Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 24562 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2022, 01:49:21 PM »
Does NICS really flag an address for a having a prohibited possessor?

I don't think so.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #327 on: June 06, 2022, 09:06:06 AM »
At least one of the victim's families has contacted the same lawyer involved in the Remington Sandy Hook lawsuit and it looks like he's working on getting a lawsuit going.

Will Daniel Defense Get Sued?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6mulY4vuQ
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #328 on: June 07, 2022, 01:34:00 PM »
In new heights of Democrat douchebaggery they are having the 11 year old survivor of the Uvalde school shooting appear before a hearing committee, A traumatized 11 year old who I am sure will break down multiple times from the questions in order to help them further their agenda.

This is a new high in douchebaggery by these scumbag politicians.

I am not sure who is worse, her father for allowing this for their 15 minutes of fame or the committee members for going ahead with it. It's a toss up for me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/still-facing-nightmares-uvalde-survivor-miah-cerrillo-11-will-testify-at-house-hearing-on-guns/ar-AAYaq4n?cvid=93e7bd235aae4fa29aa4d9c56eabbfb0

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #329 on: June 07, 2022, 06:59:27 PM »
My vote goes for the parents. We know the politicrats have no shame. Parents should care more about their offspring.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #330 on: June 07, 2022, 10:15:14 PM »
They probably told the parents that Harvard was a done deal.
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2022, 05:53:19 PM »
Somewhat related:

Sumdood "aggressively" attempted to get into an elementary school in Alabama but was unable to because the doors were locked.  The principal locked down the school.  The resource officer called the police, who shot sumdood.

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americas-news-now/police-shoot-man-aggressively-trying-to-get-into-alabama-elementary-school-official-say-walnut-park-gasden-city-schools-superintendent-tony-reddick-gadsdenetowah-county-emergency-management-agency-lockdown-students-teachers-staff-education-safety

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2022, 06:41:58 PM »
Somewhat related:

Sumdood "aggressively" attempted to get into an elementary school in Alabama but was unable to because the doors were locked.  The principal locked down the school.  The resource officer called the police, who shot sumdood.

https://thenationaldesk.com/news/americas-news-now/police-shoot-man-aggressively-trying-to-get-into-alabama-elementary-school-official-say-walnut-park-gasden-city-schools-superintendent-tony-reddick-gadsdenetowah-county-emergency-management-agency-lockdown-students-teachers-staff-education-safety

Jesus.  What an awful story.  No word on if "aggressive" guy was armed or not.  No word on how he was "aggressive."  Yelling for a particular kid?  Other weird behavior?  Just that cops shot him after SRO called for backup.

Kinda cracks me up that SRO called for backup; no word on if he exchanged any dialogue with, gave orders to, or traded shots with the reported threat.  I half-expect we'll hear that this "hero" hunkered inside behind the safety of a cinder block wall and wasn't involved in any interaction with the reported threat.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #334 on: June 10, 2022, 02:53:09 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/uvalde-cops-knew-kids-were-still-alive-inside-the-school-and-waited-outside-anyway-report

“Heavily armed officers delayed confronting a gunman in Uvalde, Texas, for more than an hour despite supervisors at the scene being told that some trapped with him in two elementary school classrooms were in need of medical treatment, a new review of video footage and other investigative material shows,” Times reporter J. David Goodman wrote, citing footage from officers’ body cameras and documentation compiled after the shooting. “Instead, the documents show, they waited for protective equipment to lower the risk to law enforcement officers.”

“The school district police chief, who was leading the response to the May 24 shooting, appeared to be agonizing over the length of time it was taking to secure the shields that would help protect officers when they entered and to find a key for the classroom doors,” Goodman added.

New excuse I hadn't heard about.  I am really curious how often their SWAT team and other cops use those shields when doing no-knock raids. 
Not to mention that it raises the question of how prepared they were since these shields were not readily available at each school or in their cars.  Also, it was said before they had done a drill not too long prior to this.  I guess that drill was pretty useless.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #335 on: June 10, 2022, 06:24:51 PM »
Be sitting down

Arredondo told the Texas Tribune's @James_Barragan and @zachdespart that he dropped his police and campus radios outside the school seconds after arriving at the northeast entrance of Robb Elementary.

— Chron (@chron) June 10, 2022

The Tribune's report includes claims from the police chief that he had no idea he was in charge of the police response inside the school.https://t.co/fMITOV39p1

— Chron (@chron) June 10, 2022

You're the *expletive deleted*ing Chief!

Uvalde CISD Police Chief Pete Arredondo says ‘he didn’t know he was in charge,’ ditched his radios ‘on purpose’ because of the ‘whiplike antenna’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/10/uvalde-cisd-police-chief-pete-arredondo-says-he-didnt-know-he-was-in-charge-ditched-his-radios-on-purpose-because-of-the-whiplike-antenna-a/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #336 on: June 10, 2022, 10:19:41 PM »
That's kinda like Biden forgetting he is president.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2022, 12:01:15 AM »
Be sitting down

You're the *expletive deleted*ing Chief!

Uvalde CISD Police Chief Pete Arredondo says ‘he didn’t know he was in charge,’ ditched his radios ‘on purpose’ because of the ‘whiplike antenna’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/06/10/uvalde-cisd-police-chief-pete-arredondo-says-he-didnt-know-he-was-in-charge-ditched-his-radios-on-purpose-because-of-the-whiplike-antenna-a/

He also claimed the classroom door couldn't be breached because the frame was reinforced steel (or some such BS).

Nonsense. If it was built like just about every other school in the entire country, the door frames are steel (not "reinforced"), and the doors open out -- to facilitate emergency egress. So they wouldn't have been able to make it open in, even with a battering ram, but a breaching round should have made short work of the lock.

Also, he claims he tried something like 50 keys, and none of them worked. Hello -- he's the CHIEF of the school's police department. He doesn't have a master key?

[Edit to add] https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/retired-police-react-to-uvalde-cisd-chiefs-account-of-school-shooting-response/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 12:23:09 AM by Hawkmoon »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2022, 07:03:02 PM »
This just in:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pete-arredondo-uvalde-schools-police-chief-interview-police-response/?intcid=CNI-00-10aaa3b

Once again, some animals are more equal than others.

About a week after the shooting, department of public safety officials said Arredondo was no longer cooperating with the agency and had not responded to interview requests from the Texas Rangers, the agency's investigative unit.

Arredondo's attorney, George E. Hyde, told the Tribune for Thursday's story that Arredondo could not do an interview on the day the Rangers asked because he was covering shifts for his officers. Hyde said Arredondo is willing to cooperate with the Rangers investigation but would like to see a transcript of his previous comments.

"That's a fair thing to ask for before he has to then discuss it again because, as time goes by, all the information that he hears, it's hard to keep straight," Hyde said.

In other words, Chief Arredondo wants to be sure his story stays consistent. His attorney thinks that's "a fair thing." I wonder if police and prosecutors around the country think it would be fair to provide all suspects with transcripts of their original statements when they are later re-interviewed. After all, "It's hard to keep straight."

An engineer I worked with a long time ago used to advise interns to always tell the truth, because (as he put it) "It's much easier than trying to remember what you told the other guy."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2022, 10:03:53 PM »
Hmmm ...

Not only are shootings at schools not a uniquely American phenomenon ... the number of people killed and injured by attacks on schools in other countries, with other weapons, is staggering:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_attacks_related_to_primary_schools#cite_note-74

FWIW, I am also finding that even this list isn't complete. I have already found three other incidents -- outside of the U.S. -- with multiple victims. And two of them involved GUNZ!!!!

And then, of course, there's Beslan ...

JN01

• friend
« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2022, 12:10:14 PM »
Damn, there is a lot of crazy packed into that list.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2022, 12:13:05 PM »
Damn, there is a lot of crazy packed into that list.

And that's the point. The problem is the crazies, not the GUNZ!!!!! But the politicians don't have an easy answer for dealing with crazies, so it's easier to demonize GUNZ!!!!!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2022, 12:14:34 PM »
And that's the point. The problem is the crazies, not the GUNZ!!!!! But the politicians don't have an easy answer for dealing with crazies, so it's easier to demonize GUNZ!!!!!

We used to have an answer for the crazies
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2022, 12:19:51 PM »
I've pointed out Bath Michigan quite a few times to people who insist this is something now
1927, 44 dead, 58 injured

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2022, 12:23:47 PM »
Count the number times China is on the list
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #345 on: June 12, 2022, 01:14:33 PM »
I've pointed out Bath Michigan quite a few times to people who insist this is something now
1927, 44 dead, 58 injured

Correct. And no GUNZ!!!! involved. Just good, old-fashioned dynamite.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2022, 01:15:14 PM »
Count the number times China is on the list

And, with one exception, none of those involved guns. Just knives, axes, and machetes.

Since 2010, China has seen 90 dead and 473 injured in school attacks. But our politicians and media are telling us that these school attacks only happen in the United States, and that if we just ban GUNZ!!!! they can't ever happen.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2022, 01:25:58 PM »

You are wrong.  They do have a plan for the crazy people, and that plan is keep them on the streets to add chaos and stress to your life.  There are no more mental asylums because of the political desire to reshape our nation; the crazy people are a tool to make the population dissatisfied enough to accept whatever tyranny is presented, because people just want the stressors to stop and once you're stressed far enough you won't be able to think rationally.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2022, 05:42:32 PM »
You are wrong.  They do have a plan for the crazy people, and that plan is keep them on the streets to add chaos and stress to your life.  There are no more mental asylums because of the political desire to reshape our nation; the crazy people are a tool to make the population dissatisfied enough to accept whatever tyranny is presented, because people just want the stressors to stop and once you're stressed far enough you won't be able to think rationally.

Be careful asking for the sanatoriums and asylums to come back, especially in context of involuntary commitment.

They're pushing for the Red Flag stuff already.  No need to combine the two.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

griz

• friend
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »
He was the chief officer for school security, didn't know he was in charge at the scene, dropped his radio since he figured it wouldn't work in the school, and waited for shields and keys.  And that's what he claimed before he lawyered up.  Please explain why Chief Pete Arredondo is still employed.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.