Author Topic: And now, just in time to take your pre-election worries away from the economy...  (Read 1127 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
I wonder about "reinfection".  No data, but just from my circle of friends people that got it once seem to be getting it again, but milder. People that didn't get it yet, still aren't getting it.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
They just keep on flogging that dead horse.

WLJ

• friends
According to twitchy it gave them an excuse to avoid  a possible embarrassing photo-op

The White House has reportedly told Prime Minister Yair Lapid’s office that due to the surge in COVID-19 infections in the US and Israel, the president will refrain from shaking hands.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/12/it-appears-that-joe-biden-is-using-covid-theater-to-avoid-an-embarrassing-photo-op/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 10:23:38 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
I guess it's time to thin out the hospice herd again...
Blog under construction

robear

• friend
Great movie, BTW.

Agreed.   It's amazing how many of Crichton's books were made into good movies (well, mostly good).   This was one of the first.

dogmush

• friend
Is that from Sphere?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Is that from Sphere?

The original 'Andromeda Strain' which to my mind, is much better than the remake.

You can watch it here: https://archive.org/details/the-andromeda-strain-1971

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Other experts point out that, despite being hit by multiple rounds of ever-more-contagious omicron subvariants, the country has not yet seen a dramatic spike in hospitalizations. About 38,000 people were hospitalized nationally with covid as of Friday, according to data compiled by The Washington Post. That figure has been steadily rising since early March, but remains far below the record 162,000 patients hospitalized with covid in mid-January. The average daily death toll on Friday stood at 329 and has not changed significantly over the past two months.

Are those national numbers a big concern compared to other causes?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JN01

• friend
I wonder about "reinfection".  No data, but just from my circle of friends people that got it once seem to be getting it again, but milder. People that didn't get it yet, still aren't getting it.

My son has had Covid three times.

sumpnz

• friend
Are those national numbers a big concern compared to other causes?

Annual total mortality works out to 7500-8000 deaths daily last I looked.

If 329 daily deaths were to hold for the yearly average that would put in between Alzheimer’s and diabetes

Jim147

• friends
My 80-year-old dad decided he needed to come visit the last five days. He lives in a town with an average age around 60. He knows two people who have died with covid. Both over 80 and I know one was stage four terminal. He thinks covid is going to kill everyone.

He did not wear his mask here at the house but he did wash his hands every ten minutes for days. Driving four and a half hours by his old ass is probably more dangerous at this point.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
My son has had Covid three times.

One of my coworkers has had it at least twice, and suspects that he's had it at least two other times.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
LA is talking mask mandates again.
- Calvin and Hobbes