Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 24605 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2022, 12:28:27 PM »
https://nypost.com/2022/05/26/salvador-ramos-mightve-revealed-shooting-plan-reporttexas-shooter-may-have-revealed-sick-massacre-plan-in-video-game-rant-report/

Here's another link showing gamers reporting Ramos to the FBI for disturbing statements in video games.

EDIT:  Its a gamer reporting "someone."  There's a lot of supposition and assumption that the BadSpeaker was actually Ramos and not someone else.  No one has traced any usernames to accounts or sessions or IP addresses.

If true kind of hard to fault the FBI on that one.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2022, 12:58:21 PM »

Yup. In another situation we might be discussing something like that as doxing or swating. Freedom and keeping big brother at bay require letting some bad actors slip through.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2022, 01:06:04 PM »
Watching news right now.. looks like the media sharks are in a feeding frenzy over the LEO delay on entry/engaging the shooter.  It's amazing to me, watching this, that they almost seem to have lost sight of the bad guy, and are focusing on "holding these people accountable for making wrong choices."
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2022, 01:14:01 PM »

No, it isn't.

The FBI and other agencies should be made to announce a significant scaling back of their big brothering. As we've seen time and again, it's a whole lot of intrusion, and we still have all-too-frequent massacres.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »
Watching news right now.. looks like the media sharks are in a feeding frenzy over the LEO delay on entry/engaging the shooter.  It's amazing to me, watching this, that they almost seem to have lost sight of the bad guy, and are focusing on "holding these people accountable for making wrong choices."

And they should be in a feeding frenzy over this.

There's been a WHOLE LOT of surrendering of liberty to all the authoritarian apologists.  And everything just keeps getting worse as a result.  It's a case of the blind squirrel finding an acorn, and I don't think they even realize what they're doing since MSM pretty much always operates from a position of Cognitive Dissonance, but the answers will be useful later.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2022, 01:48:37 PM »
It's easy to figure out why the FBI wasn't interested ahead of time.

The name "Salvador Ramos" doesn't sound typical for a White Supremacist.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2022, 02:03:47 PM »
Some animals are more equal.

Off-duty Border Patrol officer enters Uvalde elementary school and evacuates his family rather than facing gunman.

In the meantime, Uvalde PD are arresting and detaining parents of other children wanting to do the same thing or confront the gunman.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/cbp-officer-jacob-albarado-runs-into-uvalde-school-with-barbers-shotgun-to-save-daughter/

EDIT TO ADD:  He took his barber's shotgun when he got the news in the barber's chair.

No 4473.  No background check on that private party firearms transfer.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2022, 02:19:18 PM »
Some animals are more equal.

Off-duty Border Patrol officer enters Uvalde elementary school and evacuates his family rather than facing gunman.

In the meantime, Uvalde PD are arresting and detaining parents of other children wanting to do the same thing or confront the gunman.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/27/cbp-officer-jacob-albarado-runs-into-uvalde-school-with-barbers-shotgun-to-save-daughter/

EDIT TO ADD:  He took his barber's shotgun when he got the news in the barber's chair.

No 4473.  No background check on that private party firearms transfer.

"I did what I was trained to do."

CBP trains their officers to just rescue their families? Interesting how the article hails him as a hero.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2022, 02:50:10 PM »
    A Texas official now says that the door that the shooter used to enter the school was propped open by a teacher. pic.twitter.com/bYWvHIBXqB

— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) May 27, 2022
:facepalm:

and

DPS Director McGraw confirms a school resource officer was not originally on campus before the shooting but could not explain why that was the case.

— Julio Rosas (@Julio_Rosas11) May 27, 2022

and

BREAKING: DPS says *19* officers were on scene when gunman was inside but officers thought they didn’t have enough resources.

The officers treated it as a barricaded subject situation NOT as an active shooter—despite 911 calls from inside reporting shots fired @SpectrumNews1TX

— Alex Stockwell (@alexrstockwell) May 27, 2022

And

On 40 minute delay in police engaging the suspect inside Robb Elementary School, officials say, "a decision was made that this was a barricaded subject…there was time to retrieve the keys."

"From the benefit of hindsight…it was the wrong decision." https://t.co/q812K5OQTv pic.twitter.com/59SMt32ElZ

— ABC News (@ABC) May 27, 2022

And

DEVELOPING: The tactical team that eventually killed the Uvalde gunman arrived at the school far earlier than previously known, but was told to hold back and not go in by local police, according to two officials familiar with the response

w/ @esullivannythttps://t.co/JnazQb3998

— J. David Goodman (@jdavidgoodman) May 27, 2022

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/05/27/texas-dps-door-used-by-shooter-was-propped-open-by-a-teacher-says-on-site-commander-made-the-wrong-decision/

Me right now

https://i.imgflip.com/bjh31.jpg
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2022, 03:07:04 PM »
That's an LEO circle jerk.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2022, 03:08:29 PM »
Fortunately, our leaders know exactly how to fix this horrible problem with police training and procedures: ban body armor and guns, so the only people with body armor and guns will have all the body armor and guns they need, for the dangerous job of arresting disarmed, unarmored parents.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2022, 03:39:55 PM »
Washington Post has got Daniel Defense now.

They donate to republicans!
The horror!

‘Who WRITES this sh*t?!’ WaPo BREAKING big story about maker of rifle used in Uvalde donating to Republicans *GASP* does NOT go well
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/27/who-writes-this-sht-wapo-breaking-big-story-about-maker-of-rifle-used-in-uvalde-donating-to-republicans-gasp-does-not-go-well/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2022, 05:10:44 PM »
Looking at aerial views and some crude sketches of the school plan I have seen on-line, it strikes me that an armed assault through the classroom door wasn't even necessary. This school more than likely had windows, and it's a one-story building. Set up a sniper team where they can get a view of the bad actor. Three-person team. When the designated shooter has a shot, two others fire (shotguns?) to break the glass, followed by the designated shooter taking out the bad actor.

If the windows are small and the bad actor is pacing around -- set up multiple teams, from different vantage points.

If the SEALS could take out three Somali pirates shooting at a bobbing lifeboat from the deck of a ship at sea, a police sniper should be able to take out a teen-age punk at a distance of probably 50 yards or less.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2022, 05:48:03 PM »
Looking at aerial views and some crude sketches of the school plan I have seen on-line, it strikes me that an armed assault through the classroom door wasn't even necessary. This school more than likely had windows, and it's a one-story building. Set up a sniper team where they can get a view of the bad actor. Three-person team. When the designated shooter has a shot, two others fire (shotguns?) to break the glass, followed by the designated shooter taking out the bad actor.

If the windows are small and the bad actor is pacing around -- set up multiple teams, from different vantage points.

If the SEALS could take out three Somali pirates shooting at a bobbing lifeboat from the deck of a ship at sea, a police sniper should be able to take out a teen-age punk at a distance of probably 50 yards or less.

I guess the first problem with all of that is there were children in the room. The second is that there may have been blinds or shades down. Also, firing shotguns (at long range) into a room with children inside. Also, wouldn't the shotgun blasts and breaking glass induce the bad guy to take cover, possibly behind one of those children that (I may have already mentioned) were in the room being fired into?

Lastly, a lot of children could be laid waste while getting this team in place. (There were children in that room.)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2022, 05:59:04 PM »
Gov Abbott says he was mislead and "is livid".

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/27/greg-abbott-texas-uvalde-shooting/

Talked to a friend who's brother works in the state capital. He says that "livid" is a laughable understatement. Apparently Hizzoner the Gov is preparing to go full-on bitch slap mode with a few folks.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2022, 06:04:53 PM »

Talked to a friend who's brother works in the state capital. He says that "livid" is a laughable understatement. Apparently Hizzoner the Gov is preparing to go full-on bitch slap mode with a few folks.

Brad

It was a very un-Texan response to a threat to Texan children.  Something I'd expect from an Oregon PD. 
--Lysander Spooner

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2022, 06:10:57 PM »
Even if all the shooting was done how many children could have been saved if an immediate response allowed quicker trauma care? And it should have been immediate the events outside of the school clearly indicated a big problem.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2022, 06:34:26 PM »
Even if all the shooting was done how many children could have been saved if an immediate response allowed quicker trauma care? And it should have been immediate the events outside of the school clearly indicated a big problem.

Yep.  Looks like there were no lessons learned from the Florida Parkland murders both with their security and with the police response.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2022, 06:37:01 PM »
An anonymous donor donor is covering funeral costs

Greg Abbott says the state is offering free mental health care services and an anonymous donor has provided $175,000 to cover funeral costs.

Announces a One Star Foundation fund collecting donations for victims and their families to cover expenses going forward

— Dan Carson (@TheDoctorCarson) May 27, 2022
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/05/27/gov-greg-abbott-says-he-was-misled-by-law-enforcement-officials-bonus-deleted-tweet-from-rex-chapman/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2022, 07:06:18 PM »

Another article from the same publication:
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/27/uvalde-school-shooting-texas-teachers/

“People who have never taught before, make policies that affect every moment of my day, she said. “Right now, that’s really what cuts me the deepest.”

Not to seem unsympathetic, but it wasn't a person who had never taught before who left the door open for the shooter to walk in. It was a teacher -- one of your own.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2022, 07:30:56 PM »
Another article from the same publication:
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/27/uvalde-school-shooting-texas-teachers/

Not to seem unsympathetic, but it wasn't a person who had never taught before who left the door open for the shooter to walk in. It was a teacher -- one of your own.
There should be dire legal consequences for that teacher who left the door open.

And based on what's come out in the last 24 hours, there are a bunch of LEOs who at a bare minimum should never, ever, be allowed to carry a badge again.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2022, 07:40:29 PM »
So much for Schumer saying no gun bills
Lying sack of *expletive deleted*it
Shocked? - No
Disappointed? - Yes

Chuck Schumer To Schedule Universal Background Check & Registry Vote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7O6L5VFxb8
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2022, 08:10:33 PM »
An anonymous donor donor is covering funeral costs
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/05/27/gov-greg-abbott-says-he-was-misled-by-law-enforcement-officials-bonus-deleted-tweet-from-rex-chapman/

This Rex Chapman guy - I'm sure the grieving families are not at all worried about paying for funerals and travel expenses, and just want the governor to start working on gun laws that won't bring back the dead, and wouldn't even go into effect anytime soon (as if he could even get such laws in Texas).

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2022, 08:50:21 PM »
It's not gun control it's gun safely
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 07:58:11 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2022, 09:51:37 PM »
This is my safety 👍.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG