Author Topic: Possible fireworks show in Coeur d’Alene  (Read 801 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Possible fireworks show in Coeur d’Alene
« on: May 20, 2022, 11:17:22 PM »
Antifa is coming to town to "protect" the LGBT-blah-blah-blah community on June 11:

https://www.idahotribune.org/news/antifa-coming-to-coeur-dalene-for-june-11-lgbt-event-in-cda-park-to-protect-gay-amp-trans-people

The same day, "Gun d'Alene" is holding an event to commemorate the 2nd anniversary when downtown Coeur d'Alene was patrolled by armed citizens to protect local businesses the day a BLM rally was happening in town.

Article from 2020:
https://cdapress.com/news/2020/jun/05/gun-dalene-reason-to-celebrate-5/

"Panhandle Patriots" intend to confront Antifa:  https://youtu.be/9pbtUdNAVYw

This should be fun.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Possible fireworks show in Coeur d’Alene
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 04:20:41 AM »
Paging Kyle Rittenhouse. Mr. Rittenhouse to the red hotline phone, please.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 08:09:24 AM »
This could be interesting. We've been talking about, "One of these days antifa are going to *expletive deleted*ck with the wrong people". If there's gonna be a place where violent antifa attackers (note I said attackers, not attackees) could get their asses kicked with little or no repercussions for those defending themselves, CDA is a good bet. If antifa are expecting a Portland-like environment and Proud Boys as their enemies, they are in for a very rude shock.

It sounds like this pride thing is what happens in stupid Boise every year:

https://boisepridefest.org/

My very first year here, I didn't know the Boise thing existed and my realtor invited me to lunch in Boise the very first day of it. I saw a bunch of pink and purple haired weirdos in their "loud and proud" clothes walking around downtown Boise. I'm sure there were normally dressed gay people attending that didn't stand out to me. It seems this is mostly ignored by those not attending when it happens in Boise. A lot of the downtown restaurants that moved here from Portland or Seattle support it. I've never heard of associated violence or an antifa presence. If antifa decides to copy what they're going to do in CDA and do the same in Boise, I expect there will be a lot of openly armed citizens responding. If so, the commie Boise mayor will try to stop any conservative protests (as she has done with other stuff before) and the governor will send state police to the capitol to counter the mayor.

CDA is quite different from Boise though. There will be no sympathy for antifa there.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 09:16:52 AM »
Idaho conservatives need something else to occupy their time since the Trump pick for Governor was recently defeated at the primary level.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 09:25:02 AM »
Idaho conservatives need something else to occupy their time since the Trump pick for Governor was recently defeated at the primary level.

In this election, the Attorney General was the more important office, and ultra MAGA blew away the rino incumbent.

I also noticed that one of Angel Eyes' links led to another link talking about how antifa was supporting our current governor, so I guess you could also say that conservatives lost and antifa won, if you consider that a good thing.

https://www.idahotribune.org/news/caught-antifa-in-idaho-openly-recruiting-for-brad-little-registering-as-republican-to-vote-against-janice-mcgeachin

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 09:26:50 AM »
Paging Kyle Rittenhouse. Mr. Rittenhouse to the red hotline phone, please.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »

Actually, Antifa need to learn some manners, and CDA is just the place for the lesson.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 09:42:39 AM »
I get over to CDA every couple of years or so, usually in the context of going to the hospitals in the Spokane area.  Last time I was there, I was under the impression that CDA was becoming more purple, with the influx of out-of-state wealth buying up homes in the area.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 10:22:11 AM »
I get over to CDA every couple of years or so, usually in the context of going to the hospitals in the Spokane area.  Last time I was there, I was under the impression that CDA was becoming more purple, with the influx of out-of-state wealth buying up homes in the area.

It is, especially since the covids, and the residents aren't happy. It was fairly consistent that most of the liberal leaning people would move to the Boise area and the ex-cops, strongly conservative, etc. would move to CDA. Now CDA is getting more and more telecommuters and hippies and homes are hitting a million dollars.

Locals aren't thrilled. I mentioned elsewhere that youtube has been sending me "moving to Idaho" video recommendations, and even the realtors who want to sell homes are making warning videos to "people from CA, Portland, and those places" that they had better be prepared to see conservative values and if they want to change those, "maybe move somewhere else".

It seems that advice is being ignored more and more. Which is also why conservatives here have been getting more and more militant right to counteract that stuff and try and make us less attractive to liberal telecommuters. The primaries this week certainly reinforced that. While McCeachen didn't win for Governor, lots of "Idaho rino" incumbents that got crappy Freedom Index scores were ousted. Especially in areas like mine that got redistricted.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 11:02:32 AM »
I am in rural North Snohomish County 45 miles north of downtown Seattle.  I am struck by the number of comments in the local FaceBook groups about how expensive, crowded and built up the area is becoming, and they plan to move to Idaho.  Part of that is based on the lower cost of living, and part of that is Washington state politics, which is why they are not moving to Eastern Washington, which is very much un-crowded and has a somewhat lower cost of living compared to the Puget Sound basin.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 11:14:41 AM »
Part of that is based on the lower cost of living, and part of that is Washington state politics, which is why they are not moving to Eastern Washington, which is very much un-crowded and has a somewhat lower cost of living compared to the Puget Sound basin.

I see the same here, being close to Eastern Oregon. Real estate is generally cheaper just across the border, and if your are a conservative Western Oregonean, I find Eastern Oregon WAY more conservative (outside the new pot smoking contingent in Ontario) than my part of Idaho. But overall, if you move to Eastern OR, you still get all the state laws passed in Portland, so people cross the border to Idaho.

That was a similar problem I had back in CA. There were a lot of neat non-hippie areas, even relatively cheap real estate-wise that I could have moved to, but I would have been burdened with the state politics, regulations, taxes, etc.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 12:22:43 PM »
If I had a shop or apartment overlooking the likely place antifa would be confronting the locals, I think I'd set up a webcam and livestream the happening as a pay-per-view event.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 12:31:18 PM »
But overall, if you move to Eastern OR, you still get all the state laws passed in Portland Salem,

;)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 12:55:08 PM »
And ironically this just popped up

How Urban Design Can Make or Break Protests
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-urban-design-can-make-or-break-protests?utm_source=pocket-newtab
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2022, 01:28:15 PM »
  ;)

Well, yeah, but I kinda meant where the influence is coming from.  =)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2022, 02:38:55 PM »
Regarding CDA turning purple and those real estate videos I mentioned earlier, coincidentally, this one just popped up on my youtube recommendations:

https://youtu.be/yt5wBgi0yv0

He has some interesting charts for Idaho and other red states and how they are trending, R vs B. While Idaho statewide trended 1% blue, the five panhandle counties (where CDA is) went pretty strongly red. It interestingly showed that CA went 0.8% red. It appears he got his data from Politico, for whatever that is worth or not.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 03:46:41 PM »
Gonna have to shut down this here thread. You boys are talking about people coming across the border, replacing the native population. That is a racist conspiracy theory.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2022, 05:55:55 PM »
angel eyes posted the youtube of daily kos in the OP.
 those guys appeared to be members of a biker club of some sort, anyone have any idea which one?
 I noticed the speaker biker had a three percenter patch - i have heard of them but i am not really sure who/what they are .
are the three percenters a bike club too?

anyways, I wish I could move up to CDA - it sure seems beautiful-but I would have to have money and get fired - neither of which seem likely today
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."