Author Topic: So, when did [i]you[/i] loose trust in NPR?  (Read 502 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: So, when did [i]you[/i] loose trust in NPR?
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2024, 08:25:37 AM »
And the head of the Canadian equivalent to PBS, the CBC, is just as bad if not worse.

Meet the Canadian Katherine Maher: Head of CBC Is EXACTLY as Deranged a Leftist as NPR CEO
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/04/19/meet-canadas-katherine-maher-head-of-cbc-is-exactly-as-deranged-a-leftist-as-npr-ceo-n2395238
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: So, when did [i]you[/i] loose trust in NPR?
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2024, 01:49:50 AM »
I touched on this before...

I started to get "immunized" to the "flexibiity" (ahem, kofff-koff)  of the mainstream media when I got my first short wave radio in the late 70s.

I would listen to the various official newscasts from various nations, and of course they each had their own slant, but when I'd read about the reported event in US newspapers, they were like happening on another planet.  I started to informally catalog these differences in my head, but after a while, I kind of lost interest in the "project" and started to simply assume the US news industry was just plain crooked.

Admittedly,  a lot of my attitude was shaped by the unfair treatment of gun events and laws.

I listen to the NPR/Classical station a lot because of the music, but my immunization is still holding up, mainly because the liberal "virus" hasn't changed. So there's no need for re-immunization like the flu shots every year.

Hmmm.  I kind of like that analogy.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.