Author Topic: Dems want to add 87,000 IRS agents in new bill  (Read 814 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Dems want to add 87,000 IRS agents in new bill
« on: August 03, 2022, 03:51:24 PM »
Makes me wonder what they’re planning? 

https://www.republicanleader.gov/the-biden-recession/

“They say they want to help struggling families, but their new bill hires 87,000 new IRS agents to audit them and spy on their bank accounts”.

I know one thing, during the last Obama weaponizing of the IRS I was audited shortly after me and my daughter attended a rally on the Capital Hill during his tenure.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Dems want to add 87,000 IRS agents in new bill
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 04:13:30 PM »
I couldn't even make it through the first paragraph.   Way too loaded with partisan propaganda.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 05:21:08 PM »
They need help burning through all that ammo. Wait, maybe I'll apply...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 09:54:09 PM »
I couldn't even make it through the first paragraph.   Way too loaded with partisan propaganda.

Would you rather I use the CNN version?  LOL

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 08:20:38 AM »
Man! Those new agents haven't even been onboarded yet and the IRS is hot on the heels of the Ebay and Facebook Marketplace billionaires.  I'm sure that these enforcement actions will rein in the top 1% of earners and make them pay their fair share.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 11:30:41 AM »
I did a little guesstimation math and about $36.00 would come out of each taxpayer return to pay the salaries of these 87,000 new agents. This doesn't include healthcare, the "employer's" share of FICA, guns, uniforms, government automobiles they'll be using, etc., etc., etc. ...

Ain't worth a plug nickel if you ask me.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 11:39:13 AM »
Guess who will be leading this expansion?
Nikole Flax, one of Lois Lerner's lackeys.
Oh boy, this is going to be fun, in a bad bad way.

Of Course This Is Who Biden Picked to Lead ‘Centralized’ IRS for His Massive Expansion?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/08/30/lois-lerner-lackey-tapped-to-lead-central-irs-hub-for-new-agents-n2612399

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 11:43:56 AM »
I did a little guesstimation math and about $36.00 would come out of each taxpayer return to pay the salaries of these 87,000 new agents. This doesn't include healthcare, the "employer's" share of FICA, guns, uniforms, government automobiles they'll be using, etc., etc., etc. ...
Are you accounting for the percentage of people who actually pay taxes?

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 03:15:27 PM »
Are you accounting for the percentage of people who actually pay taxes?

Yup, but just income taxes. There are other taxes we pay, but on an individual basis, this is about the biggest. If a person were to count corporate income taxes and other government sources of income, the number would obviously be lower. I just gave an example for effect.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 06:18:37 PM »
While the cost is seems excessive, my major concern  about all this is whether they will be considered LEOs and therefore form more armed enforcement individuals employed by the government outside of the U.S. Marshals.

There have been posts expressing concern that so many government agencies are forming their own armed LEO departments.

Well, just geriatric paranoia, so forget it.

(Edited to delete "is."
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 06:34:24 AM by 230RN »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 07:49:58 PM »
As I understand it some, but not all, of the 87,000 will be sworn federal LEO's. I have yet to find a reliable source for the numbers.

On the optimistic side, any sworn officers have to go through FLETC, and there's a limited number of folks they can push through there in any given timeline. It's not all that big of an academy.

*technically there are three residential FLETC sites, but I think all the Treasury guys go through Glynco. (Hi Raylan)

**I see from the FLETC website they have a campus in Botswana.  Can you spell Black Site?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2022, 08:01:33 PM »
As I understand it some, but not all, of the 87,000 will be sworn federal LEO's. I have yet to find a reliable source for the numbers.

Despite me being one of the people posting the nerds in armor images, I'm guessing most of these positions will be auditors behind a desk, which are likely more dangerous. A desk jockey with a phone, computer, a swelled head, and the weight of the government can make all kinds of regular Joes lives miserable with audits on a whim.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »
Here's something all those new agents can do:

https://notthebee.com/article/the-department-of-the-treasury-is-auditing-the-irs-after-1250-irs-agents-failed-to-pay-their-taxes

The Inspector General of the Department of the Treasury is beginning an audit of the Internal Revenue Service after it has come to light that in 2019 1,250 employees had not paid their taxes.

Note that 2019 was pre-pandemic.

Some of the offenders offered great excuses like "I didn't know how." Some of these were rehires after being previously fired for "willful failure to properly file their Federal tax returns."

"I didn't know how."

Remind me: what is it you do for a living??
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama