Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 24598 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2022, 10:30:20 PM »
Harris calling calling for a ban
Shocker
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2022, 11:23:03 PM »
Time to sell a couple of handguns and buy a Ruger Mini-14 (and maybe a Mini-30 while I'm at it).

Are the newer Mini-14s any less inaccurate than the old ones?

If you do, try to set aside extra for the A-Team folding stock.   =)
https://shopruger.com/Ruger-Mini-14-A-TM-Folding-Stock/productinfo/13006/

Not a bad idea, but there is no guarantee any legal action will exclude them.  I guess if you keep some 5 or 10 round mags, it may not draw attention.

I wouldn't mind getting on with a threaded barrel, but in general they cost quite a bit. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2022, 12:38:20 AM »
If you do, try to set aside extra for the A-Team folding stock.   =)
https://shopruger.com/Ruger-Mini-14-A-TM-Folding-Stock/productinfo/13006/

Nope. If I get one, it will be a bare bones model with a wood stock, so it looks as traditional and un-scary (that's a technical term) as possible.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zahc

• friend
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2022, 07:56:58 AM »
Father of Uvalde Shooter: ‘I Don’t Want Them Calling Him a Monster… They Don’t Know Nothing’
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/father-uvalde-shooter-dont-want-calling-monster-dont-know-nothing/

Some odd statements in this about not having enough clothes and him wearing the same pants every day.  Considering he bought an expensive AR prior to the shooting, he could afford a few pair of pants.  He may have been referring to something from years before. 

I think we ought to lynch the “parents” very publicly for those statements. If there is anything we are sick and tired of hearing it’s the “no no he was a good boy” *expletive deleted*it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2022, 09:24:25 AM »
    There is NO constitutional right to own a gun. That was literally made up by 5 GOP Justices in 2008 decision of DC v Heller. We need to make overturning Heller a cause like the right made overturning Roe v Wade. My @MSNBC https://t.co/4K6mhc38bi

— (((DeanObeidallah))) (@DeanObeidallah) May 28, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/29/you-stupid-or-somethin-dean-obeidallah-declares-theres-no-constitutional-right-to-own-a-gun-and-lol-weve-never-seen-so-much-backfire/

Yeah......About that
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2022, 09:33:58 AM »
I did a quick scan before my eyes started to glaze over but noticed they even manage to drag both race and Trump into it

That's what I was gonna post. DD=Orange Man!!!!

The MSM articles coming out have some ridiculous *expletive deleted*it in them trying to make DD the devil, which of course they would do if it was a Sig, S&W, BCM, etc.

It's like a "six degrees of separation" game with them looking for connections to "bad stuff".

EDIT: I see at the end of the story they mention his other rifle, "A Smith & Wesson assault-style rifle". I haven't seen the DD called "assault-style", only "assault". I'm assuming the S&W is one of the M&P15 models.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2022, 09:40:12 AM »
The conversation the libs and dems don't want to have

White: Focusing on Cultural Pathologies That Lead to Mass Shootings Reveals Difficult Truths…So Instead, We Talk About Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/white-focusing-on-cultural-pathologies-that-lead-to-mass-shootings-reveals-difficult-truths-so-instead-we-talk-about-guns/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #210 on: May 29, 2022, 09:43:50 AM »
The conversation the libs and dems don't want to have

White: Focusing on Cultural Pathologies That Lead to Mass Shootings Reveals Difficult Truths…So Instead, We Talk About Guns
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/white-focusing-on-cultural-pathologies-that-lead-to-mass-shootings-reveals-difficult-truths-so-instead-we-talk-about-guns/

It's not just that they don't want to have the conversation. The far left actively attacks family structure. They literally push that a man, woman, and 2.5 kids is patriarchal, racist, and evil. They believe that families destroy society rather than cement it together. It takes a village.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #211 on: May 29, 2022, 11:10:06 AM »
I wonder how hard it would be for someone with enough government power to research teens which have been "problems" around talking about school shootings, and then groom them and provide them weapons? One would think that there would be leaks, unless, of course, there are enough true believers in the end game, and any tactic to achieve it is good, involved...

But that's crazy talk.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2022, 11:34:33 AM »
It's not just that they don't want to have the conversation. The far left actively attacks family structure. They literally push that a man, woman, and 2.5 kids is patriarchal, racist, and evil. They believe that families destroy society rather than cement it together. It takes a village.

Well, the village is obviously failing to do its job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #213 on: May 29, 2022, 11:36:13 AM »
Well, the village is obviously failing to do its job.

Or is it?
First steps are usually infiltrate then disrupt from within the society you wish to over throw.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2022, 11:48:31 AM »
Or is it?
First steps are usually infiltrate then disrupt from within the society you wish to over throw.

Different job. (Point taken.)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2022, 11:50:24 AM »
Timeline: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/new-timeline-of-texas-school-shooting-includes-student-911-calls-as-officers-wait-outside/ar-AAXOsLp

Disgraceful. They had police hunkered down in the hallway for AN HOUR while kids were dying in the classroom.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2022, 11:57:26 AM »
Another attempt at trying to turn the police response into a race issue

No WORDS: Jonathan Turley SHREDS blue-check prof asking if Uvalde children died because police didn’t give a damn about a ‘predominately brown’ school
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/29/no-words-jonathan-turley-shreds-blue-check-prof-asking-if-uvalde-children-died-because-police-didnt-give-a-damn-about-a-predominately-brown-school/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #217 on: May 29, 2022, 12:00:06 PM »
Timeline: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/new-timeline-of-texas-school-shooting-includes-student-911-calls-as-officers-wait-outside/ar-AAXOsLp

Disgraceful. They had police hunkered down in the hallway for AN HOUR while kids were dying in the classroom.

I was willing to give some benefit of doubt given that a suspected hostage/barricaded subject situation has different ROEs than an active shooter situation. But with cops right outside the door (some reports had me thinking cops were outside the school, rather than outside the classroom) hearing gunfire, and constant 911 calls coming from the classroom, it makes it hard to give that benefit of the doubt. More information keeps coming in, though.

I didn't see any of the 911 calls from the transcript specifically say, "he's shooting us" or similar. They all said "send help". Are there any transcripts where the students/teachers actually said, "he's killing us" on the 911 calls? That would be pretty damning.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 12:42:44 PM by Ben »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2022, 12:13:13 PM »
Has anyone seen anything yet about the first lawsuits being filed?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2022, 12:54:48 PM »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2022, 01:24:13 PM »
Leaving this additional information from Breitbart here.  Cannot attest to its veracity.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2022/05/26/exclusive-police-initially-lacked-ballistic-shield-needed-to-reach-barricaded-texas-school-shooter/

Immaterial. Ever since Columbine (1999) the training has been that the first officer on the scene of a school shooter goes in and engages the shooter. Here they had 19 officers inside the building, and they waited for a HOUR before going in. And they only went in at that time because the Border Patrol guys ignored the school's police chief and went without his approval.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10862769/Federal-agents-DEFIED-Uvalde-police-chiefs-instructions-not-enter-school.html

Disgusting display of police cowardice.

There was a police lieutenant who justified their not going in by saying, "They might have gotten shot." Yes, they might. That's what they signed on for when they pinned on the badge. Every single one of them who held back because they might have gotten shot needs to find another line of work.

The anonymous officer cited in RocketMan's link is nothing but a cry baby. Everything he said was just excuses for not doing their job. The Uvalde school district held an active shooter drill just two months ago. They knew what they were supposed to do ... and when the chips were down, they froze..

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2022, 03:14:49 PM »
Mini-14 is banned in Canada

From 2020
Trudeau announces ban on 1,500 types of 'assault-style' firearms — effective immediately
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-gun-control-measures-ban-1.5552131?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2022, 03:30:16 PM »
Immaterial. Ever since Columbine (1999) the training has been that the first officer on the scene of a school shooter goes in and engages the shooter. Here they had 19 officers inside the building, and they waited for a HOUR before going in. And they only went in at that time because the Border Patrol guys ignored the school's police chief and went without his approval.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10862769/Federal-agents-DEFIED-Uvalde-police-chiefs-instructions-not-enter-school.html

There was a police lieutenant who justified their not going in by saying, "They might have gotten shot." Yes, they might. That's what they signed on for when they pinned on the badge. Every single one of them who held back because they might have gotten shot needs to find another line of work.

The anonymous officer cited in RocketMan's link is nothing but a cry baby. Everything he said was just excuses for not doing their job. The Uvalde school district held an active shooter drill just two months ago. They knew what they were supposed to do ... and when the chips were down, they froze..

The more cop CYA and the more reports we get about the actual timeline of events and the actions of the cops on the scene the worse it looks.\
I WANT to be supportive of police. I find that to be increasingly more difficult to do.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2022, 03:44:50 PM »

No, they need to eat their guns.   :mad:
"It's good, though..."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2022, 04:12:23 PM »
No, they need to eat their guns.   :mad:

Spicy take, but I can't really say you're wrong.