Author Topic: NYC subway shooting, multiple bombs found.  (Read 2318 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: NYC subway shooting, multiple bombs found.
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2022, 02:11:37 PM »
Looks like he used a .22 from what I’ve seen in the pictures the news has shared.

DailyMail.com can confirm that a .380 handgun was found inside the station, along with three extended magazines; one was empty, one was full and a third was jammed in the gun. 

But another article said a 9mm so I don't know

Oh and he was known to the FBI

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10711479/NYPD-searching-man-gas-mask-rush-hour-explosion-shooting.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 02:36:45 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2022, 02:41:05 PM »
I wonder if they have looked to see if he has a brother named Jessie?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2022, 02:43:12 PM »
But another article said a 9mm so I don't know

Technically, .380 is a 9mm (short).
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2022, 02:48:08 PM »
Technically, .380 is a 9mm (short).

Yep

9x17 vs 9x19
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2022, 03:08:41 PM »
Oh and he was known to the FBI

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10711479/NYPD-searching-man-gas-mask-rush-hour-explosion-shooting.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

I've lost track of how many terrorists and mass killers were "known to the FBI," or "had previous contact with authorities." I guess the key to flying under the radar is making sure you get your FBI interview(s) out of the way early. With that behind you, you've got carte blanche.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2022, 03:18:49 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2022, 03:30:03 PM »
I've lost track of how many terrorists and mass killers were "known to the FBI," or "had previous contact with authorities." I guess the key to flying under the radar is making sure you get your FBI interview(s) out of the way early. With that behind you, you've got carte blanche.
They were too busy going after the guys for planning listening to their plan to kidnap the Michigan Gov.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2022, 04:14:31 PM »
Suspect arrested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEEza-iNi_8

When that video opens, in looking in the opened bag I spotted that green coil of waterproof cannon fuse.  I'm betting those red things are either the smoke bombs or M-80 firecrackers as they have that same green fuse as the coil.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2022, 04:45:03 PM »
Gun was purchased legally:

The gun used to shoot 10 people in New York City on April 12 was purchased legally, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

ATF investigators were able to find records that showed Frank James purchased the firearm from a federal firearms licensee in Ohio in 2011, John DeVito, an ATF official, told reporters during a briefing on Wednesday.

Other stuff he had:

The gun, a container carrying gasoline, and a U-Haul key were recovered in a bag left at the scene of the crime. Bank cards, including a debit card issued by a bank in the name of Frank James, were also found.

Another bag contained fireworks.

A storage unit in Philadelphia registered to James was raided. Law enforcement agents recovered 9 mm ammunition and a 9 mm pistol barrel. An apartment rented by James was also raided, with a taser, a smoke canister, and an empty magazine for a Glock handgun located inside.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gun-used-in-brooklyn-subway-attack-was-purchased-legally_4402216.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2022, 05:04:59 PM »
Should I bother to ask conspiracy bro at work why this fake shooter didn't use a ghost gun or an assault weapon with a forearm brace when he didn't shoot the crisis actors?

(I won't ask, because I wouldn't get a straight answer. Just more half-baked ideas.)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2022, 05:23:59 PM »
Has Kamala bailed him out yet?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2022, 05:25:30 PM »
Has Kamala bailed him out yet?
Eventually, one of these people is going to get let back out and then immediately go kill more people.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2022, 06:21:01 PM »
Eventually, one of these people is going to get let back out and then immediately go kill more people.

That would never happen.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2022, 02:10:14 PM »
That would never happen.

IIRC, it already has happened, I think within the last 12-18 months.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2022, 04:59:43 PM »
He got federal charges and no bail. And it is about out of the news cycle already.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2022, 11:01:49 PM »
We have had 'em revolving doored here in STL, and then go out and whack a witness...
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2022, 11:05:46 PM »
We have had 'em revolving doored here in STL, and then go out and whack a witness...

Happened here several years ago. Guy was out on bail when he whacked the primary witness to the first crime.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2022, 11:17:05 PM »
IIRC, it already has happened, I think within the last 12-18 months.

That is the joke.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2022, 02:44:29 PM »
Happened here several years ago. Guy was out on bail when he whacked the primary witness to the first crime.
I was thinking more about a 2nd "mass shooting" or other actual terror incident. 

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2022, 08:34:27 PM »
Despite him making it fairly obvious in his social media postings

A motive for the attack is unclear.

Yeah....

Grand Jury Indicts [Alleged] New York City Subway Shooter Frank James
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/grand-jury-indicts-alleged-new-york-city-subway-shooter-frank-james/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2022, 12:22:43 PM »
In other related news an Obama appointed Fed Judge clears the way for NY to sue gun manufacturers

A federal judge Wednesday dismissed a lawsuit from gun industry groups challenging a New York law that permits civil lawsuits against companies for conduct found to have endangered public safety.
The judge concluded that the New York law did not preempt a 2005 federal law limiting the liability gun manufacturers and dealers can face. Citing an appellate court opinion in a separate case, D'Agostino said the New York law fit within an exception laid out in the federal statute.

Judge tosses challenge to New York law that opens gun industry up to civil lawsuits
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/politics/new-york-civil-liability-law-ruling/index.html

Federal Judge Clears Way For Lawsuits Against Firearms Manufacturers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa99xtmvpOE

And on the heels of that Glock is now being sued

The suit alleges that Glock’s business plan and marketing materials “appeal to prospective purchasers with criminal intent,” though it oddly starts off with a quote from the gun company’s founder Gaston Glock talking about marketing to law enforcement and not law-breakers; “It was a conscious decision to go after the law enforcement market first. In marketing terms, we assumed that by pursuing the law enforcement market, we would receive the benefit of ‘after sales’ in the commercial market.”

The lawsuit goes on to claim that those commercial sales should never have taken place, and that by selling to civilians Glock “chose to disregard the unreasonable risks of the Glock firearm in its marketing strategies.”

Glock sued by New York subway shooting victim
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/01/glock-sued-by-new-york-subway-shooting-victim-n58943

In a sane world this would get tossed out but we're not living in a sane world are we
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 01:47:30 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2022, 05:00:18 PM »
If I ever get hit by a drunk driver I'm by damn gonna sue the car manufacturer. [ar15]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2022, 05:56:56 PM »
And the dealership.