Author Topic: How to Handle Road Blocking Protestors  (Read 2036 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: How to Handle Road Blocking Protestors
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2022, 04:24:51 PM »
What is it with people idiots still taking videos with their phones in portrait mode? 

What's funny, IIRC, is when smartphone cameras first became "the thing" you would be made fun of as a luddite if you didn't use portrait mode. I was made fun of a lot.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 04:49:12 PM »
^ You sure it was because of that?  Roffle.

I agree with the neggies on portrait mode.

I've "grown out of it," but I used to kind of make a grab for my mouse to scroll the image to each side.  Finally realized what I was doing and quit that.

I wonder if those a-holes blocking traffic ever gave any consideration to the possibiity that they may be blocking access to things like Doctor's appointments, baby delivery, etc? Apart from minor things like getting to work on time, funerals....

However, with all the BS coming out of the seat of our government, it's pretty minor.

Hm.  New meaning for "seat of our government." 

In the Court of Righteousness, as opposed to a Court of Law, I think maybe more extreme measures besides just physically dragging them to the side of the road might be justified.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 05:04:45 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2022, 06:42:17 PM »
That is pretty slick.  Going to add that to the want list.  I wonder if it would mount to a... never mind.

What is it with people idiots still taking videos with their phones in portrait mode?  Especially when it's to demonstrate a product they are selling.  Hell, even few commercial video and TV stations are sometimes cropping video to look like portrait-mode cell phone video.  They must think it looks edgy or fashionable or something.  Take your stupid videos in 16:9 or 16:10 mode for cryin' out loud!  It looks better and every smart phone on the planet can do it.

Okay, I'll quiet down and go back to sleep.

Vertical Video Syndrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2picMQC-9E
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2022, 12:20:35 AM »
The aholes blocking traffic HOPE that there is a serious medical problem. Or a fire. Because that will raise awareness of their protest.
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2022, 12:23:15 AM »
That's a cute toy.

A real flammenwerfer will get it down into the enemy's bunker.

They used to rent 'em at Knob Creek.
Blog under construction

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2022, 07:25:20 AM »
Seems to me it would be easy to rig a cigarette lighter or BBQ lighter refill tank with a Piezoelectric igniter, trigger/valve and a handle-able housing.  Would have to dope out a way to make sure a stream of liquid Flammenstoffe (LPG) came out instead of gas.

Either freeze 'em or cremate 'em, or both.  >:D

I kinda got the idea from a BBQ lighter, 'cept they're rigged to jet gas instead of the liquid Flammenstoffe and the enclosed tanks are too small.  And by then I'd taken up apartment living and had given up my machine shop.

Oh, and I got a CCW, obviating the necessity for eine Flammenwerfergerät like this.

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it, since I suspect it would come under the AOW category.  :cool:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:01:23 AM by 230RN »

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2022, 10:13:12 AM »
Seems to me it would be easy to rig a cigarette lighter or BBQ lighter refill tank with a Piezoelectric igniter, trigger/valve and a handle-able housing.  Would have to dope out a way to make sure a stream of liquid Flammenstoffe (LPG) came out instead of gas.

Either freeze 'em or cremate 'em, or both.  >:D

I kinda got the idea from a BBQ lighter, 'cept they're rigged to jet gas instead of the liquid Flammenstoffe and the enclosed tanks are too small.  And by then I'd taken up apartment living and had given up my machine shop.

Oh, and I got a CCW, obviating the necessity for eine Flammenwerfergerät like this.

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it, since I suspect it would come under the AOW category.  :cool:
The last I heard, flamethrowers are not Federally regulated.   >:D

When I was a kid we - errr, I mean some other kids whose names I've long forgotten - made a flamethrower with a compressor and a modified paint sprayer, Ignition was via an old spark coil, and the fuel was gasoline thickened appropriately with Fels naphtha soap. It worked pretty well, but wasn't exactly portable. And amazingly, it didn't blow up and nobody set their hair, clothes, or eyebrows on fire or burned down anything important like a home or garage.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2022, 02:21:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IP5ghs_Uwc

Honest Outlaw posted his full review of the under barrel flame thrower.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2022, 02:00:19 PM »
What is it with people idiots still taking videos with their phones in portrait mode? 

Tik tok and youtube shorts.  People have no attention spa... SQUIRREL!!!!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2022, 10:31:51 AM »
Out oif stock, but you can order them straight from Exothermic. The prices seem to be the same everywhere. I saw that my stupid LGS has a few in stock right now. I wonder if they'd take my standard Pulsefire (which I'm using right quick this morning on road foxtail) in trade?  =D

IIRC showed in stock when I posted.
Got the link from an e-mail I got this morning. Wondering if last night's events caused people to start mass ordering  >:D
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife