Author Topic: Bottomless pit  (Read 2767 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Bottomless pit
« on: September 14, 2023, 07:50:54 PM »
Washington state burns through $143 million in a little over a year to house the homeless
870 of the homeless got housed, 714 of those stayed.
That's $165,000 per person.
Now they now want more money
Yeah.......

Now supposedly that included removing the homeless camps but $165,000 per person?

Blue state's $143 million homeless program got less than a thousand people housed. Now governor wants more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/blue-states-143-million-homeless-program-less-thousand-people-housed-governor-wants-more
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Re: Bottomless pit
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 08:16:21 AM »
Washington state burns through $143 million in a little over a year to house the homeless
870 of the homeless got housed, 714 of those stayed.
That's $165,000 per person.
Now they now want more money
Yeah.......

Now supposedly that included removing the homeless camps but $165,000 per person?

Blue state's $143 million homeless program got less than a thousand people housed. Now governor wants more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/blue-states-143-million-homeless-program-less-thousand-people-housed-governor-wants-more
The money wasn't thrown into a bottomless pit - it ended up in someone's pocket.

Public funds were converted into private profits. Which was the entire point. "Helping the homeless" was only a smokescreen. Exactly like SO much OTHER public spending.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 09:22:31 AM »
Sometimes I think they should just look at all the wealthy people who have money parked in charitable foundations as a tax dodge and just confiscate that money.  But then I don't want the govt doing either one. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 10:01:55 AM »
Liberal methodology.

1. Throw money at the problem.

2. Complain that the problem hasn't been solved because not enough money was allocated to address the problem.

Go to 1.

There's no problem so severe that it can't be drowned in a sea of pointless funding.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 12:30:07 PM by K Frame »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 10:17:16 AM »
We like to call it the homeless industrial complex here in the Seattle area.  Metric tons of money are spent with little visible results.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 11:21:38 AM »
They're doing what they do best. They're buying votes.... With other peoples money. >:D

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2023, 11:25:26 AM »
The money wasn't thrown into a bottomless pit - it ended up in someone's pocket.

From a tax payer's prospective it is
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2023, 12:24:20 PM »
From a tax payer's prospective it is
Aren't you cute - a prole who thinks he's entitled to have a perspective.    :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2023, 12:35:48 PM »
I see spell check got me again!

Give me prospective perspective or give me...ooooh, donuts.
- Calvin and Hobbes