Author Topic: This Guy Should Not be a Cop  (Read 740 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
This Guy Should Not be a Cop
« on: July 15, 2022, 09:41:27 PM »
While some information may be missing, the video from inside the hospital seems indisputable:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/15/watch-rochester-police-officer-under-investigation-after-arresting-an-emt-worker-inside-a-hospital/

Basically:

1) Cop apparently parks his car in an ambulance bay.
2) An ambulance rolls in with a patient, and an EMT hits the cop's door while she is opening her door.
3) Cop apparently insists she immediately provide an ID (For what what? I'm sure contact info is painted on the ambulance).
4) EMT refuses to stop treating her patient and takes the patient into the hospital.
5) Cop enters hospital and arrests EMT while she is treating her patient.

This is not someone who should be a cop. Firing him seems more appropriate than administrative punishment.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
Re: This Guy Should Not be a Cop
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 09:45:11 PM »
Fire hell, arrest him.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 09:49:10 PM »
Life would be better if every senior ER nurse had a tranq gun and a blank check to use it.  [popcorn]
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 09:51:19 PM »
Fire hell, arrest him.

I would not be opposed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 09:54:44 PM »
Admit him to a locked ward, and lose the paperwork.

Yeah, I'm an ahole.
Blog under construction

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 11:01:24 PM »
Pissing off the EMT's is a good way to have them not show up when you call them...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 11:06:28 PM »
Charge the cop with whatever you'd charge any shmoe who just walked up and started interfering with life saving medical action.  Attempted murder of the patient might be a stretch but the logical progression is there.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2022, 11:10:58 PM »
WWMTD?
What Would Mike Tyson Do?
Too bad the EMT wasn't Mike
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 11:28:56 PM »
What ever happened to the cops that violently arrested the nurse that refused to perform an illegal blood draw?

I may be remembering wrong but I don't think it was much of anything.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2022, 11:43:09 PM »
What ever happened to the cops that violently arrested the nurse that refused to perform an illegal blood draw?

nurse wubble got a 500,000 dollar payout/cop got "fired" and apparently claims "not my fault"
I'm not sure of how it ended, he probably works for another agency
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/10/12/ex-salt-lake-city-officer/
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2022, 11:49:45 PM »
lots of NY agencies are like this, being a cop and being above the law is a very common sentimentality - good leadership is rare.
My brother is an LT -  about 20 yrs ago he and a bunch of other cops tried real hard to simply give a dui cop from another agency a ride home - but he attacked them/punched and kicked and I'm pretty sure he was the only cop in 30 yrs he had to arrest
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 12:27:21 AM »

He is no longer a police officer. I don't remember if he was fired or if he was allowed to retire.

I think the nurse got a sizeable check from the municipality.

Oops -- Gunsmith beat me to it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2022, 01:07:29 PM »
Reminds me of a story I heard on the radio of a cop who pulled a guy over for speeding - the guy showed that he was a volunteer fire fighter heading towards the station in response to a call, but the cop wasn't impressed and went out of his way to delay him further. Without him, they didn't have a full crew, so the response of the VFD was delayed.

The rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say** . . . is that it turned out the fire was the cop's own house, which ended up burning down completely because HE delayed the response.

Big stink - cop tried to argue that it was the volunteer fireman's fault that he - the cop - delayed the response. That didn't play very well in that town.

** - it was a long time ago and it may have actually BEEN Paul Harvey with this story . . . or maybe not.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2022, 05:43:09 PM »
I'm wore out telling people about bad cops are generally the result of the Libtards forcing police departments to hire according to race and gender.  Did away with height requirements, weight requirements, dumbed down the testing and physical abilities testing and training mostly out the window.  When you are forced to hire cops that shouldn't be cops in the first place, how can you be surprised with what happens because of it?  Set some high standards for who should be cops and you'll have better results.  Doesn't matter what color, gender, race etc you are.  Meet the standards, get the job.

And of course Libtards never admit they are wrong about anything...they just double down.  The double downing is causing all the good police officers to leave for greener pastures because of it.  In my town they are crucifying a good cop for shooting a piece of dreck who did not cooperate when pulled over...and in the ensuing dreck caused violence, the officer lost control of his stun gun, (that didn't work twice on the dreck) and had to shoot the piece of dreck to avoid losing control of his gun due to a stun, who had warrants for car theft, failures to appear, A&B against a woman, 3 DUI's and his BAC was .29.  The DA who is cowtowing to threats from the State Atty Gen and the local radicals charged him with 2nd degree murder.

Videos show the officer losing the struggle...but how dare he tell the drunken felon to submit and lay hands on him when he tried to run away.   Now the Libtards, Marxists and Racial baiters are demanding the PD get defunded by 50% and threatening anyone who disagrees as well as shutting down city weekly meetings with yelling and threats.  2/3 of the City council, mayor and the city manager are all lefties.

Murder is up by 100%, 3 mass shootings, one last night that wounded 4 downtown, other violent crime up, B&Es up, Car theft is an epidemic. etc etc etc.  Our really cool downtown area with a lot of great attractions is now a war zone at night.  That's the cop's fault of course, because they only have enough staff on duty to assign 2 officers down there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 06:37:48 PM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 07:05:34 AM »
"I'm wore out telling people about bad cops are generally the result of the Libtards forcing police departments to hire according to race and gender. "

Washington, DC, in the late 1980s/early 1990s.

They were under a DC court mandate to hire, and they ended up hiring a huge number of people who already had criminal records, or people who went rogue once they got the gun and badge. That was also around the time they switched to Glocks, but virtually eliminated firearms training, meaning officers were carrying guns they didn't know how to use. The rise in "accidental" shootings was spectacular. The rise in lawsuit payouts was incredible.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2022, 09:20:17 AM »
I notice their FacePlace page has the message "Rochester Police Department limited who can comment on this post." do I remember correctly that courts have ruled government entities don't get the luxury of restricting comments on their social media posts? That is, unless they turned off comments from Day 1 and are simply proceeding similarly, or are making edits to remove threats of violence or criminal behavior?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB