Author Topic: My question is... what did Seattle do with...  (Read 339 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
My question is... what did Seattle do with...
« on: February 22, 2023, 11:35:55 AM »
The money they cut from police budgets starting in 2020?

The council said it had a cunning plan to use that money to provide social services that would turn Seattle into a crime-free utopian dreamland...

Looks like they finally admitted that their dream is actually a nightmare.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/seattle-police-defunding-crime-ravages-locals-huge-crisis

Unfortunately the article is VERY light on facts... Such as, how much was cut from the police budget starting in 2020, where was that money reallocated, how many officers left the force because of the cuts and, finally, how much money is being restored?

Also, what's the response from the city council, especially Kshama Sawant, who pushed hard not just for defunding, but complete abolition, of the police department.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: My question is... what did Seattle do with...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 11:42:42 AM »
Well, I missed this story from earlier this month...

Kshama Sawant announced several weeks ago that she's stepping down after a decade on the council...

Because she's afraid for her safety.

Imagine that. Create a shitshow, then run from it like the hard-core lefty she is.

Several other council members who also bear considerable culpability for the festering sewer that is now Seattle are also running away.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/seattle-city-councilmembers-seeking-reelection-threats-safe-family
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 01:20:49 PM »
What a disaster. The solution, of course, is more leftism.

And federal aid.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 05:40:56 PM »
What a disaster. The solution, of course, is more leftism.

And federal aid.

And not annually reporting crime stats to the DoJ.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.