Author Topic: My Coffee!  (Read 2350 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
My Coffee!
« on: July 28, 2022, 08:00:26 AM »
Okay, I almost thought I was watching a satire. I'm watching Fox Business right now, where Mike Lindell advertises a lot. I just saw his newest commercial - "My Coffee!"

I'm just cracking up that the guy who wants you to get a good night's sleep with "My Pillow" is also selling coffee.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: My Coffee!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 08:29:49 AM »
So he'll put you to sleep at night, and keep you awake during the day . . . WHAT a caring individual!

BTW, I have a MyPillow and one of his mattress toppers. I like both, but I wouldn't use all the superlatives he does during his sales pitch . . . and the MSRP's are pretty high. Gotta pay for all that advertising! (Got both on sale, the topper for 90% off - plus additional coupon discounts - when Kohl's was closing out his products because the lefties wanted him cancelled.  =D   )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 08:36:23 AM »
I'm one of those people who can drink a whole pot of coffee and immediately go to sleep.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 09:04:21 AM »
So he'll put you to sleep at night, and keep you awake during the day . . . WHAT a caring individual!

BTW, I have a MyPillow and one of his mattress toppers. I like both, but I wouldn't use all the superlatives he does during his sales pitch . . . and the MSRP's are pretty high. Gotta pay for all that advertising! (Got both on sale, the topper for 90% off - plus additional coupon discounts - when Kohl's was closing out his products because the lefties wanted him cancelled.  =D   )

I don't have any of his products. He certainly does the, "Regular price, $499.99, yours today for $29.99!" thing. People that have his stuff seem to like it.

I was only making fun because of the sleep vs coffee thing. I actually hope he does well, very much because of how he was attacked by the left. I understand he gives a LOT of money to charity.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 11:38:31 AM »
I'm one of those people who can drink a whole pot of coffee and immediately go to sleep.
As am I.
Well maybe not a whole pot but at least a mug of good strong brew. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 02:50:06 PM »
I wrote the following about something that happened today, and it needs a home, so here:

One of our salesman decided to class up the joint by bringing in one of the budget-friendly Keurig machines. It’s the kind that has to be refilled every time you make a cup. Early on, I pointed out to him, and one of our other salesmen, that it’s probably best not to fill the machine with water from your well-used but never-washed coffee cup. I even grabbed a Styrofoam cup, and wrote “K-cup water” on the side of it, and left it next to the machine. Problem solved.

Enter Bob (real names changed to protect the unthinking). I like Bob. He’s a nice guy. Bob is well aware of the Special Styrofoam Cup. He knows that it is anointed with the black magic marker, and designated as a pitcher for the K-cup machine. And so he dutifully fills his coffee cup at the water fountain, and then pours that water into the Special Styrofoam Cup, and then into the machine. This morning, he tisked-tisked that someone had thoughtlessly left water in the Special Styrofoam Cup. So he poured that out, and poured in some water from his monkeypox cup.

All I can do is shake my head, and make myself a pot of drip coffee.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2022, 03:11:26 PM »
I had a young male (allegedly) customer the other day who could not figure out how to use a screwdriver to remove and replace license plate screws. Yeah, I think he was REALLY that idiotic. And he drives on the same roads...

Coffee keeps me from chlorinating the gene pool.
Blog under construction

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 03:45:44 PM »
Well on the plus side, if the office Keurig is like any of the Keurigs we used to have, it will die a rather early death.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 05:13:14 PM »
Well on the plus side, if the office Keurig is like any of the Keurigs we used to have, it will die a rather early death.

When they first came out, I jumped on the bandwagon and went through three iterations of not lasting more than a year and gave up. I've long been on the "grind it in the morning" bandwagon for pour over, cowboy, etc. methods.

However this last Christmas, I got one of these newer slim line Keurigs as a gift. While I still like to fresh grind a cup in the morning, I've been using this Keurig for my second or third cup just for convenience. I have to say they have improved and this one seems to be purring right along. Now that they don't take up 30% of the counter space anymore with a ginormous footprint, I  figure I'll continue to keep it set up.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2022, 05:48:55 PM »
I've been using my Keurig very nearly every day since I got it in Feb 2014 and it's still working fine. (Hope I didn't just jinx it . . .  ;) )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 12:02:56 PM »
K-coffee allows me to function without having to complete multiple steps in the proper order first thing in the morning.
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 12:10:11 PM »
K-coffee allows me to function without having to complete multiple steps in the proper order first thing in the morning.

I don't know how your coffee maker works, but with mine, I just set it up the night before. In the morning, I push a couple of buttons.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 01:03:24 PM »
Cuisinart grinder/brewer...

You have to remember to take the old grounds out before making the next batch.
Blog under construction

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 01:46:50 PM »
My wife still uses the same Keurig we got a decade ago.  I attribute the longevity to not using hard water in it.  We almost exclusively use RO filtered water.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 01:49:06 PM »
Cuisinart grinder/brewer...

You have to remember to take the old grounds out before making the next batch.

Too many steps...  :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 03:10:23 PM »
Covfefe good.

Not complikated.
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2022, 05:31:57 PM »
When he bragged about how the production of "MY COFFEE" was "...micromanaged every step of the way...", he completely lost me. Micromanagement BAD!!!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2022, 08:22:21 AM »
Thanks, I'll stick with either Maxwell House or Wegman's house blend.

I'm drinking a cup of Maxwell House right now. Teddy Roosevelt knew what he was talking about.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2022, 09:48:49 AM »
   MAKING COFFEE AT 230RN'S HOUSE

Maxwell House middle.  Middle of everything, strength, blend, middle of day, medium container size.  Getting hard to find Maxwell House middle with the range of variables.

Just "Middle," thank you.

Fixin':

Slide 10-year old $12 ($ 13.44 in yesterday's 30 July dollars, $25.93 in today's 31 July dollars) Chinese coffeemaker away from wall.

Fill reservoir with potful of tap water.

Dump, rinse coffee basket.

Insert filter paper.

Get canister of Maxwell House Middle coffee off shelf.

Spoon 4 1/2 spoons of Maxwell House Middle coffee into basket using calibrated Maxwell House Middle coffee spoon.

Add 1/2 Tums for the Tummy tablet to kill some acidity.

Replace coffee basket

Slide 10-year old $12 ($ 13.44 in yesterday's 30 July dollars, $25.93 in today's 31 July dollars) Chinese coffeemaker back toward wall.

Turn on power button --only button on the 10-year old $12 ($13.44 in yesterday's 30 July dollars, $25.93 in today's 31 July dollars) Chinese coffeemaker.

Go pee and await for gurgling to stop.

Drink cupful of  Maxwell House Middle coffee.

Go pee again.

Highly complicated process well worth it for 8 cups of Maxwell House middle coffee.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 10:20:38 AM by 230RN »

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2022, 10:27:40 AM »
I used to use a coffee grinder prior to my increasing dependence upon the drug... I also had a commercial Bunn prior to the Jenny thing. I gave it to my bud Rich afterward.

4 and a half spoonfuls?

I use a frickin' scoop. I've been known to tamp to get more in.

The Keurig limits my consumption to a maintenance dose.
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2022, 10:36:33 AM »
^"I use a frickin' scoop. I've been known to tamp to get more in."

It's actually a scoop, but not a frickin' one.  I'm surprised you didn't ask about the Tums.

Do you mean tamp into the spoon?  Seems simpler to just count out one more spoonful.  Or use less water.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2022, 11:00:48 AM »
Heh.

Fill electric kettle from filtered water in fridge door  set for 204F

Push 14g preset on integrated grinder and scale. Push grind.

Set V60 and filter on top of mug, place on kitchen scale.

Dump 14g ground coffee into filter. Tare scale.

Slowly pour 370 grams of 204F water over grounds. Let drip through

Put V60 in drip cup and top coffee with 15g cold water to make right drinking temp.

Drink coffee.

Not that complex.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2022, 11:09:11 AM »
If you need tums, you need better covfefe...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2022, 11:17:51 AM »
Not that complex.

Obviously not. You didn't even specify the cold water temp.  =D

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2022, 12:24:46 PM »
When he bragged about how the production of "MY COFFEE" was "...micromanaged every step of the way...", he completely lost me. Micromanagement BAD!!!

How can anyone "micromanage" the production of coffee? Does he have someone out there watching Juan Valdez the entire time Juan is picking and bagging the beans?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design