Author Topic: "I 3D-Printed a Glock to See How Far Homemade Guns Have Come"  (Read 289 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
"I 3D-Printed a Glock to See How Far Homemade Guns Have Come"

VICE News: The first-ever shooting competition exclusively for home-assembled firearms—or so-called “ghost guns”—was held in late June at a Florida gun range. These are guns with no serial numbers and thus no easy way for authorities to track down the owner or manufacturer.

The shooting contest was organized by a digital gun building collective called Are We Cool Yet? or AWCY, a group that has been pushing the envelope of what’s possible with 3D-printed arms, including a full-auto submachine gun, a “battle rifle,” and some designs that are totally unique.
Today's 3D-printed "ghost guns" can look, feel, and shoot like factory-made weapons.

To meet these gunmakers and get a true sense of what 3D-printed guns are capable of these days, VICE News correspondent Keegan Hamilton decided to enter the shooting contest in Florida—and build his own ghost gun, a 9mm Glock 19 pistol.

Better than I thought it would be...  ??? :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: "I 3D-Printed a Glock to See How Far Homemade Guns Have Come"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 10:04:31 PM »
Good video.

Like one of the comments said, "This is the best advertisement for 3D printed guns."
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
Re: "I 3D-Printed a Glock to See How Far Homemade Guns Have Come"
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 11:24:01 PM »
I was under the impression many people put their own serial numbers on those guns, but maybe not.  It doesn't really matter as it wouldn't be on anyone's list.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge