Author Topic: Pulsepoint app for citizen CPR.  (Read 525 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Pulsepoint app for citizen CPR.
« on: May 19, 2022, 02:27:29 PM »
I was doing a risk management training this morning at one of our local fire districts and they had just joined the Pulsepoint community: https://www.pulsepoint.org/

They are encouraging residents in their fire district to download the app so that they can get notified if someone in their proximity needs CPR.  You can also be notified of fire response and disasters in your area, but I just downloaded it for the CPR assist.  My paramedic days are long behind me, but I take the CPR training every year at the hospital. Time is myocardium, and the quicker someone gets CPR and a shock, the better the outcome.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Pulsepoint app for citizen CPR.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 11:06:54 PM »
My guess is that anyone who would have the app would have the skillset...

A friend of mine died about 15-20 years ago (damn...). He was on a bus with a bunch of researchers. One of the MDs started working on him when he collapsed. Major heart attack. Pretty much everyone else (PhD types in med fields) knew how to help. He still died. DRT. But they still tried.
Blog under construction

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 01:54:46 PM »
My guess is that anyone who would have the app would have the skillset...

A friend of mine died about 15-20 years ago (damn...). He was on a bus with a bunch of researchers. One of the MDs started working on him when he collapsed. Major heart attack. Pretty much everyone else (PhD types in med fields) knew how to help. He still died. DRT. But they still tried.

The odds of surviving an out of hospital cardiac arrest is about 10% and it isn't much better in the hospital. I have been using Pulsepoint for years. It is how I found out the FD was doing a resuscitation in our hospital parking lot one time.

It was also used at a concert I was at once, by the time I was there so were a few others which is good because ideally you should be switching people doing compressions every two minutes.

I would recommend it also if you know how to do basic CPR, bodies are important to do them until an AED arrives.

bob

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 03:24:39 PM »
Doesn't work in my AO.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?