Author Topic: America sucks but come enjoy the fireworks anyway  (Read 703 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: America sucks but come enjoy the fireworks anyway
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 12:28:57 PM »
And they're sorry if you were offended

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/03/city-of-orlando-dumps-on-the-4th-of-july-then-tries-to-walk-it-back/

“The city of Orlando sincerely regrets the negative impact our words have had on some in our community. We understand these words offended some of our residents, which was not our intent. We value the freedoms we have in this country and are thankful to the men and women who fought and continue to fight for those. We take pride in celebrating the 4th of July to express our gratitude to those men and women and honor the country we live in.”

But apparently some have issue with the fact an "apology " was issued

https://twitter.com/ChristinaPushaw/status/1543608993016414208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1543608993016414208%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fdougp-3137%2F2022%2F07%2F03%2Fcity-of-orlando-dumps-on-the-4th-of-july-then-tries-to-walk-it-back%2F
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 02:25:35 PM »
Lord knows the GOP is imperfect and many GOP elected officials continue to disappoint . . . but when stuff like this keeps surfacing, I have to wonder . . . how the HELL can ANYONE vote for a democrat?!?!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 11:06:29 AM »
Leftists have very different values than conservatives.
And loyalty sure isn't one their values. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 11:10:28 AM »
Pretty much the same from NPR

This July 4th we break with tradition. Instead of a reading of the Declaration of Independence @NPRinskeep examines what equality means and has meant in this document. Important segment about our past and future...produced by @marcarivers and @bgordemer https://t.co/MxlgNaWpC1
    — Leila Fadel (@LeilaFadel) July 4, 2022
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/07/04/npr-cancels-annual-declaration-of-independence-reading-to-discussequality-n2609721
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 07:11:24 PM »
Happy 4th  from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2022/06/30/how-to-move-out-of-the-us-and-the-best-places-to-escape/?sh=451990775a0f

I also saw that NPR did another 4th of July story on all the military people speaking out on their hate of present day America thanks to SCOTUS.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 07:29:40 PM »
Promises, promises but they never leave.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 07:51:00 PM »
Promises, promises but they never leave.

Where else can you be that stupid and make millions and continuously rip the country that made it possible and not be shot?
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 09:45:00 PM »
And again I see Portugal, which has been popping up a lot recently in lists of good countries for Americans to retire to.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 10:10:02 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if the Fourth of July holiday fell on Independence Day?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction