Author Topic: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting  (Read 11482 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2022, 08:09:31 AM »
Biden in Buffalo today.
I'm sure he has a list of "common sense" gun laws to announce
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2022, 08:20:07 AM »
He should ask how an 18 year old mentally ill man, who was investigated by the FBI, got an AR15 in a state with the most restrictive gun law.  That is, if he was from NY to begin with.  Do we know if he’s a NY resident?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2022, 08:26:50 AM »
Biden in Buffalo today.
I'm sure he has a list of "common sense" gun laws to announce

Already being reported that he will be doing so. Par for the course. Notice he never showed up in Waukesha.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2022, 08:29:18 AM »
One thing among many that has me confused a bit is him supposedly converting his AR-15 to accept >10rd cap mags if I read that right.
I know NY has 10rd mag restrictions but I wasn't aware of anything along the lines a CA "bullet button" setup so why would he have to mod his gun?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 08:57:33 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2022, 09:04:30 AM »
Though it’s Vice news, here’s some info on the guy, his mental state and how he wasn’t “red flagged” and that he is from NY.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3vy3w/buffalo-shooter-red-flag-laws-nyc?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2022, 09:09:14 AM »
Okay I did find this

AR Maglock claims to be compliant with NY SAFE Act...your thoughts?
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYguns/comments/8c6gtk/ar_maglock_claims_to_be_compliant_with_ny_safe/

AR-15 MAGAZINE LOCK
https://ddsranch.com/ar-15-magazine-lock/
DD's Ranch Magazine Lock holds magazine in exactly the same way as your firearms original magazine catch, but makes it non-removable. Once the firearm has a "fixed magazine" it is no longer classified as an assault weapon, no matter what features are on it, and therefor does not require registration. All parts are manufactured in the USA by DD's Ranch, LLC.

▪MADE IN THE USA

▪DIRECT REPLACMENT FOR THE EXISTING MAGAZINE RELEASE

But it appears to just just screws in just like the regular mag catch so why the drilling on his part?

On a side note in the same section he goes on about using an 80% lower to get around NY laws in a way that adds tin foil to my hat.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2022, 09:20:39 AM »
Okay, think I have my answer

Requires that you must epoxy over the screw head once installed.
https://www.compmag.net/dds-ranch-ar-15-magazine-lock-for-new-york/

Same product at a different site with the exact same description except they left out the epoxy part at the first one for some reason.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2022, 10:11:11 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2022, 10:16:13 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2022, 03:10:35 PM »
Ostensibly, the shooter wrote the names of the Waukesha victims on his rifle:

https://twitter.com/empowerfy/status/1525607777581813760

(might want to take the above with a grain of NaCl for now)
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2022, 06:37:09 PM »
NY Gov is acting

Microstamping
Ban AOWs
Mandating state police file an extreme risk protection order for firearms confiscation for anyone they believe is a danger to themself or others.
Requiring New York law enforcement agencies to report recovered crime guns to state authorities within 24 hours for testing and tracing.
Al Sharpeton

Not a single thing that would have effected the shooting

BREAKING: Governor Hochul Announces Push to Mandate Microstamping in New York
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-governor-hochul-announces-push-to-mandate-microstamping-in-new-york/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2022, 08:10:40 AM »
Yeah, this guy was totally stable. It was definitely the fault of his guns:

"When I came home at ~10:30 I was eating pizza bites when I hard my cat Paige scream from the garage," Gendron wrote. "I quickly enter and the gray cat was attacking her. I then spent the next hour and a half chasing the cat around the garage and stabbing it with my knife (the camo one)."

Gendron took detailed notes of the killing and wrote details such as how many times the cat's neck was slashed until its head was detached from the body, and added that he felt no emotions afterwards.

"It bled from the mouth at about 11:00 and at about 11:45 I was able to grab the cats tail and wind up and smack the cats head on the concrete ground," he wrote. "I did that a few times and when it went limp I grabber [sic] a hatchet and swung at its neck ~20 times until it came off."

Bonus material in the story. Why would anyone who doesn't hunt own a gun, let alone three?

The neighbor went on to say that he didn't know that the family had guns.

"I didn’t even know he had guns," the said. "They're not hunters or anything. And that's why it was strange to hear he had three."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-mass-shooting-suspect-wore-hazmat-suit

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2022, 08:59:02 AM »
Side story:

Buffalo 911 Dispatcher Accused of Hanging Up On Worker Hiding During Mass Shooting Faces Firing
https://www.dailywire.com/news/buffalo-911-dispatcher-accused-of-hanging-up-on-worker-hiding-during-mass-shooting-faces-firing

“She was yelling at me, saying, ‘Why are you whispering? You don’t have to whisper,'” the employee, identified as Latisha, an assistant office manager at the market, told the newspaper. “And I was telling her, ‘Ma’am, he’s still in the store. He’s shooting. I’m scared for my life. I don’t want him to hear me. Can you please send help?’ She got mad at me, hung up in my face.”
We will see if this turns out to be true.  How much do they pay 911 operators?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2022, 09:01:04 AM »
Yeah, this guy was totally stable. It was definitely the fault of his guns:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-mass-shooting-suspect-wore-hazmat-suit

Just your typical far right wing white supremacist, Fox News watcher, anti women's rights, immigrant hating, Trump supporting, gun owner
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:26:33 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2022, 09:34:16 AM »
^^^Anyone who could do that to a cat, or any other animal needs to be dealt with.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2022, 09:58:02 AM »
^^^Anyone who could do that to a cat, or any other animal needs to be dealt with.

Agree 100%.

He was living at home. It was 10:30PM. I have to ask where the parents were when he was performing this hour long torture.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2022, 10:07:32 AM »

IIRC, another parallel to the Parkland shooter. Didn't he also have a history of animal abuse?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2022, 10:08:59 AM »
IIRC, another parallel to the Parkland shooter. Didn't he also have a history of animal abuse?

Yep

Florida high school shooter bragged about killing animals
https://blog.humanesociety.org/2018/02/florida-high-school-shooter-bragged-killing-animals.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2022, 10:32:48 AM »
I the media would stop giving these sick bastards airtime, we would have less of them killing people.  These aholes want to get famous and have their stupid manifestos read by millions and the media obliges them.   :mad:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2022, 10:37:44 AM »
I the media would stop giving these sick bastards airtime, we would have less of them killing people.  These aholes want to get famous and have their stupid manifestos read by millions and the media obliges them.   :mad:

I wish I could believe they do that only for the immediate ratings; not because they want to encourage more mass killings.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:03:21 AM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2022, 10:40:28 AM »
I wish I could believe they do that only for the immediate ratings; not because they want to encourage more mass killings.

To a garbage man garbage is job security
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:08:19 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2022, 11:05:01 AM »
Edited my above statement to reflect what I was actually thinking, instead of that dog's breakfast that came out at first.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2022, 06:35:41 PM »
He was brought in for a mental evaluation. What happened? The story stops there. Obviously, he wasn’t mentally adjudicated. He passed a background check. So, what gives? Well, apparently, threatening to shoot up your shoot or kill yourself isn’t enough to be declared mentally unwell in New York (via WSJ):

Oh, So That's Why the Buffalo Shooter Wasn't Deemed Mentally Unfit
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/05/20/oh-so-thats-why-the-buffalo-shooter-wasnt-deemed-mentally-unfit-n2607534

:facepalm:

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2022, 08:31:04 AM »
Related: The rapper who shot a NY cop has been set free. No real explanation not to prosecute seems to have been given. I note that he was a felon on probation in possession of a firearm when he shot the cop, and they are not even prosecuting that gun crime, yet screaming for new gun laws related to Buffalo.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rapper-accused-shooting-police-officer-charges-dropped-new-york