Author Topic: Another big SC decision could be forthcoming, West Virginia vs. the EPA  (Read 2043 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
This could effect how most government agencies operate nowadays which is essentially by executive agency fiat. If WV wins that would be ruled unconstitutional. I'm not clear on whether or not this could effect decades of rules and regulations already enacted.

One more blockbuster Supreme Court decision could still be coming even after Friday's abortion ruling
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/one-more-blockbuster-supreme-court-decision-could-still-be-coming-after-fridays-abortion-ruling
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Anyone taking bets on another 6-3 decision?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
Anyone taking bets on another 6-3 decision?

Actually meant to include something along those lines  :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
The leftists are really going to be screaming lol
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
I had figured it was a very long shot to get the SC to undercut federal agencies, but with the recent rulings, maybe not.  Hope they limit the legislative authority of federal agencies at least some. 

Back in the late 90's, Newt Gingrich's House tried to legislate a line item veto for the President.  I was thinking the SC told them they could not delegate legislative powers to the executive branch.  I guess I need to find out 1) if I remember that right and 2) if it was a ruling that has precedent. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
This case decision should also be released very soon and would be of interest to current and future veterans.

https://rollcall.com/2022/03/29/supreme-court-raises-concerns-over-veteran-work-protections/

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
I'm not sure this one will go the way that many of us hope.  The scope of changes necessary government-wide should the ruling go against the EPA would be massive.  Huge upsets to a many different regulatory rice bowls.
Plus, fed.gov does not like to relinquish power once it has gained it.  I'm thinking SCOTUS, being part of fed.gov, would tend to be protective of their administrative partners in crime wherever possible.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
You know what would really be great (and impossible)?  For the court to rule there is no authority for the federal government to have anything to do with fuel or electricity generation at all. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
You know what would really be great (and impossible)?  For the court to rule there is no authority for the federal government to have anything to do with fuel or electricity generation at all.

They got the trusty ol interstate commerce clause to smack you with.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
They got the trusty ol interstate commerce clause to smack you with.

Yeah.  As well all know the interstate commerce clause was written to give the federal government the power to do anything they want. 

;/

(not directed at you)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
The trouble is that massive disruptions of "the system" like this fall right in line with the Communists' strategy of generalized disruption in any way possible, big or small, to get to the "solution" of full scale Communist takeover.

Go ahead, call me crazy.

Boo-wah-hah-hah-haaaaaa....

Ha.

Don't ask me for a solution to this problem.  The solution passed us by many decades ago.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
You may be right. On a related note, when's the last time you disassembled and reassembled an AK-74?
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
The trouble is that massive disruptions of "the system" like this fall right in line with the Communists' strategy of generalized disruption in any way possible, big or small, to get to the "solution" of full scale Communist takeover.

Go ahead, call me crazy.

Boo-wah-hah-hah-haaaaaa....

Ha.

Don't ask me for a solution to this problem.  The solution passed us by many decades ago.

Terry, 230RN
Environmentalists and many Democrats have talked about artificially bumping up the price of gas for years.  Biden is a full on leftist. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
You may be right. On a related note, when's the last time you disassembled and reassembled an AK-74?

Not sure of your relevance.  I know I'm missing your point. I've done my share of "all the parts out on my workbench" gunsmithing, if that's what you mean.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

Terry, 230RN

Gettin tired of this weakling, cop-out blather. I don't know the solution, either, but please don't encourage others to just give up.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
This case decision should also be released very soon and would be of interest to current and future veterans.

https://rollcall.com/2022/03/29/supreme-court-raises-concerns-over-veteran-work-protections/

I don't see how this would affect veterans. The law in question only affects reservists and National Guard. Nonetheless, it comes at a crucial time:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/every-branch-us-military-struggling-meet-2022-recruiting-goals-officia-rcna35078
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
Gettin tired of this weakling, cop-out blather. I don't know the solution, either, but please don't encourage others to just give up.

You've said that before in just about the same words.

I'm sorry if you dislike my pointing out how desperate the situation is or has become.  I wish only to encourage others to regroup and vigorously fight back against the insidious and deliberate attempts to whittle all rights down. 

If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:44:13 PM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
You've said that before in just about the same words.

I'm sorry if you dislike my pointing out how desperate the situation is or has become.  I wish only to encourage others to regroup and vigorously fight back against the insidious, constant, and deliberate attempts to whittle all rights down.   As has been said, the Second Amendment is a litmus test.

If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

Terry, 230RN

Terry, you and your ubiquitous brethren aren't encouraging anyone to fight back. You just said the solution had passed us by. I hear that kind of talk all over the place, and that's what I'm objecting to - the notion that nothing can be done.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
You missed part of my point, which is that the erosion of all rights goes on and on.   There've been (recently) some slight recognition that too many functions of government have been usurped by the Feds.

We may be able to recover 2A rights, maybe even to before 1934.  It's possible.

One of the major stumbling blocks to that recovery is that return to pre-1934 status would be breaking the rice bowls af all the FFL licencees.  I'm amused to think that the current (rumored) attack on FFLs might reduce that resistance to re-establishing gun rights.  On the other hand, it might just establish government outlets for firearms, like liquor stores in some States.

I wish I could remember who noted that buying a gun should be like buying a hammer.  You pays yer money and you takes your hammer home.

Is that blather?  Our opinions differ.

Terry, 230RN

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Not sure of your relevance.  I know I'm missing your point. I've done my share of "all the parts out on my workbench" gunsmithing, if that's what you mean.

It was meant to be a joke about our inevitable communist overlords.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.

+1

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
BOOOM!!!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/supreme-court-deals-biden-climate-agenda-serious-blow-epa-decision

[Forrest Gump voice] "And just like that, our regulatin' days was over." [/Forrest Gump voice]

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
Imagine that, 6-3
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Very clear those 3 read a very different constitution from the other 6
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Now what effect is this going to have on agencies like the ATF etc and existing rules and regs?
- Calvin and Hobbes