Author Topic: Automatic Ghost Guns on Showtime  (Read 654 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Automatic Ghost Guns on Showtime
« on: May 24, 2022, 10:26:19 AM »
The hacks at Vice did a ghost gun piece for Showtime in which they manipulated the video to speed up the shots from a semi to make it sound full auto-ish. When caught, they said they ran into an audio glitch that they are "working to correct".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/24/why-you-lyin-vice-denying-they-edited-semi-auto-ghost-guns-audio-to-make-them-sound-scarier-and-fully-auto-goes-so-wrong/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Automatic Ghost Guns on Showtime
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 10:37:29 AM »
Well it is a ghost gun so it makes ghost sounds
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 11:05:23 AM »
 :rofl:

It is pretty obvious they added in a bunch of shots.  You can see the recoil. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »
Nothing new here - when NBC News was covering the Clinton gun ban back in the mid-90s, they showed video of full-auto machine guns being fired while Tom Brokaw did the voice-over about restricting "semi-auto" firearms. When NBC was called on it, they said something along the lines of it being an "inadvertent" event with "no intention to deceive" but refused to issue a correction or retraction for this "minor" error.

And then a couple of weeks later, Brokaw & Company did it again.

This from the same network team that rigged a GM pickup with a remotely-detonated incendiary device to make it blow up on cue in order to demonstrate the dangers of side-saddle gas tanks - so their deceit wasn't limited to firearm issues.

I don't think the media has become more honest since then.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 11:14:13 AM »
BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO BOO

Ah mah gerdz! A fully semi-auto bolt Ghost Gun! We gonna die!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 11:20:59 AM »
Nothing new here - when NBC News was covering the Clinton gun ban back in the mid-90s, they showed video of full-auto machine guns being fired while Tom Brokaw did the voice-over about restricting "semi-auto" firearms. When NBC was called on it, they said something along the lines of it being an "inadvertent" event with "no intention to deceive" but refused to issue a correction or retraction for this "minor" error.

And then a couple of weeks later, Brokaw & Company did it again.

This from the same network team that rigged a GM pickup with a remotely-detonated incendiary device to make it blow up on cue in order to demonstrate the dangers of side-saddle gas tanks - so their deceit wasn't limited to firearm issues.

I don't think the media has become more honest since then.

And wasn't it NBC that selectively edited the Zimmerman 911 call?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 12:48:49 PM »
And wasn't it NBC that selectively edited the Zimmerman 911 call?
I think you're right.

But NBC isn't alone in pulling this kind of cr@p - remember the CBS news anchor who used forged documents from a dead man to try and rig a Presidential election?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 10:37:19 AM »
Vice has some interesting shows but are suspect.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 10:44:59 AM »
NBC was also guilty of fraud with the GM trucks
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-02-10-mn-1335-story.html
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams