Author Topic: The Brittney Griner Thing  (Read 11184 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: The Brittney Griner Thing
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2022, 08:37:21 PM »
If you don't want to be noticed, leave on Friday afternoon rush hour...
Blog under construction

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2022, 08:50:50 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2022, 10:10:59 AM »
She shows disrespect to our nation by kneeling and sometimes not even coming out of the locker room for the Anthem.  Does bode well with most Americans.  Now she’s begging for help because of her stupid mistake so she can fend for herself.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2022, 11:38:39 AM »
Maybe BLM and/or Harris can bail her out.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2022, 01:48:19 PM »
Maybe BLM and/or Harris can bail her out.
I think a planeload of BLM activists would be just the thing to draw attention to her plight - just think of the scene they'd make when their charter flight touched down in Moscow.

They could fly out of Denver, only coincidentally a state where recreational marijuana is legal and readily available.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2022, 02:02:58 PM »
I think a planeload of BLM activists would be just the thing to draw attention to her plight - just think of the scene they'd make when their charter flight touched down in Moscow.

They could fly out of Denver, only coincidentally a state where recreational marijuana is legal and readily available.

Is there a "Go Fund Me" set up for that yet?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2022, 11:42:30 PM »
If you don't want to be noticed, leave on Friday afternoon rush hour...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2022, 08:40:24 AM »
This wasn't her first trip to Russia. She wasn't happy with earning more in the WNBA than 98% of black Americans can ever hope to earn, she was moonlighting during the WNBA off season playing for a team in Russia and being paid millions of dollars for doing so. She knew the cannabis was in her luggage and she knew it was illegal, but she assumed her star status made her immune to the laws.

I have zero sympathy.

First time I've seen her arms with all tha tats. What's the saying? "You can take the gangsta out of the 'hood, but you can't take the 'hood out of the gangsta."

Well the WNBA, like the NFL, is akin to slavery, don't you know.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2022, 08:42:30 AM »
"If she was, with the same charges, labeled a veteran instead of a lesbian sportsball person then a lot of people would be wanting to get her home."

Of course we'd want a veteran back.

As long as that veteran honorably served his/her country.

What has this individual really done?

Trashed her country while being paid millions of dollars?

*expletive deleted*ck her. She can stay in Russia and pay for her crimes, to which she has confessed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2022, 08:51:48 AM »

Of course we'd want a veteran back.

I think what French was suggesting was that we'd want the vet back if they did the same thing she did. Perhaps "we" as a country would, but I wouldn't. I don't care if they were a door kicker in Fallujah, if they come back and start talking about what a crappy country we have* and start doing drugs, and are stupid enough to take drugs to a foreign country, they don't need any special consideration. Just like the vets who tell me that if I want an AR, I should join the military, otherwise I don't get a gun. A jackass is a jackass.

*It's everyone's right to complain about the country, but don't expect special consideration for it based on your background.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2022, 09:07:15 AM »
^^^I agree with Ben.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2022, 09:17:46 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2022, 01:13:32 PM »
In her defense, Griner is a survivor of the War on Women.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2022, 02:21:39 PM »
In her defense, Griner is a survivor of the War on Women.

Please...  ;/

Ted Kennedy has been dead for 13 years now.
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2022, 04:09:47 PM »
Americans Offer To Trade LeBron To Russia For Brittney Griner
https://babylonbee.com/news/americans-offer-to-trade-lebron-to-russia-for-brittney-griner

Upon hearing the news, LeBron immediately cried out in pain and flopped down to the ground.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2022, 04:50:01 PM »
Americans Offer To Trade LeBron To Russia For Brittney Griner
https://babylonbee.com/news/americans-offer-to-trade-lebron-to-russia-for-brittney-griner

I'm pretty sure LeBron would rather go to China.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2022, 11:36:30 AM »
But... but... but... I have a doctor's note!

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brittney-griner-doctors-recommendation-medical-cannabis

Yet another case of foolhardy presumption. "Hey, it's okay where I live so it has to be okay everywhere else!"

Not.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2022, 11:51:42 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/brittney-griner-doctors-recommendation-medical-cannabis

Yet another case of foolhardy presumption. "Hey, it's okay where I live so it has to be okay everywhere else!"

Not.

Brad

- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2022, 01:20:45 PM »

Not.

Brad

A post dated doctor's note, maybe?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2022, 02:44:06 PM »
Yeah, kind of odd we're just now hearing about that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2022, 02:47:49 PM »
Yeah, kind of odd we're just now hearing about that.

Exactly. If it were real, they would have been waving that note on Day 1 to the ruskies and the US Consulate. My guess is, going with the overall theme of the thread, is that she and her handlers figured she'd be breezing through on her celebrity, race, gender, and all the other stuff that works for her in the US, so never even thought about coming up with a defense.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2022, 05:38:45 PM »
Apparently they are working on a deal for her release.

"Wrongfully detained". Says who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvoN3cuptQ

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2022, 05:43:25 PM »

She had diplomatic celebrity immunity.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2022, 07:02:27 PM »

I'm failing to comprehend how Griner is being "wrongfully" detained. She has admitted that she did what she was arrested for doing. How is her detention in any way "wrongful"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2022, 07:07:09 PM »
Evidently now Biden wants to trade Nicholas Cage for Griner and some marine the Russians arrested on espionage charges 5 years ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/27/americas/viktor-bout-profile-intl/index.html

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!