Author Topic: Liberal DAs Are Criminals  (Read 10156 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Liberal DAs Are Criminals
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2023, 12:57:27 PM »
I think what's interesting is the number of stories about shenanigans in the USA referred to in APS with links posted out of the U.K.  It's almost as if U.S. media isn't doing their job.

Noticed a long time ago you often have have to go to an overseas news site for news the US MSM often buries.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2023, 03:31:48 PM »
It's almost as if U.S. media isn't doing their job.

It's all a matter of your perspective.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2023, 08:46:20 PM »
I think what's interesting is the number of stories about shenanigans in the USA referred to in APS with links posted out of the U.K.  It's almost as if U.S. media isn't doing their job.

Either that, or the U.S. media are doing their job.

It's all a question of who is paying them, and for what.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2023, 11:59:55 AM »
I think that's what RKL was commenting on.

T he strategy is to disrupt and destroy every aspect of your and my daily life every way they can, big or small, including by letting a known ne'er-do-well back in society to cause more trouble.  Minor, but *expletive deleted*it like that, big or small, adds up.

When everything has been disturbed enough and 50.0001% of people are fed up,  they can hold out Communism as the solution.

Lincoln was misguided.  You don't have to fool all of the people all of the time.  Just 50.0001% of them.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2023, 12:49:02 PM »
I figure it is simply because the leftists ascribe all evils to white people, the patriarchy, Christianity, capitalism, and Western Civilization... and when criminals run amok, it is not really their fault, it is the fault of the filthy white Christian men.  It is unjust to punish murderers, rapists, robbers etc... who really needs punishment is western civilization in general, and white Christian men in particular.

Am I off base here?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2023, 03:13:06 PM »
I figure it is simply because the leftists ascribe all evils to white people, the patriarchy, Christianity, capitalism, and Western Civilization... and when criminals run amok, it is not really their fault, it is the fault of the filthy white Christian men.  It is unjust to punish murderers, rapists, robbers etc... who really needs punishment is western civilization in general, and white Christian men in particular.

Am I off base here?

Nope.  Perfectly outlines the "thinking" process of the brainwashed woke voter.

Never mind how capitalism and its characteristics have made us almost the richest in the world with the near-highest standard of living.  That's just counterganda, not truth.

Every nation has poor, every nation has crime, every nation has corruption every nation has car accidents.  Next time ask them where would they like to move?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2023, 05:16:07 PM »

While your comment was surely "sarcastic", it was also pointedly accurate.
But then, they haven't been "doing their jobs" for over 30 years.
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2023, 11:57:16 PM »
While your comment was surely "sarcastic", it was also pointedly accurate.
But then, they haven't been "doing their jobs" for over 30 years.
  :facepalm:
That all depends on what you think they are getting paid to do.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2023, 08:00:38 AM »
I heard yesterday that KG's counterpart in St. Louis County is running for Congress.

Sigh. Just as woke, not as idiotic.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2023, 10:40:41 AM »
Gascon back in the news

A man suspected of crashing a car going 100mph into an Uber - killing its three passengers - has a lengthy rap sheet and was on probation in a murder case.

Gregory Black, 31, is accused of speeding into the vehicle that killed Juvelyn Arroyo, 23, Veronica Amezola, 23, and Kimberly Izquierdo, 27 at the intersection of South Vermont Avenue and West Century Boulevard in Westmont, Los Angeles.

Black - who is a known gang member with three felony convictions - is said to have run a red light in his white Mercedes-Benz at 5.25am and T-boned the Uber, causing the fatal impact.

The impact was so strong that the black Honda spun around five times and three of its four passengers died.

He was previously released, despite his rap sheet, under LA's 'woke' district attorney George Gascon, who has been slammed repeatedly for his soft-on-crime approach that has seen murderers and child abusers released years early.
Suspect Gregory Black in crash that killed three women was on probation in MURDER case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12463993/Suspect-Gregory-Black-crash-killed-three-women-probation-MURDER-case.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2023, 04:27:24 PM »
You get what you voted for

Los Angeles' District Attorney George Gascon has promoted a self-professed looter to serve as Chief of Staff for the largest prosecutorial office in the country.

George Gascon, who's famed for his progressive views, announced on Friday that he will be assigning Tiffiny Blacknell to the Chief of Staff position in his office.

Blacknell, a former public defender, regularly speaks of her support of defunding the police - referring to LAPD officers as 'barbarians' and claiming they are an 'occupying army'.

The anti-police activist has posed wearing T-shirts saying bold statements like 'the police are trained to kill us' and 'they can't kill us all' in selfies taken for her social media.

The Los Angeles native proudly admitted in a 2020 Facebook post to being a part of LA's notorious 1992 Rodney King riots against police brutality, writing: 'I was a looter in 1992.'
Blacknell is also against prisons - stating 'prison is obsolete. We need to reimagine America without it.'

Her career has been riddled with controversy, and includes a 2020 incident in which she went behind the backs of the prosecutor and victim's family in a gang murder case to negotiate a 'sweetheart' plea deal with the defendant.

Wow, she sounds like a keeper  :facepalm:

Woke LA DA George Gascon's new chief of staff is proud former LOOTER who wants to abolish prisons and defund 'barbarian' police: Backed ransacking of shops during 2020 BLM riots
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12871841/LA-DA-George-Gascons-chief-staff-Tiffiny-Blacknell-riots.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2024, 01:21:46 PM »
Killed a man (died after spending a month in IC)  fleeing police  and released on his own recognizance with $0 bail.
Big surprise, he's now no where to be found.

Los Angeles man no-bailed in deadly police chase caught on video skips court and ghosts lawyer: report
https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles-man-no-bailed-deadly-police-chase-caught-video-skips-court-ghosts-lawyer-report
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2024, 10:21:50 PM »
Killed a man (died after spending a month in IC)  fleeing police  and released on his own recognizance with $0 bail.
Big surprise, he's now no where to be found.

Los Angeles man no-bailed in deadly police chase caught on video skips court and ghosts lawyer: report
https://www.foxnews.com/us/los-angeles-man-no-bailed-deadly-police-chase-caught-video-skips-court-ghosts-lawyer-report

AND, thanks Gov. Jabba the Hutt, IL-ANNOY is also saddled with "no cash bail".  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2024, 09:16:06 AM »
High on weed, and stab your boyfriend 108 times?

Probation and community service.

https://people.com/woman-stabbed-boyfriend-death-byn-spejcher-probation-8549303

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2024, 08:13:06 AM »
But wait, there's more

Four migrants were filmed clobbering two NYPD officers to the ground in Times Square...before being released without bail.

The incident began at around 8:30 p.m. Saturday night on West 42nd Street, as the pair of cops told the violent quartet men to get moving.

That's when a fight started to break out between a suspect in a yellow sweatshirt and the police officers.

According to the NYPD, the migrants then started to attack the officers, kicking them in the head and body while the two officers try to pin down one of the other men, tearing off his sweatshirt.

At around 10:44 p.m. that night, four of them - Darwin Andres Gomez Izquiel, 19, Kelvin Servat Arocha, 19, Juarez Wilson, 21, and Yorman Reveron, 24 - were arrested.

They were all charged with Assault on a Police Officer, Gang Assault, Obstructing Governmental Administration and Disorderly Conduct but were released without bail.

NYPD black and blue: Moment gang of four migrants beats two police officers to ground in Times Square - before being freed without bail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13026689/NYPD-black-blue-Moment-gang-four-migrants-beats-two-police-officers-ground-Times-Square-freed-without-bail.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2024, 11:05:47 AM »
It's pretty crazy how the people in office have the gall to promote criminality, and the people in the community are mindless enough to allow it.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2024, 11:07:01 AM »
It's pretty crazy how the people in office have the gall to promote criminality, and the people in the community are mindless enough to allow it.

And it's never their fault
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2024, 11:28:34 AM »
And it's never their fault

White males and Trump are the real culprits.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2024, 11:29:55 AM »
I think things have gotten worse slowly enough that many don't realize quite how bad it is.  And regardless, it isn't happening to most of them personally or where they see it.  Too busy buried in their phones or personal lives to pay attention to society in general.  Plus, who believes everything you see on the news (if it makes the news). 

It seems to me that a lot of people out there either have short memories or never take time to think about past vs present. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2024, 12:45:39 PM »
Laticha Bracero, 42, and her daughter Alyssa Cordova, 21, were leaving a Drake concert in St. Louis, Missouri on February 14 when driver Monte Henderson, 22, allegedly plowed into them at the intersection.

Two other teen girls and a 61-year-old woman were also injured in the crash, which saw Henderson collide with several other vehicles as he blew through the lights.

Police say he was speeding at over 70mph when he allegedly caused the tragedy.

However, Judge Annette Llewellyn ignored a probable cause statement arguing he is a danger to the community, allowing him to be freed on a $20,000 bail, according to STL Today.
Reported court records showed he was freed two days later after posting 10 percent of his $200,000 bond.

He promised to be a good boy. Bet donuts to donuts he'll never show up.

'Killer' St Louis driver is FREED on bond after running red light and plowing into mom and daughter who both died as they left Drake concert
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13127419/drake-fans-killed-struck-car-st-louis.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2024, 10:39:57 AM »
Jewelry Store Robber Shot by Employee, Released Without Charges by Police
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/02/26/jewelry-store-robber-shot-by-employee-released-without-charges-by-police-n1223964

According to CWB Chicago's sources, prosecutors contend that the robber wasn't visibly displaying a weapon or directly threatening the employees of the store and say he was possibly trying to run away from the shop when he was shot in the buttocks and abdomen.

Okay, but NO charges?

Under Illinois law, deadly force can be justified to prevent the commission of a forcible felony, and both burglary and robbery are among those crimes that meet the statutory definition, so it appears, at least at first glance, that the armed citizen who fired at the robber would have been justified in doing so... at least if prosecutors determine that he was, in fact, trying to rob the joint and not engaged in an act of retail theft.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2024, 11:20:45 AM »
I'm going to regret asking this, but in the context of a jewelry store in Chicago, how is "retail Theft" not "trying to rob the joint"?  Value of the *expletive deleted*it stolen?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2024, 03:01:16 PM »
I have a faint hope that things are turning around; that the excesses of "liberalism" are finally becoming obvious to many.

I don't pay much attention to our (Colorado's) Governor, but from the little I hear out of the corner of my ear I think he's sounding ever a bit more conservative.  I think what's starting to turn some "Liberals" around are the obvious negative consequences of dealing with so many of the so-called "migrants."

Migrant workers to help with seasonal farming demands for labor is one thing but calling all those "refugees" (ha!) and "asylum seekers" (ha-ha-ha!) "migrants" tends to enhance their legitimacy.  Despite the fact that the dot-gov fiddly-farted around with the definitions of asylum and refugees to legitimize their presence, "migrants" nowadays are destroying our country, no two ways about it.

Perhaps the pain of cutting off our own testicles in the name of liberal "nobility" is starting to be felt.

Terry, 230RN

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2024, 05:14:26 PM »
I'm going to regret asking this, but in the context of a jewelry store in Chicago, how is "retail Theft" not "trying to rob the joint"?  Value of the *expletive deleted*it stolen?

The difference is robbery involves violence or threat of violence.  (and burglary involves trespass)  Shoplifting is just theft and is a lesser (non-violent) crime.  The value of the *expletive deleted*it stolen determines how serious it is, but generally deadly force is not justified to stop a thief but is to stop a robber and can be against a burglar.

I think there can be "aggravated theft" where the thief possesses a deadly weapon at the time of the theft but does not display or use it.
"It's good, though..."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #74 on: February 29, 2024, 10:33:42 AM »
"Aggravated," "trespass," "weapons displayed," "weapons not displayed..."

Feh.  Feh, say I.

Get lawyers on it and draw all kinds of fine points, but that's what lawyers do.

Numeration and verbiage varies, but there's a simpler rubric:

"VII. Thou shalt not steal."

G-d said it, and He ain't takin' it back.

Terry, 230RN