclined to vote for Gabbard over somebody like Jeb Bush (please clap). Or also just sit it out.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2022, 04:59:01 PM »
I like some of her positions but I can’t vote for Tulsi until she gets fully redpilled plus anyone even remotely identifiable with by the majority of Americans gets brutally crushed by the Dems. She doesn’t hate the flyover people and that’s why they ran her out. 
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2022, 05:03:20 PM »
Tulsi Gabbard wants to ban "assault weapons."

https://twitter.com/tulsipress/status/969032936069644288?lang=en

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2022, 05:22:42 PM »
Thought this was interesting.

I keep saying the Tea Party was the polite request, Trump was the less polite request, it does not get more polite from here. Why do I say this? Because I have the brains God gave a rock and I do not live in the Eternal Now. Insult people enough and they will only loathe you.

— alexandriabrown (@alexthechick) July 25, 2022

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2022, 05:23:57 PM »
Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio, et. al. would all sign an assault weapons ban "if it made it to their desk". Every "moderate Republican" would. It's only the domestic terrorist extremists like Cruz, DeSantis, and Huckabee that wouldn't.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2022, 07:30:55 PM »
Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio, et. al. would all sign an assault weapons ban "if it made it to their desk". Every "moderate Republican" would. It's only the domestic terrorist extremists like Cruz, DeSantis, and Huckabee that wouldn't.

The Bushes, Romney and Rubio suck also.

Tulsi was an assault weapon ban cosponsor.  That's appalling.  I find the crush some gun owners have on this gun banning woman bizarre.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2022, 07:40:01 PM »

Tulsi was an assault weapon ban cosponsor.  That's appalling.  I find the crush some gun owners have on this gun banning woman bizarre.
Always important to remember that while Tulsi might not be a crazy commie leftist like some of them, she is still a Democrat and solidly in the liberal camp.  She is probably even crazy leftist in other ways. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2022, 08:45:27 PM »

No one here has a crush on her. She's simply more conservative / libertarian than around half the current crop of Republicans. I wouldn't vote for her over DeSantis, or even Trump. Over Jeb Bush? As I said earlier, her or sitting 2024 out is preferable to me.

bscl

• friends
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2022, 09:21:32 PM »

This.  Having heard her opinions on issues while she was still a part of politics in Hawaii, I detested her elitist attitude towards us mere civilians owning AR's. She played the veteran credibility card a lot.
Life Member NRA, SAF

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2022, 09:35:43 PM »
Tulsi Gabbard wants to ban "assault weapons."

https://twitter.com/tulsipress/status/969032936069644288?lang=en

One of the major issues I have with her.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2022, 09:40:12 PM »
I'd have a hard time voting for Tulsi unless she were running against a truly despicable imitation "R" like Adam Kinzinger or Liz Cheney,  but she does seem to be one of the few rational Democrats that are left. I think she and I could remain civil in a 1-on-1 discussion where we disagreed with each other on many issues.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2022, 10:11:45 PM »
Loads of guys on AR15.com (of all places) love her some weird reason.   ;/

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2022, 10:31:08 PM »
I believe Tulsi loves her country, even if I disagree with her on an awful lot.

That is getting to be more and more rare.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2022, 06:40:15 AM »
I'm not sure how much Democrat is left in Tulsi, but we shall see.  As many have said I have issues with so e of her policies. Not surprising as I think Hawaii is pretty far up the list of shitty state .govs.

It's worth remembering though, Trump actually did some BS anti-gun stuff, and started the "I'll just have ATF change a definition if I want to ban something " crap that they are flexing with the 80%s and Brace rules right now. He's only pro 2A when he needs votes.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2022, 09:06:49 AM »
True.  Except for his supreme court picks, Trump was mediocre to poor on guns.

And, amazingly enough, that made him better than average for Republican Presidents.   ;/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »
Speaking of polls

Political Polls
@Politics_Polls
2024 New Hampshire Democratic Primary:

Buttigieg 17%
Biden 16%
Warren 10%
Newsom 10%
Klobuchar 9%
Sanders 8%
Harris 6%
Ocasio-Cortez 5%
Clinton 3%
Abrams 3%
Booker 2%

@UNHSurveyCenter,
https://scholars.unh.edu/cgi/viewconten
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/26/new-poll-shows-biden-losing-to-buttigieg-in-new-hampshire/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2022, 08:11:57 PM »
Please, not Buddha Judge. Even if he loses the election, I can't take another year of listening to that fraud delivering lectures on how to be a perfect Christian.  :facepalm:

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2022, 03:29:44 PM »
Not all of them.
Much like Trump himself, some of them will never move on from the 2020 election and refuse to vote for anyone else out of principle.
Hopefully they are a very small group.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.