Author Topic: California Bans . . . Small Engines?!?!  (Read 5688 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: California Bans . . . Small Engines?!?!
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2024, 08:35:26 AM »
Meanwhile in Colorado

Colorado state environmental regulators unanimously approved a measure to crack down on certain uses of gas-powered lawn equipment as part of the state's broader climate push.

In an 8-0 vote, the Colorado Air Quality Control Commission (AQCC) green-lit regulations that prohibit gas-powered lawn and garden equipment from being used on public property statewide. Under the finalized rules, the ban will be enforced beginning in 2025 and, according to the Colorado Public Interest Research Group (CoPIRG), represents the first effort of its kind in the nation.

Dem state cracks down on gas-powered lawn equipment as part of climate crusade
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-state-cracks-down-on-gas-powered-lawn-equipment-as-part-of-climate-crusade
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2024, 09:11:45 AM »
Meanwhile in Colorado

Dem state cracks down on gas-powered lawn equipment as part of climate crusade
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-state-cracks-down-on-gas-powered-lawn-equipment-as-part-of-climate-crusade
Well, either government employees using government-owned tractors, mowers, etc., will be scofflaws, or public property will become progressively shabbier and ungroomed. As just one example, I don't see any big electric mowers - the kind they use to groom highway frontages - coming on the market that will operate for a full 8 hour shift.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2024, 09:18:53 AM »
I don't see any big electric mowers - the kind they use to groom highway frontages - coming on the market that will operate for a full 8 hour shift.

Feelings powered
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2024, 09:39:09 AM »
Feelings powered
So the state employees will only have to identify as working?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2024, 09:40:25 AM »
So the state employees will only have to identify as working?

How's that any different from what many of them do now?
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2024, 11:44:40 AM »
How's that any different from what many of them do now?
Today, the leaners are actually expected to lean on their shovels when they're in the public eye. Identifying as a leaner isn't enough.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2024, 11:50:41 AM »
Today, the leaners are actually expected to lean on their shovels when they're in the public eye. Identifying as a leaner isn't enough.

Old old joke.
Hear about all the government employees getting laid off? They invented a shovel that can stand up on it's own.

Nowadays they would make them all supervisors instead of laying them off.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 12:40:14 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes