Author Topic: How to Handle Road Blocking Protestors  (Read 2032 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
How to Handle Road Blocking Protestors
« on: June 20, 2022, 09:54:01 AM »
The Italians don't put up with that crap.  :rofl:

Not that it lasted long, but it was good to see people not putting up with that stuff. I would imagine that if citizens in the US did this, they would face some kind of lawsuits or legal ramifications for assault or something.

https://youtu.be/fUG-mjZV46A
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: How to Handle Road Blocking Protestors
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 10:07:50 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 10:16:16 AM »

Somebody hates Illinois Nazis.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 10:19:16 AM »
Somebody hates Illinois Nazis.

I don't care what state they're from
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 10:26:40 AM »
I expected the truck on the right to engage Steamroller Mode at any moment.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 11:17:43 AM »
That banner looks like cloth.  Wonder if it would be legal to tie them to the guardrail with their own banner?  Maybe just wrap one of them up in it like a mummy and dump them in the ditch.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »
This is how you deal with that bullshit...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 01:01:25 PM »
The guy in shorts needs a roll of gorilla tape
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 01:54:20 PM »
The problem here is there is just not enough normal people that just want to get on with life. The protesters most likely meet some dude in a dodge truck that is on their same autistic rainbow, just a different side.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2022, 01:55:34 PM »
I wonder how much trouble you would get in if you zip tied them to the guardrail?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2022, 02:14:13 PM »
Some of the comments illustrate a major problem in this country - YOU will get in trouble if you do anything. Who will go after you? THE POLICE, THAT'S WHO!

Is it any wonder that societal support for the boys in blue is seeing a steady decline, largely due to politicians who order the cops to do either nothing or the wrong thing?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2022, 03:46:50 PM »
There is a non posting member of this board who is working on flame throwers on the bumper. I personally would consider bear spray or even a well deployed dry chemical fire extinguisher.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2022, 05:02:26 PM »
Might be hard to see using the dry chem.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2022, 05:50:35 PM »
There is a non posting member of this board who is working on flame throwers on the bumper. I personally would consider bear spray or even a well deployed dry chemical fire extinguisher.

I seem to remember a company in South Africa actually selling flame thrower kits for cars
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2022, 05:53:46 PM »
Flamethrower now an option on S. African cars
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812/11/flame.thrower.car/

video

SOUTH AFRICA: FLAME THROWING DEVICE TO COMBAT CAR JACKING (V)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2022, 10:00:39 AM »

There are dozens and dozens of non-lethal crowd control options but they never seem to get used when it would be appropriate.
Hell, a couple of simple truck mounted water cannons would have done wonders in most of the summer riots we saw a couple of years ago.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2022, 01:13:10 PM »
There are dozens and dozens of non-lethal crowd control options but they never seem to get used when it would be appropriate.
Hell, a couple of simple truck mounted water cannons would have done wonders in most of the summer riots we saw a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately, we choose to be crippled by our past. No one wanted to be compared to Bull Connor, regardless how specious the charge would be.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 10:37:10 AM »
I wonder how much trouble you would get in if you zip tied them to the guardrail?

I thought tossing that dude over the guardrail was a better solution

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2022, 11:14:07 AM »
Re the flamethrower:

"The first buyer, Police Superintendent David Walkley of Johannesburg's crime intelligence unit, is satisfied the Blaster is legal, provided it is used correctly.

'It depends entirely on the circumstances and whether you can justify self-defense,' he said.

'Yes, there are certain risks in using it, but there are also risks in not having anything at all.' "

Variation:  "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it."  :rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2022, 11:38:40 AM »
Under Barrel Flamethrower on a Mk18: The Pulsefire by Exothermic Technology
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/S-E6B0WBszI

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2022, 12:51:34 PM »
Under Barrel Flamethrower on a Mk18: The Pulsefire by Exothermic Technology
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/S-E6B0WBszI

That must be new. I have the regular Pulsefire. If they had that one when I bought mine, I woulda got that instead. Then the neighbors could really roll their eyes every time I burn brush piles.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2022, 01:32:22 PM »
^^^After watching that video, I am envious.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2022, 02:16:25 PM »
As I am sure you noticed, take care in high winds. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2022, 04:02:37 PM »
That must be new. I have the regular Pulsefire. If they had that one when I bought mine, I woulda got that instead. Then the neighbors could really roll their eyes every time I burn brush piles.  =D

That is pretty slick.  Going to add that to the want list.  I wonder if it would mount to a... never mind.

What is it with people idiots still taking videos with their phones in portrait mode?  Especially when it's to demonstrate a product they are selling.  Hell, even few commercial video and TV stations are sometimes cropping video to look like portrait-mode cell phone video.  They must think it looks edgy or fashionable or something.  Take your stupid videos in 16:9 or 16:10 mode for cryin' out loud!  It looks better and every smart phone on the planet can do it.

Okay, I'll quiet down and go back to sleep.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2022, 04:05:57 PM »
What is it with people idiots still taking videos with their phones in portrait mode?  Especially when it's to demonstrate a product they are selling.  Hell, even few commercial video and TV stations are sometimes cropping video to look like portrait-mode cell phone video.  They must think it looks edgy or fashionable or something.  Take your stupid videos in 16:9 or 16:10 mode for cryin' out loud!  It looks better and every smart phone on the planet can do it.

Okay, I'll quiet down and go back to sleep.

I'm right there with you. Ought to be a special place in hell for those people.  :old:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams