Main Forums > The Roundtable

Delta Passengers Offered $10,000 Each To Exit Overbooked Flight

<< < (2/2)

ConstitutionCowboy:
If cash, I ought to go book a flight and "volunteer" to be bumped. I need a new band saw and milling machine.

Woody

Ben:

--- Quote from: Nick1911 on July 03, 2022, 08:17:15 AM ---I recall reading that passengers were entitled to cash instead of a voucher if requested.

--- End quote ---

Didn't they actually start that after the United thing zahc mentioned? Seems to ring a bell.

When I traveled a lot for work, I would often get in the volunteer queue for getting bumped, though I was rarely chosen. Depending on what they offered. My minimum was a voucher for CONUS travel. I had a girlfriend in DC for a few years, so it was worthwhile for visits outside of the few times a year I was flying to DC anyway for work. I one time got lucky enough for an "anywhere in the US including AK and HI" voucher.

There were times they couldn't have got me to do a volunteer bump for anything, usually after some exhausting TDY work thing where all I wanted to do was get home and hit the rack for a full day. Otherwise I was always open to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version